I’m pretty sure National Security Advisor John Bolton wants to have a war with someone. I’m just not sure yet if it’s with Iran, North Korea, or Venezuela. Or a country to be names later.
According to the Washington Examiner:
President Trump acknowledged on Tuesday that he would consider sending 120,000 troops, or more, to the Middle East to deal with Iran, even as he called the report “fake news.”
“Would I do that? Absolutely,” Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White House. “But we have not planned for that. Hopefully we’re not going to have to plan for that. And if we did that, we would send a hell of a lot more troops than that.”
The president also blasted the New York Times, which revealed that the White House was considering such a move and that Acting Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan unveiled a plan last week which would send the 120,000 troops to the Middle East.
“I think it’s just – where was that story, in the New York Times? Well the New York Times is fake news,” Trump said. The move would come as a response to a possible attack by Iran on U.S. forces, or an acceleration of Iran’s nuclear weapons development.