Obama Schedule || Monday, February 10, 2014

by Keith Koffler on February 10, 2014, 12:21 am

9:45 am || Receives the President Daily Briefing
12:30 pm || Lunch with Biden
2:50 pm || Departs White House
4:30 pm || Tours Monticello with French President Francois Hollande; Charlottesville, Virginia
5:15 pm || Delivers remarks; Monticello
7:20 pm || Arrives White House

All times Eastern
Live stream of Carney briefing at 1:30 pm

Scott February 10, 2014 at 6:54 am

A nice lunch and a tour of Monticello. Most of us would call that a vacation.

Glad you are back, Keith.

Star February 10, 2014 at 10:55 am

Monitcello is cool upon coolness. We used to go there every once in a while–Jefferson was a real genius, not some faux poseur. All his inventions…And I don’t mean invented accomplishments and invented academic records–he started the Univ of VA, for heaven’s sakes. The part I liked was his breakfast nook–he had plaster busts of his friends–Washington, Madison (I think) in there around in back of the chairs.

Geoff Caldwell February 10, 2014 at 7:35 am

Hope you’re feeling better.
As usual thought you’re up and at em long before the Organizer in the Oval.
If I were a scientist I’d rush out to Jefferson’s grave and place a couple of seismometers. With today’s technology I’m sure you could get a 3D image of Jefferson turning as the two socialists trash his sanctuary.

Lee February 10, 2014 at 8:04 am

Hi Keith, welcome back.
I should hope at the presidential briefing they touch base on the Iranian documentary aired on their state TV.
Iran airs shock simulation on state TV involving a U.S. Aircraft Carrier, and Israeli Cities. This is just after Iran’s northern fleet announced Iranian warship would for the first time travel close to US Maritime.
Doumentary simulatin attacks on America Aircraft and Israli Cities.

Mandy Manners February 10, 2014 at 8:19 am

A Mexican man will be sentenced in federal court Monday in the killing of a U.S. Border Patrol agent whose death revealed a botched law enforcement sting in which agents lost track of hundreds of guns sold to criminals.

Mandy Manners February 10, 2014 at 8:20 am
Lee February 10, 2014 at 9:39 am

One person to face justice.This administration is very good at finding one person to blame. Reminds me of the man and the video after the Benghazi attack.
This administration, I believe think they are above all. They are human, and all humans make mistakes.

Geoff Caldwell February 10, 2014 at 9:32 am

And yet the bigger criminal in all this, Eric Holder, hides behind executive privilege.
When the history of the Obama era is written it will either be:
1. The miracle of the American spirit and how it survived the Obama years
or
2. 2008: The beginning of the end of the great American Republic.

Lee February 10, 2014 at 9:44 am

If Congress doesn’t get up off their tale and do something. I am afraid it will be the the #2. Whoever gets in office will think they have the reins to play the same game.
This administration reminds me of some made of game, Adults/Children play. I may have given the game people an idea of a new game to produce.

Geoff Caldwell February 10, 2014 at 10:25 am

All the more important that Harry Reid be removed as majority leader. If Repubs had both chambers Obama couldn’t hide behind Reid’s skirt, he’d have to explain his vetos of bills and depending on how bad he does in 2015 might even face impeachment.

Sadie February 10, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Eric Holder hides behind black executive privilege.

DeniseVB February 10, 2014 at 8:31 am

I think he needs to keep his skinny butt in the War Room today…..oops, forgot, Carney said he can be President anywhere ! ;)

Lee February 10, 2014 at 8:59 am

It states Pentagon had no response.
I typed in recent history of Maritime borders being entered by other countries. Of course China was listed,
I typed in recent history: How many times other Countries have entered another Countries Maritime Border. It does not show a list of just the issue of traveling over the Maritime Border.
Does anyone know that answer?
By the way before O’s meeting this morning, I hope he is doing the same research I am.

Girly1 February 10, 2014 at 8:55 am

Well, the two fellow travellers will have plenty of leisure time this afternoon to console each other on their respective approval ratings: Hollande dropped to a new low of 19% last week – Obama is also at his low – 39%.

Geoff Caldwell February 10, 2014 at 9:34 am

The fact that it is even still at 39% is one of the saddest facts of all.

Aileen February 10, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Down home, we say that people who have to go somewhere -anywhere- every single day “run up and down the road.” That comment is not considered a compliment.

Sadie February 10, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Will Hollande share tax tips with Obama. Really – they both should be sent off to Elba for an extended stay.