President Obama and his daughters plugged Small Business Saturday with a trip to a local Washington bookstore.
These are the books they bought:
– Being Mortal: Medicine and What Matters in the End – Atul Gawande
– Junie B. Jones and a Little Monkey Business (Junie B. Jones Series #2) – Barbara Park
– A Barnyard Collection: Click, Clack, Moo and More – Doreen Cronin
– I Spy Sticker Book and Picture Riddles by Jean Marzollo
– Nuts to You – Lynn Rae Perkins
– Junie B. Jones and the Stupid Smelly Bus (Junie B. Jones Series #1) – Barbara Park
– Brown Girl Dreaming – Jacqueline Woodson
– Redwall (Redwall Series #1) – Brian Jacques
– Mossflower (Redwall Series #2) – Brian Jacques
– Mattimeo – Brian Jacques (Redwall Series #3)
– Cartwheeling in Thunderstorms – Katherine Rundell
– The Narrow Road to the Deep North – Richard Flanagan
– The Laughing Monsters – Denis Johnson
– All the Light We Cannot See – Anthony Doerr
– Heart of Darkness – Joseph Conrad
– Nora Webster – Colm Toibin
– Age of Ambition: Chasing Fortune, Truth and Faith in the New China – Evan Osnos
And on Sunday, the president went golfing at Joint Base Andrews. Looks like some of the usual White House aides were with him.
Not counting a brief trip to the driving range the Sunday before, this is Obama’s 48th golf outing of the year and the 205th of his presidency.