Sheila Jackson Lee: We’ll Send Obama Executive Orders

by Keith Koffler on February 5, 2014, 8:29 am

W w w w w w wait a second here. This isn’t what I learned in fifth grade.

The leftists on the new House Democratic “Full Employment Caucus” are planning to “draft” executive orders for President Obama to sign, according to Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee of Texas.

Legislation doesn’t have to pass Congress anymore! IT JUST NEEDS TO BE APPROVED BY THE FULL EMPLOYMENT CAUCUS AND SENT STRAIGHT TO THE PRESIDENT.

Because the Caucus, you see, “will be answering the call of all of America,” according to SJL. So now we apparently have a Dictatorship of the Proletariat right here in the United States.

Here’s what she said:

We will be answering the call of all of America because people need work and we’re not doing right by them by creating work. And I believe this caucus will put us on the right path and we’ll give President Obama a number of executive orders that he can sign with pride and strength.

In fact, I think that should be our number one agenda. Let’s write up these executive orders — draft them, of course — and ask the president to stand with us on full employment.

I mean, it says it right there in the Constitution – Article VIII, Section 2:

In case of high unemployment, the House of Representatives shall establish a Full Employment Caucus which shall be empowered to approve laws and send them directly to the president. The president shall be empowered to sign these laws with pride and strength.

During times of especially high unemployment, members of the Full Employment Caucus will also be permitted to cut in line in the House cafeteria.

The Federalist Papers show that the Founders considered giving the Full Employment Caucus the power to declare war, but ultimately left this with Congress.

Porterhouse February 5, 2014 at 8:55 am

I guess she can resign from Congress now. She has made her job obsolete.

Lilian G. McRoberts February 5, 2014 at 9:12 am

like Victoria responded I am stunned that people able to get paid $8083 in 1 month on the internet . you could check here… F­­B­3­9­.­ℭ­O­M

Geoff Caldwell February 5, 2014 at 8:57 am

Sheila Jackson Lee, the poster child for S.T.U.P.I.D.

Langley Spook February 5, 2014 at 2:50 pm

She is beyond IGNORANT…

Michael February 5, 2014 at 8:58 am

Of course, Keith, your comments are racist. MSNBC will no doubt agree.

Aileen February 5, 2014 at 8:58 am

There are two people who can really get my dander up every time they open their mouths and words come out. I do not refer to the words that leave their mouths as “speech” because that would require a brain.

Aileen February 5, 2014 at 9:00 am

The other person is Maxine Waters who long ago declared her intent to take over the banking industry.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:31 am

She also wants to “socialize” big oil. (I don’t know how Cohen and the reprsentative on his right kept themselves from laughing out loud at that ninny!)

gracepmc February 5, 2014 at 11:38 am

Then she is going to have to fight Fauxcohantas Warren for it.

Bud February 5, 2014 at 10:58 pm

Thats a great name, with your kind permission I would like to use it when corresponding with fellow Patriots

Kimbly February 5, 2014 at 9:02 am

So, can those of us in flyover country claim taxation without representation now? If a republican is elected to congress, does it make a sound?

Lee February 5, 2014 at 9:04 am

While I was trying to absorb what I just read, and think of a nice comment. I pulled up who were the members of the Full Employment Caucus. I did not see a list of membrs part of this.
Can anyone tell me exactly who is part of this group besides Jackson?

Geoff Caldwell February 5, 2014 at 9:11 am

I don’t know about specific members of Congress but I can assure you there are plenty of voices in her head advising her.

Lee February 5, 2014 at 9:33 am

Tks

Julie Brueckheimer February 5, 2014 at 10:13 am

!

AFVet February 5, 2014 at 10:50 am

She’s the one that wanted the Mars rover to go find the flag.
I say send her there and let her look for it !

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:23 am

Today, in response to the ongoing jobs crisis in America, Representatives John Conyers, Jr. (D-Mich.), Frederica Wilson (D-Fla.), Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.), Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas), José Serrano (D-N.Y.), and Mike Quigley (D-Ill.) announced the creation of a Congressional Full Employment Caucus.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:25 am
Lee February 5, 2014 at 9:33 am

Tks

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:44 am

You’re welcome! All but Quigley are on the Congressional Progressive, i.e., Communist, Caucus.

Geoff Caldwell February 5, 2014 at 9:41 am

Put em all in one room and you’ve got a collective IQ of 2.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:46 am

I don’t think they’re all idiots. They follow an ideology that is, for the most part, ignorant of human nature and how things really work.

RS February 5, 2014 at 3:58 pm

From Conyers website:
All Dems. Imagine that. Creating unity and …. oh, no it isn’t.

Guillermo Grande February 5, 2014 at 9:26 am

Well That’s Fantastic!

Sanchez February 5, 2014 at 9:34 am

This is a COUP! This must be stopped before it causes a constitutional crisis the likes we have never seen.

This could cause civil disruption.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

How? Who but a very few who pay very close attention to the news will even hear about it?

Sanchez February 5, 2014 at 1:04 pm

I know that this year my taxes will be the lowest in my life because there is no way i am funding this government any longer.
I will take the Geithner way.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 3:12 pm

You’re gonna’ screw things up using Turbo Tax?

Lee February 5, 2014 at 9:38 am

I am pleading with the Republican Congressman. Please put your foot down. The list is getting longer. You are being trambled on. Stand up and do something for the American Citizens.
Blind Sheep……………………………….

srdem65 February 5, 2014 at 9:39 am

What an interesting plan; EOs that allow Congress to do right by all of America. Full employment at the stroke of a pen and no one thought of this tactic until now. Amazing. MsLee is a genius!

Geoff Caldwell February 5, 2014 at 9:43 am

EUREKA I’ve got it! Ms. Jackson-Lee can head the first mission to Mars to retrieve Armstrong’s flag.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 9:48 am

She won’t give up on her mission, just as it wasn’t over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor!

Lee February 5, 2014 at 11:23 am

??

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 11:33 am

It’s from Bluto’s speech after Delta got booted from campus in “Animal House”.

Lee February 5, 2014 at 10:23 am

I was not agreeing with Jackson. I am furious with what is going on. I am sorry my point was misunderstood.

Pucachu February 5, 2014 at 5:47 pm

These idiots think employee people in public sector jobs and then taxing their income is revenue for the government. They don’t realize that if they pay them 1000$ then tax them 350$ that it is an expense of 650$. They actually beleive they made 350$. These idiots don’t understand basic economics.

PBB February 5, 2014 at 9:48 am

Wow, Stupid,Ignorance and Arrogance make a very dangerous Representative…………

I am surprised she has not called for action against NASA because Mar’s Rover can’t find the Apollo 11 landing site.

At this point, I wonder if the Constitution is breathing it’s last breath.

AFVet February 5, 2014 at 11:32 am

You are correct.
Your first paragraph also applies to the people that keep electing her.

OldTimer February 5, 2014 at 10:06 am

Isn’t she the one who wants to establish a Department of Peace?

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 10:11 am

That was Rep. Barbara Lee who wanted to establish the Department of Peacebuilding.

OldTimer February 5, 2014 at 11:10 am

Thanks for correcting me. Maybe they will take a clue from Venezuela and establish a Department similar to a new one Venezuela created…..Vice Ministry for the Supreme Social Happiness of the People.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 11:29 am

ROFLMAO! Maduro’s turning out to be quite the nut.

Susan February 5, 2014 at 10:10 am

Under normal circumstances, I would assure you all that Sheila Jackson Lee is a blithering ignoramus who believes Vietnam is still two separate countries, that the Mars Rover would locate the American flag planted by Neil Armstrong, and that she is a freed slave. Unfortunately, these are not normal circumstances.

“War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.”

Papajonl February 5, 2014 at 10:28 am

And these two idiots, SJ Lee and Maxine Waters keep getting elected! I’ve always believed, California and Vermont need to be sold to the highest bidder. That’s right Vermont as well, because it won’t be long before the socialist B. Sanders declares that this is a great idea, laws by decree…

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 10:45 am

Sheila Jackson Lee’s from Houston.

Susan February 5, 2014 at 11:37 am

She is from a district that has been gerrymandered for blacks. Texas redistricting has been under the thumb of the federal leviathan since LBJ took vengeance against the state in the Voting Rights Act of 1964. The first black representative from District 18 was the great civil rights leader, Barbara Jordan. How far District 18 has fallen under the carpetbagger from Queens, Sheila Jackson Lee.

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 11:55 am

Here’s an article about what it’s like to work for the lunatic.

Star February 5, 2014 at 10:48 am

Nitwit–I mean, Congresswoman Nitwit.

Star February 5, 2014 at 10:54 am

Plus so-called EOs done by Congress are called House Resolutions, Senate Resolutions, or Joint Resolutions and cover things that would be nice but are not required by law. This is achingly dumb.

Artcat February 5, 2014 at 11:02 am

Please, someone slap me and wake me up. I keep having the same nightmare over and over. In it, idiots are taking over the country. The constitution is being ignored and no one finds anything wrong with that. It’s a terrible nightmare. Oh… wait….

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 11:26 am

It’s a worse dream than showing up for your exams and suddenly realizing you’re naked.

Artcat February 5, 2014 at 11:31 am

I didn’t have that one. I had the one where I could not find the classroom to take the exam. Kind of the same panic I feel everytime I read about the ideas of these out-of-touch politicians!

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 11:35 am

I dreamed I couldn’t find good weed.

Shofar February 5, 2014 at 12:20 pm

If you listen to what she said, I think she let a Freudian slip escape. She stated talking about the American people, “We’re not doing right by them by creating work.”

Granted, the government cannot create jobs (although it does create work with all of its regulations), but it is the liberal mindset that the government can. So if you extrapolate out her comment, the Dems are not doing right by their constituents by creating jobs, thus the need to keep jobs growth to a minimum and keep the lemmings (or sheep is you prefer) fat and happy on the government teat.

Star February 5, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Hi–haven’t seen you in a while.

Shofar February 5, 2014 at 12:52 pm

Hi Star. Been a rough few months.

Guillermo Grande February 5, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Ditto Star and hope the future is brighter Shofar.

To your comment, spot on. Take the opposite of any liberal /progressive program name and you have the results. Full Employment? More like no employment. Come to think of it, if we start with HER, I”m all for it.

nanette lynch February 5, 2014 at 2:02 pm

An embarrassment to my state.

Sylvia Simpson February 5, 2014 at 2:59 pm

Oh my gosh! This crazy woman from, as a Texan I’m embarrassed to say, Houston is getting crazier and crazier. It will be interesting to hear what she has to say when after 2016 we have a Republican president. Would the “caucus” want to follow that route with him? I guess we are really in the silly season. She’s always good for a laugh but I wish some other state could claim her.

Larry February 5, 2014 at 3:06 pm

Another nincompoop voted into office by a moronic constituency!

Arlene Farrow February 5, 2014 at 3:27 pm

What a disappoint Sheila Jackson is–after spending years in Washington she has no basic knowledge of how our country works.
To hear her speak of writing up Executive Orders (drafting them) for the President to sign is just one more indication of her ignorance or purposeful disregard for the Constitution and rules of law. She speaks neither for me nor anyone who truly loves this country. I suggest she spend whatever time she has left in Washington to do the job she is getting paid to do and honoring the pledge she made upon her swearing in. You are a complete and utter disappointment to all who expect better of you.

Sucre Ramirez February 5, 2014 at 3:46 pm

Are you people in Washington going Mad? How can the employment Caucus by-pass out constitution. Only Congress shall have the right to pass law. Where are we living now in a Banana Republic. This woman should be send to live in Central Africa, where she can do whatever she wants.

In this country we must follow the Law of the land.
I urge the President no to sign such a nonsensical approach. By passing the congress is dangerous and against all Laws.

Elaine February 5, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Congress has bypassed the Constitution for decades. How do you think the president has so much power? And how do you think the federal government has gotten its nose into every single part of our lives?

Richard St Cyr February 5, 2014 at 3:48 pm

I am sure many of you have heard this quote before ” it is better for the world to think you are stupid, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.”
I think in the case of Sheila Lee this quote applies.

PS Don’t you agree !!!!

Chuck February 5, 2014 at 4:05 pm

I thought unemployment had come down

phil hammersley February 5, 2014 at 4:08 pm

It was SJL who asked the NASA exec if he could drive the Mars Rover over to where our astronauts planted the US flag so she could look at it.

mbk February 5, 2014 at 4:11 pm

I give up there’s no hope for America.
It’s sad that one person or a few persons can’t speak for over 300 million people
That is dictatorship.
I have given up
I see no hope for America
America is gone
America is gone
All that remains is America’s funeral

Dave February 5, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Is SJL on some really serious drugs? Did she ever pass the 2nd grade? What a complete MORON!

Lou February 5, 2014 at 4:56 pm

I can’t believe you folks down there in the Lone Star State keep
Electing her. Will somebody please do something?

J Cain February 5, 2014 at 5:24 pm

But wait, didn’t The Lyin’ King just brag about unemployment supposedly be down in his SOTU address…she must have missed it…or perhaps she is like anyone who knows the # went down because a lot of people are out of unemployment benefits & are now on welfare (no longer even looking for a JOB)…YA JUST CAN’T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS Ms Jackson!

Bob Rice February 5, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Did anyone besides me,see that the folks on that employment caucau are all of the darker persuasion???what a bunch of low life dirtbags,and the folks that work for lee say,every other word out of her mouth is calling her hired help MOTHER F – - – - – S,,she should have her mouth washed out with LYSOL !!!

Mandy Manners February 5, 2014 at 6:42 pm

“Did anyone besides me,see that the folks on that employment caucau are all of the darker persuasion??”

And, your point is?

BTW, Serrano and Quiggley are Caucasians.

Elaine February 5, 2014 at 8:50 pm

What the hey is the Full Employment Caucus? Is that like the Socialist/Democrat/Progressive Caucus with additional members?

Kathy Mills February 5, 2014 at 8:58 pm

Shelia Jackson Lee and Wendy Davis?
Texas, where did you find them?
Please, take SJL back and do whatever you must…..hanging, shooting, electrocution…whatever the punishment Texas deems fit!

jayke February 5, 2014 at 9:08 pm

That idiot ha already issued hundreds of “Executive Order” to which he is not entitled ! Why in the world would you give him even more of the same? That kind of reasoning is why our country is in the such a disastrous condition . What else can you expect from such a Congress with this kind of mindset?!

Michael February 5, 2014 at 9:59 pm

what is wrong with Texans? why they keep sending this low level shit to d.c.?

Bud February 5, 2014 at 10:55 pm

Lady you is bats…….

Heather February 5, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Is SJL stupid? There is no article VIII Section 2 of the US Constitution! That means she is talking about the TX state Constitution—she better get reading because that article VIII section 2 has to do with Tx Taxation and Revenue not employment and employment has nothing to do with that article. OMG she is one stupid bimbo.

So she is another one on the list of impeachement, she is deliberately going against the Constitution—oh but wait, she must think since her dictator says he will do it, she can now speak for him and push for EOs.

Marcus February 5, 2014 at 11:25 pm

Coming from Rep Lee, this is no surprise, of course. She is one of the many members of our US Congress who is a member of the Democratic Socialists of America party, affiliated with the Socialist International. Here’s the link of what this group is all about, and members of the Congress who are members of the group.

Gary February 6, 2014 at 1:02 am

I thought we had low unemployment at this time. The “government figures” say we are only at about 7.2%! and now they are trying to enact a plan of dictatorship here it looks like. sounds tribal to me.

Steve February 6, 2014 at 8:19 am

I would suggest to Mrs. Lee that she try to pass the full employment mandate before they raise the minimum wage to $10.10. Crazy dumb-asses! I see robot hamburger flippers in the future.

ireAmerica February 6, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Sheila Jackson Lee – a typical VICTIM of Affirmative Action. Obviously failed American History, but got passed anyway. Just another dirt-common socialist idiot railing against “the system” with no idea of how it is supposed to work – and no concept of liberty or what you are supposed to do with it.

LINDA February 6, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Ever notice how Dems/Libs and Muslims all answer questions the same way? They talk & talk saying nothing but are sure to keep you out of the conversation. They don’t want you to bring common sense into the picture. They just blather on and on with their lies and double talk. They want to bring you to a place of giving up on a real answer. So weary of their childish games. You don’t expect an adult to behave like this (a child 2 to 12).
And to top it off they believe we are so stupid we don’t know what they have planned is against our Constitution and Laws of the Land. They like to hoodwink us. But then doubt they know what the Constitution says. I am in awe sometimes at the ignorant remarks that come out of the mouth of Libs. How do thy get elected?!!!

Jim February 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm

Come on folks. All 83 of you that have submitted a comment prior to me haven’t taken the time to look at the Constitution. There are ONLY 7 Articles to the constitution, not 8. Do your due diligence, read and expand your knowledge base.

This crackpot from the Houston area is just that, a crackpot.

Al April 28, 2014 at 10:21 pm

Rep. Jackson’s unemployment chart is a joke as if one can make big bucks in the drug business why would anyone even think of working for a living ?