Obama Directs Cabinet to Subvert Constitution

by Keith Koffler on January 15, 2014, 12:58 pm

Think about it. The president convened a Cabinet meeting to instruct the executive branch to do everything it can think of to subvert the Constitution and contravene the intentions of the Founders by end running Congress like a political tailback on steroids.

Here’s what he said before he threw the press out:

So one of the things that I’m going to be talking to my Cabinet about is how do we use all the tools available to us, not just legislation, in order to advance a mission that I think unifies all Americans — the belief that everybody has got to take responsibility, everybody has got to work hard, but if you do, that you can support a family and meet the kinds of obligations that you have to yourself and your family but also to your communities and to your nation.

All the tools available to us? The president isn’t supposed to have such tools. That’s what the Constitution was all about – checking the power of a potential monarch.

I looked back through the Constitution and reread Article II, which describes the executive branch. Here, in toto, are the president’s significant powers:

• Every Bill which shall have passed the House of Representatives and the Senate, shall, before it become a Law, be presented to the President of the United States: If he approve he shall sign it, but if not he shall return it
  • The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the United States
  • He shall have Power, by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, to make Treaties, provided two thirds of the Senators present concur; and he shall nominate, and by and with the Advice and Consent of the Senate, shall appoint Ambassadors, other public Ministers and Consuls, Judges of the supreme Court, and all other Officers of the United States, whose Appointments are not herein otherwise provided for
  • He shall take Care that the Laws be faithfully executed, and shall Commission all the Officers of the United States.

AND THAT’S IT. Otherwise he’s supposed to be twiddling his thumbs.

But not Obama.

In order to advance a mission that I think unifies all Americans, he said.

What mission? Americans don’t UNITE behind a mission in support of their president. That’s for Bolsheviks. We are a republic designed to safeguard the rights and views of individuals and minorities WHO DON’T WANT TO COME ALONG ON SOMEONE’S MISSION.

Obama’s viewpoint is distinctly opposite to this. It’s majoritarian, saying, I’ve been elected and so I will rule, never mind the inconvenience of the people’s other elected representatives and their views.

The president laid out his approach for the rest of his second term, which will involve ignoring Congress and the Constitution as much as possible:

But one of the things that I’ll be emphasizing in this meeting is the fact that we are not just going to be waiting for a legislation in order to make sure that we’re providing Americans the kind of help that they need.

I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone — and I can use that pen to sign executive orders and take executive actions and administrative actions that move the ball forward in helping to make sure our kids are getting the best education possible and making sure that our businesses are getting the kind of support and help they need to grow and advance to make sure that people are getting the skills that they need to get those jobs that our businesses are creating.

And I’ve got a phone that allows me to convene Americans from every walk of life — non-profits, businesses, the private sector, universities — to try to bring more and more Americans together around what I think is a unifying theme: making sure that this is a country where if you work hard, you can make it.

He’s got a pen and he’s got a phone. He’s gonna use ‘em. And who’s going to do anything about it? Nobody.

H/T to Mark Levin, who spoke about this on his radio show last night.

rawheadrex January 15, 2014 at 1:00 pm

Impeachment!

DeniseVB January 15, 2014 at 1:09 pm

Didn’t Megyn Kelly ask a Republican if Obama is as bad as you say he is why don’t you impeach him? I think the mushy answer was “because we can’t” or something.

Judge Jeanine’s opening statement this week should be a barn burner. :D

anneinarkansas January 15, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Why can’t they?
If they are patient he may hand them enough rope.
Mushy is the word.

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 2:00 pm

They have plenty of rope.
What they are short on is guts.

veritaseequitas January 15, 2014 at 2:49 pm

No testicular veracity

Lee January 15, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Very Very few of them deserve to be re-elected. You never know. O may have promised them they can keep there job for another 20 years. Do away with elections with his Pen and Phone.So they are going along with all of his MESS. Don’t these people have freinds and relatives? Don’t they worry about their future as we are for our children? Yes they may be rich but that will not secure their future by not having a free Country.

apr_47 January 15, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Actually, our foreign secretary of state M. Albright used the Spanish word “cojones” on tv, not a nice word to use in front of women. I’ll never forget when she used it.

Girly1 January 15, 2014 at 1:55 pm

It’s not that they ‘can’t’ impeach him; they won’t impeach him. Not even the part of him that is ‘white’.

anneinarkansas January 15, 2014 at 2:17 pm

The black half is the problem….they are scared silly of the race card.

Janice J. Bell January 15, 2014 at 5:38 pm

what Charles answered I’m alarmed that a person able to get paid $6944 in a few weeks on the computer. check out the post right here… F­B­3­­9.C­O­M

Geoff Caldwell January 15, 2014 at 1:04 pm

We MUST regain control of the Senate this year and get this menace removed before there is no Constitution left!

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Agreed.
The only reason he can get away with what he is doing is because the congress allows him to.
Boehner and Reid have to go.

Lee January 15, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Well the two of them, I feel need to go on their own little mission, by first getting out of polotics. Everyone one is turning into blind sheep.

Julie Brueckheimer January 15, 2014 at 6:13 pm

We must get control of the Senate with our kind of Republicans. It signifies nothing if the newly elected are RINOs and we need to remove the chances of Mitch McConnell becoming Senate Majority Leader. McConnell and Reid fraternal twins from birth.

Lee January 15, 2014 at 6:53 pm

I do agree.

DeniseVB January 15, 2014 at 1:07 pm

“I’ve got a pen and I’ve got a phone” reminds me of an old joke…

“I’ve got PMS and a gun, any questions?”

Unfortunately, he’s not joking, but he’s just as dangerous now. Almost pathelogically so.

anneinarkansas January 15, 2014 at 1:28 pm

He could have PMS though.
Have you seen the funny video “Macho, Macho, Macho Man”?

veritaseequitas January 15, 2014 at 2:51 pm

Good one and so true.

Lizzy January 15, 2014 at 1:17 pm

He’s continually emasculated by his wife he knows he’s in over his head
and hasn’t acted as a President since he raised his hand in Jan 2009.
Since then real life jumped up and smacked him scandals he is finding
a bit more difficult to swat away. So his only option before the press
maybe comes out of hibernation is to continue his rule by executive
order his pen he’s not got a brain.

Moe January 15, 2014 at 1:24 pm

He scares me, yep I said it.

Bob Baldwin January 15, 2014 at 1:30 pm

The POX upon him

gracepmc January 15, 2014 at 1:35 pm

He scares me too.

Lizzy January 15, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Yes he’s a megalomaniac on a power trip and nobody will stop him he’s just going to keep it up till someone grows a set man or
woman. Scary very scary.

ImNoDhimmi January 16, 2014 at 8:27 am

He is scary, and getting scarier by the day. He seems absolutely determined to push his agenda of wealth redistribution down the throats of the American middle class. If I lived in the States I’d be thinking of some way to move my money, my retirement savings, and any other investments I had somewhere far beyond Barry’s reach, because I think he’ll be coming after people’s assets.

srdem65 January 15, 2014 at 1:29 pm

Does he know that almost every poll taken shows that more than half of America doesn’t trust him, or that they don’t approve of him in every way?
The man is delusional and a menace to our Republic.

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 1:46 pm

He doesn’t care about the polls.
He has three years to complete his mission, and his foot is going to be on the gas.

Langley Spook January 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Didnt you get the memo?
We are suppose to IGNORE/NOT REPORT the polls…

Radegunda January 15, 2014 at 9:11 pm

And ignore the voices that warn about tyranny ….

gracepmc January 15, 2014 at 1:33 pm

Bravo! I agree with every word — especially “who is going to do anything about it? Nobody.”

We are Oblomov.

gracepmc January 15, 2014 at 1:42 pm

And just think about that cabinet. — who agree with him and are meeting to plan ways of subverting the constitution.

In a less deluded and less free country we would see this for what it is and what Mark Levin could not quite grasp precisely but that looks- walks – and quacks like a duck coup.

Geoff Caldwell January 15, 2014 at 2:45 pm

The cabinet is as corrupt as he is. Remember Lisa Jackson using gmail for official business to keep it out of the public record? I’m sure if we could get at the Google service we’d find every “official” WH account with a corresponding “private” full of missives regarding subverting the Constitution.
Remember it was Obama himself who bemoans it as a charter of “negative liberties”.

Girly1 January 15, 2014 at 1:46 pm

It’s bad enough that the idiot savant is out there today spouting lunacy about colleges partnering with businesses; but it is something else when he announces to the world that he is sick of being president and all he ever wanted to be was a dictator.
He is holding a nuclear bomb in his hand – the pen and the phone, Forget about the little black box.
I am repeating myself, but this guy is a yellow-bellied coward at heart. The problem is – no one has taken him to task. He has been testing the waters for 5 years now, i.e. the blanket amnesty for millions of Dreamers two years ago.
Like any spoiled, bratty child, this punk needs to be taken to the woodshed ASAP!
Congress should declare a national state of emergency until a special committee is called upon to decipher his words and take appropriate action.
Hold his feet to the fire – we are under attack! Believe me, he will fold like a cheap suit. No one has ever held him accountable for his words/actions.

Lizzy January 15, 2014 at 4:47 pm

Looking at the reasons to seek impeachment and removal he’s certainly got ‘high crimes and misdemeanors’ although vague in the bag. Truly he’s got to be stopped 3 years he can ruin the rest
of our beautiful country. At least he’s stuck in that horrible WH with
Michelle and she is not happy well we’re not happy with her either!

Radegunda January 15, 2014 at 9:13 pm

And idiot savant is exceptionally good at something. Obama doesn’t have the savant part, but he’s sure got the idiot part.

ImNoDhimmi January 16, 2014 at 8:30 am

Barry’s exceptionally good at lying. Does that count?

aunty M January 16, 2014 at 4:58 pm

Living in California, I have pretty much given up writing
to my “lovely senators”. Barbara Boxer is waya too liberal
for me, and I always dislike her answers to me, and Diane
Feinstein, who is not quit as liberal, always sounds reasonable, at least as best she can.

Michael January 15, 2014 at 1:47 pm

The big problem with this is that Obama is badly misreading the “agenda” that he thinks the American people want advanced.

Obamacare is a perfect example. He continues to spend our money to push this bill that a wide majority of Americans have never supported, no matter which poll you believe. Yet Obama refuses to back down on his “signature achievement”.

Income equality, which is not high on most people’s priorities, is the next big issue that Obama wants to push, despite going against the will of the people.

Can America get through three more years of this?

Kimbly January 15, 2014 at 2:15 pm

His actions show he doesn’t care what the American people want. Only his teleprompter says he cares.

Radegunda January 15, 2014 at 9:21 pm

Exactly. A clear majority of Americans dislike the ACA; they want border enforcement before or instead of amnesty: they think voter ID is a good idea; they want us to use more of our own energy resources. Etc.

The little dictator’s claim to speak on behalf of the American people is a sham. It’s disgusting when uses that silly phrase “that’s not who we are” — as though his own agenda represented who “we” are. It’s like a personalized version of “l’etat, c’est moi.” Or he’s decreeing the General Will, because the people are too stupid to know what they want.

Ellen January 15, 2014 at 1:58 pm

When he’s pulled these end-runs before, I’ve written to my two Senators (both Democrats, I live in MD, any and all pity welcome) and asked them how they liked being made irrelevant. Funny, the responses I got had nothing to do with my question….

nellas January 15, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I had the same responses from my congress people in Illinois. They send a standard letter not addressing the issues I was raising, but they can say that they did respond!

Langley Spook January 15, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Same thing here, I write my useless Senators, and IF they write back its some B.S. about how great they are doing for us lowly citizens.

AZ Granny January 15, 2014 at 3:09 pm

Or they ask for a donation! :(

mo1 January 15, 2014 at 3:41 pm

That is better than my two Democratic NY Senators. They don’t respond to anything that is not praise for them, Obama and their agenda.

Moe January 15, 2014 at 6:42 pm

Tell me about it, two clowns.

Danceswithtruth January 15, 2014 at 2:01 pm

The hypocrisy of liberals/progressives never cease to amaze me. It would be funny if it weren’t so darned damaging to our great nation.

Were this a Republican President uttering these words I guarantee they would be crying foul and calling for impeachment.

I don’t care if the President who utters such nonsense is Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, or an undefined political party; this type of talk, coupled with action, rob us of our freedoms.

If this type of behavior is allowed to occur unchecked it will set a precedent; one that I fear will usher in some very unflattering intended or unintended consequences.

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 3:00 pm

No president in the history of this Country has ever publicly announced that he will bypass the congress.
This one has done it repeatedly.

Danceswithtruth January 15, 2014 at 3:19 pm

I hear that, AFVet. It’s almost like he’s testing the waters to see if he really can get away with it. So far, the water is clear. It’s sickening.

Lizzy January 15, 2014 at 4:48 pm

Makes him feel manly.

Girly1 January 15, 2014 at 5:09 pm

Whe he is hispandering, he tells his audiences that he really wishes he could bypass Congress and give them amnesty, but “there is something called the Constitution”.
He uses the Constitution as an excuse when it’s convenient in pacifying the impatient illegals.
But when he needs them to win an election, he just waves a magic wand and…. voila – instant amnesty for Dreamers.

@NDAA2012 January 15, 2014 at 2:07 pm

They’ve destroyed our Bill of Rights, I guess they’re not done yet. #OATH not #NDAA

Car in January 15, 2014 at 2:08 pm

Such an assembly of words put together completely devoid of meaning. Agree 100% that a “unified” mission (outside of our security) doesn’t exist in the US. Commies talk like that with their 5 year plans.

What is the purpose of the word “but” in that paragraph? It doesn’t make sense.

AND if you do? But if you don’t work hard? it doesn’t make sense. The whole thing is gobbledygook.

Aileen January 15, 2014 at 2:28 pm

You are correct. It is doublespeak.

Star January 15, 2014 at 2:42 pm

Keyword salad.

Susan January 15, 2014 at 2:15 pm

Bravo, Keith. It is truly frightening what is happening to this country. I feel like we’re being held hostage and forced to watch as everything generations of Americans fought and died for is being ripped apart piece by piece. America was once the beacon of light for freedom and liberty, and soon we’ll be reduced to indentured servitude to a centralized leviathan that controls every aspect of our lives from birth to death. Where are the patriots who will stop this madness? Certainly not in Washington, D.C. The feckless GOP didn’t even respond to these words of a dictator. They see it as business as usual as they revive Boehner’s stale campaign meme of “where’s the jobs?” for the 2014 mid-term elections. Wake up, GOP. The jobs are being devoured by the federal leviathan.

Star January 15, 2014 at 2:39 pm

Thanks for printing his enumerated powers. Very good. This man is turning into Godzilla stomping tall buildings. I guess the courts? If Congress won’t push back. I dunno. How do you MAKE a country a place where if you work hard, you get rich? It doesn’t work that way–many gradations in between.

Star January 15, 2014 at 2:43 pm

I feel like asking him, “But what if we can’t make the state dept or government buy up our books–how will we get ours?”

veritaseequitas January 15, 2014 at 2:48 pm

What a bunch of empty headed drivel. He’s got a pen and a phone, but he’s got mush for brains so what good does the pen and the phone do him?
He hasn’t got a clue what America is about. Didn’t someone tout his magnificence as a Constitutional Law Professor? Must have been someone else they were thinking about.

Star January 15, 2014 at 3:08 pm

At best an associate prof or lecturer.

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 3:12 pm

He’s an arrogant bully with an armed force protecting him 24/7.
He has an agenda to destroy this Country and take her to her knees globally and economically.
He has three years to finish his demonic intentions, unless we stop him in 2014.

ChicagoDave January 15, 2014 at 3:35 pm

It is not that they won’t impeach him – it is politically impossible to impeach him at this time. The House of Representatives must first pass, by a simple majority of those present and voting, articles of impeachment. And to convict the accused, a two-thirds majority of the senators present is required. We couldn’t even do that with Clinton when Republicans had simple majorities in both chambers. The threshold is very high. What we can do is begin to pass legislation, bit by bit, that severely limits and curtails the abilities of the various departments that issue regulations. This will serve two purposes – stop the specific regulatory actions and highlight to the American people these unconstitutional activities. This is what Obama is referring to when he talks about the available tools.

Lee January 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Some where in the books there must be something we can do if
everyone is turning a blind eye to this. They all swear to uphold the Constituton. The are all there for checks and balance.
For example: Pretend: Long time ago before TV, Internet, Radio etc. What if a President of the past started to attack many people who did not agree with him. There wouldn’t be time to go though all this with the Reps. I hope I made my point. I am so upset, I am just typing a mile a min.

Lee January 15, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Thank you Keith. I stepped away from the computer and TV for just an hour or so, and come back to this.
I will print this, and show all my neighbors.
I cannot believe the Congress. I mentioned it on another thread. They have got to stop this!!! In America you can go live on your property in the middle of no where. As long as you pay your taxes, and obey the law, you do not hae to band with anyone.
What mission. Here in America I do not need to join anyone’s missionl.
As far as the jobs. People are loosing jobs because of this O Care, etc.
Here in America I have the right to not agree or like the Pres. much less join a mission. What is going on here. This information Keith noted should be posted on every TV station like Bad Hurricane reports are given. There are many people who do not even have internet, much les be able to dig for the news. The only help the children need is to bring proper discipline back in school. Period!!! You don’t do your work, your punished, or you do punishwork. That way you get an educatioln. That way you grow up and get a job.
Who is he rambling off on his Pen and his Phone. What is next? I have a drone and I have huge prison. Wake up America!
As anyone been paying attention to what other people say around the world about what we are allowing to happen? I try and pull up news from overseas, and never seem to find any comment of everything that has been going on. I wish again my fellow readers to have my dad and grandfathers still here. They are turning over in their grave.

Susan January 15, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I’m wondering if this edict to rule by executive fiat is the work of that weasel Podesta. No doubt he was hired by this regime to deal the final death blow to our republic. I remember after the beating progressives took in the 2010 mid-terms, the Center for American Progress came out with a paper, “The Power of the President – Recommendations to Advance Progressive Change.” It’s a blueprint for tyrannical demagogues. Glenn Beck brought this to light years ago. Now that time is running short to complete the transformation of America into a progressive paradise, Obama is implementing Podesta’s blueprint to seize power, without any respect or consideration for the oath of office he took to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”.

AFVet January 15, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Good point Susan.
Treason is a major charge.
I’m sure that the gutless pusses that inhabit the congressional halls have no idea what that means.
They are afraid of the ramifications of taking this guy to task because he is black.
That tells me that we need better representatives.
The ones that we have do not fill the bill.

bitterclinger January 15, 2014 at 4:08 pm

How would he know who his Cabinet members are? He hasn’t seen them in years.

The fact that our GUTLESS WONDERS in Congress won’t remove him from office (impeachment doesn’t remove him – it’s just a black mark on his record) tells me that Zero and his Bat-Faced Henchwoman learned their lessons from the Clintons well. Barry and Valerie have got to have scads of personal, damning info on every member of Congress.

Star January 15, 2014 at 4:42 pm

I agree-what good does impeachment do besides making me put out my other eye bec of the coverage and paperwork.

Lizzy January 15, 2014 at 4:51 pm

Time to hang the flag upside down cause we are in distress big time.

Marie January 15, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Something to note here is the word he used. He said ‘unify’, NOT ‘unite’. They are subtly yet importantly different. “Unite” implies different things coming together yet retaining their different-ness.
“Unify” implies making different things into one amalgamated thing, where the parts are no longer distinguishable from each other.
A salad is ‘united’ vegetables, but a smoothie is ‘unified’ vegetables.
The progressive left has always been seeking to bring Americans down to the same low level in order to more easily rule over the citizens. They want an American smoothie, not a salad.

Lee January 15, 2014 at 5:51 pm

Our parents did not teach us to grow up like everyone else. Can you imagine raising a bunch of children who all acted exactly alike? That would be a very boring playtime.
Can you imagine how boring this thread would be if everyone thought exactly alike, all the time?

gracepmc January 15, 2014 at 8:19 pm

I don’t think was the auto ObamaPen but perhaps a phone call from the Executive Obamaphone — the ObamaCare LAW of the Land regarding the date for pre existing conditions has been changed again. Jan 1, January 31 and today — it has been tele-decreed that the enrollment date is now March 15.

Because he can folks. Because he can.

L. L. Dom January 15, 2014 at 8:39 pm

A good deal of the problem is that laws are passed, signed, and then turned over to unelected bureaucrats to administer (President even gets involved in this phase of administration/enforcement) and Congress does NOTHING to mitigate or stop the damage that can be done by the unelected bureaucrats.

Nina Murphy January 15, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Maybe all of his blather about “pen and phone” will have all of the impact of his red lines… They certainly shifted, didn’t they?

apr_47 January 15, 2014 at 11:46 pm

And then you have his advocates in the news media and among voters. I wonder if there are any members of Congress who have enough courage, decisiveness and daring to challenge with others what this man is trying to do to our country. I wouldn’t be surprised that one of them would be the amnesty of all illegals. And from there we can go on….

PBB January 16, 2014 at 12:00 am

I would love to see the Republicans boycott The State of The Union speech. The mainstream media would have no choice but show the empty seats.

The person who needs defeating in his 2014 reelection race is John Boehner. He is just as bad as Reid and Pelosi.