According to Paul Bedard of the Washington Examiner:
While the media and his critics focused on the bitterly divided House impeachment hearings, President Trump this week collected the most agenda wins yet, policy victories — including some backed by Democrats — that bolster arguments he’s making for reelection, according to advisers and analysts.
One of his pollsters, John McLaughlin, joked that if public anger at impeachment continues to grow, worried Democrats might get in line to pass more of his agenda to give them protection in their reelections next year.
“Democrats in states and districts the president won are at serious risk if they vote for impeachment. So they are rushing to vote for the president’s popular positions,” he said, adding, “If [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi and [Senate Minority Leader Chuck] Schumer keep pressing impeachment, it’s likely the president will get his entire agenda passed and reelected in a landslide.”
Added to the list of accomplishments this week:
- An agreement on a new U.S.-Mexico-Canada trade deal.
- A new budget including more than $1.3 billion for a border wall and blocks a government shutdown.
- House approval of the U.S. Space Force, a brand-new branch of the military.
- Government family leave that will be a model for a proposal for the public.
- Tentative agreement on trade with China.
- Approval of Trump’s 50th federal appeals judge.
- Confirmation of a new Food and Drug Administration chief.
- The signing of a pro-Israel anti-Semitism executive order.
Uh, I would add that impeachment is turning into one of the best things that has happened to him too. Here, the Democrats expected the outrage to grow as these hearings proceeded. Instead, the opposite occurred, and now they just want to get it over with as fast as possible.