Video || Josh Earnest has Good News!

by Keith Koffler on July 31, 2014, 5:12 pm

Okay, I know this is syrupy propaganda. And staging dinners between the president and his adoring letter writers while the world is in a state of crisis is a sure sign of gravely misplaced priorities.

But I have to admit, I’m kind of a sap. I like a certain amount of sentimental nonsense in my day. A video of the press secretary calling up average Americans and telling them they’re going to have dinner with the president gets me every time.

Even if you don’t share my maudlin inclinations, I thought you might want to get to know what the new press secretary, Josh Earnest, is like. This video actually reflects his personality pretty well. Watchful ingenuousness, I’d call it.

Playrighter July 31, 2014 at 5:41 pm

Was that a Freudian slip near the end, where Josh admits that Obama only goes to work when he’s sleep walking?

I’d bet all of my allowance that none of those letters was less than effusive in praise for Obama, and that they were hand picked for the political use of POTUS.

Another staged photo-op prepping even more human props?

Stevie July 31, 2014 at 6:53 pm

This administration doesn’t do photo-ops…remember?

Playrighter July 31, 2014 at 9:25 pm

I think somebody once answered that claim with a Pinterest site having something like 5,500 of those “transparencies” — most or all from the camera of Pete Souza.

Lee July 31, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Yes it is very nice. I am happy for the people to meet with the P.
I would rather see O working behind his desk.

Michael July 31, 2014 at 7:36 pm

I would rather see O working anywhere!

The past few weeks, all I’ve seen him do has been fundraising, drinking beer, playing pool, playing golf, and campaigning.

Most Americans expect lots more from their president than just being a cool guy.

Stevie July 31, 2014 at 6:52 pm

Maudlin, hell. More like masochistic.

Stefan July 31, 2014 at 7:04 pm

I’m sorry…it was so sickening I couldn’t get through the first 1:30. Josh makes my stomach turn more than Jay did, and I never thought that would be possible!

What is up with people doing that hand clinch thing with their thumb sticking out and waving it around as they talk?? I’ve noticed all these politicians do it almost constantly. As though it puts more emphasis on their words.

I think it’s called the “Clinton thumb”, as Bill Clinton did it all of the time. Ugh…. makes me sick.

Star August 1, 2014 at 11:54 am

I hate the pinchy fingers.

Julie Brueckheimer July 31, 2014 at 7:13 pm

The last meeting of the prez with the folks involved him hugging a ditsy blond who was jealous of the First Mooch.

Bonnie July 31, 2014 at 10:44 pm

Poor Becky. She will be so passed over by the president who might give her a glance, look right past her and look to the person next to her and beyond to the next person. He is such a superficial, narcissitic (to coin L. Lerner, a__hole).

gracepmc July 31, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Good thing for Josh that there are self admitted saps like you Keith.

R Aline August 1, 2014 at 12:36 am

Keith – I share those inclinations. I did indeed react emotionally to the joy the recipients of the calls were expressing. It’s hard not to react empathetically, if you are in any way human.

I will point out that I have written letters too. The tone and sentiment of which were indeed similar to those highlighted in this video. But my letters would receive no such response. My letters are more likely to result in an IRS audit.

In my letters, I don’t complain about the things government hasn’t yet helped me with. And that, made very apparent by this video, is the incorrect thing to do. If you want to survive in this new transformed America, you need to beg your political masters for consideration. You need to tell them what a god job they are doing, and hope they notice you and throw you a few scraps.

R Aline August 1, 2014 at 12:40 am

*god -> good. Presumably obvious, but, you know. ;)

Island Girl August 1, 2014 at 2:54 am

Now if only Barry didn’t make a fool of himself on this taxpayer funded vacation I might actually care for a minute.

Star August 1, 2014 at 11:53 am

I am never going to like this dweeb. Sorry.