Obama: It’s Good to be the King!

by Keith Koffler on February 11, 2014, 11:49 am

“That’s the good thing about being President, I can do whatever I want,” President Obama said Monday.

Okay, it was a joke, I know. But how deeply ironic he says this on the same day he changes the Obamacare law yet again to suit his political needs.

And so the joke quite likely bespeaks a certain attitude toward presidential power.

Obama uttered the line during a tour of Montcello avec French President Francois Hollande.

Okay, be that way. Just don’t ever ask us to Wait for the shake.

H/T to one of our readers, Bill, who threw me the Wait for the shake idea.

wendy February 11, 2014 at 11:57 am

I am sorry, but I don’t believe he was joking. He may say that he was, but actions prove more than words….

Sadie February 11, 2014 at 11:58 am

Mel Brooks was funny – http://youtu.be/lZKiYgcgBAY

Obama should serve out his term in Elba.

Bob Baldwin February 11, 2014 at 12:01 pm

THE KING IS A QUEEN !!!

Julie Brueckheimer February 11, 2014 at 12:02 pm

I return a rotflmao!

Mandy Manners February 11, 2014 at 12:04 pm

GMTA!

Girly1 February 11, 2014 at 12:39 pm

Only if he takes the Mooch with him, Sadie….

Mandy Manners February 11, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Andy from Beaverton February 11, 2014 at 11:51 pm
Mandy Manners February 11, 2014 at 12:26 pm

“This is something I’ve struggled with throughout my presidency,” said Obama. “The problem is that I’m the president of the United States, I’m not the emperor of the United States. My job is to execute laws that are passed.”

Mandy Manners February 11, 2014 at 12:31 pm
srdem65 February 11, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Petty criminals, bullies, and spoiled brats all think that way; they can do whatever they want because they have no fear of retribution or restraints that might stop their actions.
It’s true that MrO can do whatever he wants, but only in a limited way and only with the complicit approval of his opponents. His powers are also limited by his competence and willingness to do things, and that is where MrO fails.

He can’t command the economy to improve, he can’t command the Repubs in the House or Senate to do his bidding, he can’t command that laws outside his perview be changed, and he can’t command the oceans to recede or the planet to cool.
He gets more arrogant and insufferable by every utterance, every deed, and there will be a day of reckoning. There always is.

Girly1 February 11, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Oh my gosh…love, love, LOVE Mel Brooks – the King of Comedy (or was that Alan King?)
The clip reminds me of that expression — Don’t (blank) on my feet and tell me it’s raining. That’s our ‘king’, alright.

BTW, something I haven’t thought about in years. I distinctly remember back to the 2009 ‘vacay’ to Paris when Obama boasted that MOOCHIE was fluent in French. I say…Prove it – tonight!

Julie Brueckheimer February 11, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Where does that clip come from? I have to get that DVD!

Girly1 February 11, 2014 at 1:28 pm

I think it’s from Mel Brook’s HIstory of the World Part I, Julie. I don’t beiieve there ever was a part II.

Aileen February 11, 2014 at 1:55 pm

His comment was not made in jest, IMO.

gracepmc February 11, 2014 at 2:05 pm

Now Treasury wants employers to “certify” that those they lay off are not due to the strains of Obamacare. Who the hell is Treasury to make this unlawful, arbitrary demand of private enterprise. Let’s see a statute.

Mandy Manners February 11, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I bet it’s in the Act.

gracepmc February 11, 2014 at 2:58 pm

This may not be. I don’t think they anticipated such a monumental failure of both Obamacare and the economy. But who the heck knows at this point, maybe it’s all part of the plan.

I am sickened by this Administration from Michelle’s dogs at the table to Obama’s I can do anything I want.

Lee February 11, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Congress… Hello Congress….. Anybody there????
A four year old could do more than what they are doing at this point!