The Romney campaign announced this morning that it had raised $106.1 million in June, a startling sum that highlights the money advantage Mitt Romney will have over President Obama this year.
According to the Romney campaign:
- $106.1 Million Raised In June
- 94% Of All Donations Received In June Were $250 Or Less
- $22.3 Million Raised By Donations Under $250 In June
- 536,729 Donations Received Under $250 In June
- Approximately $160 Million Cash On Hand
From conversations I’ve had with Republicans, I can tell you there is one thing the Romney campaign knows how to do: raise money. The Romney folks are even better at this than the George W. Bush campaign, alternately coddling and importuning donors with such well organized zeal that the pocketbooks and purses open up like magic.
That is, this is more than frustration with Obama that is driving cash into Romney’s coffers. It’s a talented fundraising operation.
Whether the operation knows what to do with that money, and its candidate, is another matter.