Man, the Washington establishment seems to recognize no limits on its own tone deafness. There was a vote, and Donald Trump, instead of a GOP Washington swamp creature, got the nomination and was elected.
Breitbart’s Steve Bannon went after Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and House Speaker Paul Ryan during the 60 Minutes interview aired Sunday night, saying, “They do not want Donald Trump’s populist, nationalist economic agenda to be impelmented.”
Here are some of the top quotes Bannon gave during the interview, according to Bannon’s website, Breitbart. They list 25 in total.
1. “The Republican establishment is trying to nullify the 2016 election. That’s a brutal fact we have to face.”
2. “Mitch McConnell when we first met him … he basically says, don’t want to hear any more of this ‘drain the swamp’ talk.’”
3. “In the 48 hours after we won, there’s a fundamental decision that was made. You might call it the original sin of the administration. We embraced the establishment. … Because you had to staff a government.”
4. “The plan was to do Obamacare because, remember, Paul Ryan and these guys come in and said, ‘We’ve done this for seven years. We’ve voted on this 50 times.’ … There is wide discrepancy in the Republican Party, as we know today, now that we’re in it. But I will tell you, leadership didn’t know it at the time. They didn’t know it till the very end.”
5. “I’m worried about losing the House now because of … of DACA … it will be a civil war inside the Republican party that will be every bit as vitriolic as 2013.”
6. “You couldn’t be more dead wrong [about immigration]. America was built on her citizens.”