White House Muzzling All Who Worked on Healthcare.gov

by Keith Koffler on November 23, 2013, 11:03 am

The Obama administration “has requested that all government officials and contractors involved (in the development of the website) keep their work confidential,” according to the New York Times, in what appears to be at least in part – and perhaps in whole – an effort to minimize the release of information about the development of the catastrophe known as Healthcare.gov.

A New York Times piece running today mentions the information blackout in explaining why sources for the story, which details the incompetent development of the website, would not allow their names to be used.

The story puts on gory display a administration that failed spectacularly both in the planning and implementation of the website project.

The government had huge ambitions which could not possibly be realized in the time alotted:

The prime contractor, CGI Federal, had long before concluded that the administration was blindly enamored of an unrealistic goal: creating a cutting-edge website that would use the latest technologies to dazzle consumers with its many features. Knowing how long it would take to complete and test the software, the company’s officials and other vendors believed that it was impossible to open a fully functioning exchange on Oct. 1.

Government officials, on the other hand, insisted that Oct. 1 was not negotiable. And they were fed up with what they saw as CGI’s pattern of excuses for missed deadlines . . .

The online exchange was crippled, people involved with building it said in recent interviews, because of a huge gap between the administration’s grand hopes and the practicalities of building a website that could function on opening day.

President Obama failed to delegate authority to anyone who could exercise full control over the operation. And far from being unaware of what was going on, White House aides were constantly sticking their noses in:

Over the past three years five different lower-level managers held posts overseeing the development of HealthCare.gov, none of whom had the kind of authority to reach across the administration to ensure the project stayed on schedule.

As a result, the president’s signature initiative was effectively left under the day-to-day management of Henry Chao, a 19-year veteran of the Medicare agency with little clout and no formal background in software engineering.

Mr. Chao had to consult with senior department officials and the White House, and was unable to make many decisions on his own. “Nothing was decided without a conversation there,” said one agency official involved in the project, referring to the constant White House demands for oversight.

CGI and other contractors complained of endlessly shifting requirements and a government decision-making process so cumbersome that it took weeks to resolve elementary questions, such as determining whether users should be required to provide Social Security numbers. Some CGI software engineers ultimately walked out, saying it was impossible to produce good work under such conditions.

A pattern of ever-shifting requirements persisted throughout the project, including the administration’s decision late last year to try to redesign the site’s appearance and content to make it more informative to consumers, according to many specialists involved.

Incredibly, despite all signs to the contrary, Obama was expressing optimism until the last moment:

“This is real simple,” Mr. Obama said, during a speech in Maryland on Sept. 26. “It’s a website where you can compare and purchase affordable health insurance plans side by side the same way you shop for a plane ticket on Kayak, same way you shop for a TV on Amazon. You just go on, and you start looking, and here are all the options.”

A waste of taxpayer money, an exercise in incompetence, and a failure that has harmed many Americans. And the White House wants you to know as little about it as possible.

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

Star November 23, 2013 at 11:20 am

Sure, close the barn doors–we already see they knew all this. I guess to people who have never laid eyes on an EOB or called an insurance phone tree, or tried to get approval for an operation, none of this is real or even matters much.

Star November 23, 2013 at 12:07 pm

Great news! Babs WaWa is interviewing the First Couple on the day after T-day. Try not to eat first.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Where from? Surely they’re not hanging around their “nice prison” for the long weekend ?

Girly1 November 23, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m wondering the same thing. Where from? Ed Henry let the cat out of the bag about Christmas – it’s Hawaii. But no word about Thanksgiving.

I remember the last Babs interview at the WH just after the mid-term massacre two years ago. What a doozy that was! Mooch said she slept right thru the election results cuz she had to get up early to exercise. And her husband sloughed it off by saying it’s no big deal – everybody loses seats at mid-terms. ZZZZZ.

Star November 23, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Maybe it was pre-recorded, don’t know. And he talks about losing seats at mid-terms again, I heard.

Star November 23, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Here’s a stunner–sleeveless print dress.

Lizzy November 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Well of course how will we lowly women have anything to aspire to without the goal of those big
guns. I’d rather be in a binder thank you very much.
I do wonder where they will go for Turkey Day?
Must escape that dreadful prison they’ve ruined
for the last 4 plus years. Of course we’ve got to
get ready for Michelle’s faux really tacky tree extravaganza!

RachelMcCarter221 November 24, 2013 at 12:25 am

Im making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do,…JUMP85.COM

Star November 24, 2013 at 10:24 am

Aw shuddy.

aunty M November 24, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Keith, are you now letting people advertise
here??????

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 2:40 pm

My husband and I call her Baba Wawa. Grace would get that.

ImNoDhimmi November 23, 2013 at 5:29 pm

Actually, despite her left-wing leanings, I admire Walters. She worked her way into an incredibly succesful career previously open only to men, despite having a speech impediment. She was able to conduct interviews with some of the most famous people in the world, people who had refused interviews with anyone before, like Castro. She’s one of a kind.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 10:45 pm

I admire her, too. She blazed trails down which many women of all sides of the debate have more easily trod.

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 5:30 pm

Indeed. And she should have hung it up long ago. Accomplished so much and managed to trash it.

I would hang by my toes from the edge of the Grand Canyon before I watched that interview.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 6:11 pm

Oh yes, h/t to Gilda Radnor, the best Baba Wawa ever :D

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 7:35 pm

Baba also means granny in several Slavic languages.

Star November 24, 2013 at 10:26 am

She also used to be a reporter.

Kem Cho November 24, 2013 at 1:44 pm

What Oprah was not available?

Inez Nguyen November 25, 2013 at 9:31 am

Brody. if you think Doris`s bl0g is good… last tuesday I bought a new Toyota since I been making $5564 this last five weeks and-a little over, ten k last-munth. without a question it is the best-work Ive ever done. I began this four months/ago and almost straight away was earning at least $80.. per hour. I went to this web-site… F­­B­3­9­.­ℭ­O­­Ⅿ

OldTimer November 23, 2013 at 11:20 am

If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there’d be a shortage of sand…..Milton Friedman

If you put the federal government in charge of the healthcare system……..you finish it

cincycinco November 23, 2013 at 11:53 am

“If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it’s free.” – P.J. O’Rourke

Star November 23, 2013 at 11:21 am

PS You must be JOKING about cutting edge–the best than can come up with is that hideous 1950s clip art of ethnic groups grinning at each other?

lc southern November 23, 2013 at 11:31 am

To late now.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 11:39 am

It’s not the crime, it’s the coverup is again soooooo true. FastnFurious, Benghazi, Solyndra, etc, etc …. you know the rest of those fake scandals :D

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 11:42 am

But let’s mention them: IRS, James Rosen et al., NSA spying.

cincycinco November 23, 2013 at 1:33 pm

…Waging war without Congressional approval, drone strikes that violate International law (Amnesty International’s words, not mine), allowing vote supression without investigation, illegally passing laws, illegally modifying laws without Congress being addressed, stonewalling on all of the foregoing, using Federal agecies in furtherance of political goals…

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 2:37 pm

I’m not the biggest fan of drones, but if they allow us to take out the bad guys without endangering our men, I can’t argue much against them. Well, except for the dead civilians. But, hey. I’d rather have their dead civilians than our dead men.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 2:37 pm

Gosh, that sounds callous.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I think you were going for “having an adult in charge of such a program…” which I agree with :D

cincycinco November 23, 2013 at 3:08 pm

“I’m not the biggest fan of drones, but if they allow us to take out the bad guys without endangering our men, I can’t argue much against them. ” – Mandy Manners

I’m NO fan of terrorists, but if you try to use the Devil’s tools in his despite, are you really that different from him?

Barack Obama should not be allowed a burnt-out match to play with, let alone complete and sole authority of who lives and who dies worldwide. In fact, NO man is worthy of such authority.

I am not a fan of Lenord Pitts, but he DOES make sense on this subject, as you can see below;

“Barack Obama came to office decrying just this sort of Bush-league overreach, the end-justifies-the-means rationalizations of an administration that reserved the right to imprison without trial and issued memos contemplating the legality of scalding a prisoner with water or putting his eyes out. Of course, Michael Corleone was critical of the Don, too, until he assumed that power.

So it was welcome to hear the president pledge greater transparency, in last week’s State of the Union address. And administration officials say they have been pondering ways to create independent oversight of the counterterrorism program.

But it is time to stop pledging and pondering and just do. The idea of a secret killing program, answerable to no one, is jarringly inconsonant with who and what we are supposed to be. One fears that, in the name of expedience, we will become what we abhor. Indeed, the danger is imminent.

Whatever that means.”

Always remember that absolute power corrupts absolutely. There IS a place for drones in modern warfare, but that place should NEVER be at the sole authority of one man, be he Obama or any other.

Bear in mind that there ARE Democrats who call the Tea Party “terrorist”. Is it really a great leap from THERE to a surgical strike on U.S. Citizens on U.S. soil for no other reason than they endanger Obama’s political career? I wish I could say NO, but think about it…

NO man can be trusted alone with that much authority.

NO man.

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

Congress has already requested that people from the WH testify, but they have dragged their feet. I think it will have to subpoena them.

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 11:41 am

So we have WH meeting with WH approved media for dissemination of news /propaganda. We have WH photographer pictures only /more propaganda. And now we have crackdown on dissemination of information of Obamacare behind the scenes. Tyranny and corruption and coercion.

And no one stands up

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 11:44 am

There is a rumor, just a rumor mind you, that the Republicans are mulling how to go about attacking Obama’s disregard of the Constitution.

Girly1 November 23, 2013 at 12:53 pm

I’ts simple, Julie: IMPEACH AND CONVICT !!!

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 2:42 pm

You need Republican majorities for that. Maybe 2014.

Girly1 November 23, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Yes. George Will made an interesting point. With the nuclear option in place it would only take 51 votes in the Senate. Be still my heart!

AZ Granny November 23, 2013 at 5:48 pm

I suspect the Dems will repeal the nuclear option before a Republican president takes office.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Probably just floating the idea to see who wakes up with a horse’s head ;)

There’s definitely a lot of UNconstitional going on in this administration, and lying to the people should trump lying to a federal officer (Martha Stewart) or a booty call (Clinton).

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 2:43 pm

: – D

CiscoKid November 23, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Yes gracepmc, no one standing up. Very dangerous time.

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 12:38 pm

They are being threatened.
These people are thugs.
Julie,…why has it taken this long ?
I realize that congress was designed to be deliberate but enough is enough.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 1:03 pm

If we want a bloodless revolution I think it’s time We The People put pressure on our elected representatives to start Impeachment. I think the boldface lie about keeping your insurance plan and doctor is a good start ….. we now know he knew all along it wasn’t true.

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 2:27 pm

You can put all the pressure you want to ‘force’ our representatives to do whatever.
We can’t really ‘force’ them to do anything.
A spine is the first requirement to carry out your wishes.
Keep track of them, and if you don’t agree with them, vote them out of office.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 3:15 pm

It’s why the tea party is hated by both parties and must be destroyed before they kill the Uni-Party :D

Sadie November 23, 2013 at 11:42 am

The ‘coolest-hippest-tech savvy’ administration evah essentially devolved into eight-track users. C’mon Mr. Obama, sing me some more old school Al Green.

cincycinco November 24, 2013 at 8:34 am

I don’t know that he can. Certainly not THIS one, anyway;

“When you have troubles don’t cry
Just remember that God is standing by
Thank you, Lord” – Al Green, “God is Standing By”.

Obama doesn’t like to think that there’s someone greater than himself. That’s why he deletes the Almighty every chance he gets, even when quoting Abraham Lincoln…he even considers his co-conspirator in the destruction of America, A!!ah, to be a partner, NOT a superior…

Mr. Green does a LOT of spirtual music that would be completely wasted on Obama. THIS one has some good advice for Obamacare that he’d also ignore;
“Back up train
(Back up train)
But ease the pain
(Ease the pain)
Take me to my baby
(Take me to my baby)
Oh, I’m going insane

So, Mister conductor
(Turn this train around)
{ From: http://www.elyrics.net }
All you gotta do now
(Turn this train around)” – Al Green, “Back Up Train”

, but THAT’S not too likely.

The only possible Al Green song I can see for Obama would be THIS one, sung into a mirror;

“Such joy and happiness you bring
Such joy and happiness you bring
Like a dream you’re everything, I I hoped for
You’re everything that I need

And you are so beautiful
You are just beautiful to me
You are beautiful to me
You are so beautiful
You are so beautiful
You are beautiful to me

You’re everything, I hoped for
You’re everything that I need
You are how to explain, that
You are beautiful to me” – Al Green, “You Are So Beautiful”

(All lyrics http://www.elyrics.net/song/a/al-green-lyrics.html )

THAT one, I can see. Other than THAT, he’s more of a Jay-Z fan…

“I represent the lifestyle of those who thirst cream
A buck fifty a shot, Louis the Thirteenth
Jay-Z, Roc-A-Fella yo, know the name
I ain’t a player get it right, I’m controllin the game
From now until they blow holes in my frame
I’ma stand firm, holdin my aim, feel me?
I’m the focal, point like Biggie in his prime
On the low though – shhhhh, the city is mine!” – Jay-Z, “The City is Mine”

(This is the ONLY part that’s printable. The rest of the thing is much, much worse…)

Yup, both the song AND the sentiment are more Obama’s speed. And OT, I’m EVER so happy our Prezzy hangs out with a guy that thinks like this in the supersecret Situation Room!

Anyway, no Al Green. Actually, I think the only “music” Obama REALLY cares for is the sound of his own voice…

cincycinco November 24, 2013 at 8:35 am

I don’t know that he can. Certainly not THIS one, anyway;

“When you have troubles don’t cry
Just remember that God is standing by
Thank you, Lord” – Al Green, “God is Standing By”.

“Back up train
(Back up train)
But ease the pain
(Ease the pain)
Take me to my baby
(Take me to my baby)
Oh, I’m going insane

So, Mister conductor
(Turn this train around)
All you gotta do now
(Turn this train around)” – Al Green, “Back Up Train”

, but THAT’S not too likely.

“Such joy and happiness you bring
Such joy and happiness you bring
Like a dream you’re everything, I I hoped for
You’re everything that I need

And you are so beautiful
You are just beautiful to me
You are beautiful to me
You are so beautiful
You are so beautiful
You are beautiful to me

You’re everything, I hoped for
You’re everything that I need
You are how to explain, that
You are beautiful to me” – Al Green, “You Are So Beautiful”

(All lyrics http://www.elyrics.net/song/a/al-green-lyrics.html )

THAT one, I can see. Other than THAT, he’s more of a Jay-Z fan…

“I represent the lifestyle of those who thirst cream
A buck fifty a shot, Louis the Thirteenth
Jay-Z, Roc-A-Fella yo, know the name
I ain’t a player get it right, I’m controllin the game
From now until they blow holes in my frame
I’ma stand firm, holdin my aim, feel me?
I’m the focal, point like Biggie in his prime
On the low though – shhhhh, the city is mine!” – Jay-Z, “The City is Mine”

Star November 24, 2013 at 10:32 am

…arg, lyrics.

Marcus November 23, 2013 at 11:45 am

The NYT piece confirms the impression most of us have of the current White House. Political zealots crashing into walls, pushing people around, screaming at one another, turf wars, balkanization of projects, overrun with incompetent people, secret agendas, human bumper cars crashing into one another, paranoia run amuck, a frenzy of madness hanging in the air, toxic ambitions and white hot temper tantrums lighting up the air around every one there.

Star November 23, 2013 at 11:49 am

And while they are doing all this, real-life people are heading into the holidays, scared, their stomachs pitted out, insurance every third thought or so, fear, dread, anger. Good looking out, admin!

Marcus November 23, 2013 at 5:05 pm

True. Even those who once thought the Obama crew was “looking out for them” now have to face the obvious: they aren’t. Not in the least. It is, as Hillary might point out, all about the fight.

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 11:50 am

Maybe we should just call terminix and tent the place.

AZ Granny November 23, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Excellent idea.

Marcus November 23, 2013 at 5:09 pm

Perfect! Obama’s EPA might not allow it, but for the good of the nation, we must. I’ve often said that Tyrants always (always, always, always) sow the seeds of their own destruction. The sad aspect is how many of us have to suffer before the tyrants leave the scene.

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 12:43 pm

cincycinco November 24, 2013 at 8:39 am

AFVet – “The Trojan horse has arrived in the capital of this Country and Obama has been riding it for 5 years.”

Seems like I remember something applicable here. I can only think of the end now. Something that needs to be said to Obama. How did it go? It ends with “…and the horse you rode in on!”

Oh well, it’ll come to me…

Star November 24, 2013 at 10:35 am

…the horse you rode inside of.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 1:10 pm

The incompetence of this administration would be laughable if it weren’t hurting so many innocent Americans who have played by the rules (paying taxes, mortgages, providing health insurance for their families, being punished for their success while others get rewarded for their failures).

Was there a CEO of a big company quoted as saying he wouldn’t hire anybody in this administration after attending a WH meeting and dealing with Obama’s goofball staff? :D

srdem65 November 23, 2013 at 11:52 am

The cat’s out of the bag, the pudding has been proofed, et al. There’s no point to high-level secrecy on who or when, except if it reaches far into the inner circle of the WhiteHouse. Why else would they care that JoeSmith was responsible for this mess or that tangle when we’ve already seen and heard from previously unknown players in this drama.

Had the website performed perfectly with cutting-edge technology, the outcry and anguish of the now un-insured would still be echoing from coast to coast. The website is the least of the problems that this administration faces with this monster.
It’s enacting the law itself that will bring this all down.

Star November 23, 2013 at 11:59 am

I agree! The law is its own enemy. Even the subsidies won’t bring policies below what people had. I don’t know where the notion started that surely most people have an extra grand or two at the end of the month and can spend it betting they are getting sick or hurt. The docs won’t quit, they are bluffing–or we can just force them to work. Those “good” hospitals are too good for the likes of most of us. The old people are not useful economically and are going to die of something, so why bother…it’s a whole mindset. This is all so easy to say and legislate if (1) you are protected–you keep what you have, and (2) You are young with no physical wobbles. Those start around 45–and as far as I know, no one gets out of the scenario without something going wrong. The whole thing is so infuriating.

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 12:49 pm

You are seeing the Cloward and Piven philosophy in action.
Break the system, destroy it and then replace it.
Single payer,…here we come.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 1:23 pm

well said as always srdem and you made me think about something the media doesn’t seem to be “asking” (of course, protect The Lightbringer !)

Why on earth did Obama and HHS hire an incompetent tech crowd like CGI (their previous failures being well documented) and not one of his high profile and very competent buddies like Bill Gates, Zuckenbery or that guy from Amazon ?

I think I heard it from Donald Trump, anyone of those guys would have probably done it pro-bono as a gift to their country that made them so freaking wealthy in the first place.

Just wondering ….. hmmm.

srdem65 November 23, 2013 at 1:56 pm

MrsO’s former or current friend from college is an executive at this company. ?? “reward your friends” maybe.

IMO, they wanted a company they could control, not a powerhouse who would have insisted on procedures that would have made a decent website. The geeks would have insisted on total control and refused to tweak, change, hide whatever the WhiteHouse wanted.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 2:59 pm

You may be onto something. The website was designed to do more than any willing and ethical businessperson would agree too ?

But, why?

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 3:25 pm

IT WAS INTENTIONAL

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 3:40 pm

To achieve what end ? Yeah, that’s the money question ;)

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

CONTROL !
Control over the very fabric that we hold dear, our privacy, our medical records, our independence.
Paul Revere warned the people that the British were coming.
Well my friends, the British are here and living at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, WDC.
If you like tyrants, you must love the present occupants.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Thank you ! CONTROL is the word. I just can’t believe as a former liberal activist it was the very thing we protested for decades against THE MAN. Most recently GWB’s Patriot Act.

Where are they now? We still got the Patriot Act which has been double downed on by Obama and worse. Where is the outrage?

Sadie November 24, 2013 at 1:15 am

The precursor to the Patriot Act was the Omnibus Counter-Terrorism Act (1995).

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 7:33 pm

What we eat, what we do. I could just wring the scrawny neck of Michael Bloomberg, who thinks he can tell all of us what we can and can’t do because he is a billionaire.

Otis Driftwood November 23, 2013 at 7:56 pm

It all goes back to Accountability (which this Administration has none) and Transparency (which this Administration has turned upside down on it’s head and buried it in the sand). Had a feeling this would be coming, it’s just like everybody going to ground and musical chairs we saw with trying to find Benghazi survivors.

Kinda getting tired of the “same old song and dance” drom BO & company, and watching our representitives in Congress adding to the mess.

sportinlife10 November 23, 2013 at 12:28 pm

DiploMad, on the JFK anniversary:
“JFK, however, was the first modern “liberal” president. He was the father of the “liberalism” that now runs and ruins our country. His administration saw the melding of Hollywood and Washington, from the dishonest hack hagiographic PT 109 movie to the mixing it up with Sinatra, Lawford, and, of course, Monroe. It was the new liberal royalty. They had the pretty wives dressed by French designers. They had gone to the fancy schools, and earned the fancy degrees. They were true sophisticates who knew the world, and had a vision of a better one and a plan to lead us there. They looked so good, so smart, so educated, so photogenic, so, so . . . well, so unlike the stodgy, grey, and serious Eisenhower, Nixon, Dulles, etc. The journalists ate it up, protecting him and covering for his lies and deceptions. They, too, wanted to play with and be like the cool kids.

The current disaster we have in the White House is the child of the Kennedy era. He represents the rebirth of the demand for coolness and hipness as the primary qualifications for the most important job in the world. As was discovered by the abandoned Cuban freedom fighters on Playa Giron; by our veterans of Vietnam as well as by the people of South Vietnam; by our people in Benghazi; by our friends and allies around the world; and now by millions of ordinary Americans watching as their health insurance plans collapse and their jobs go away, there is a real world price to be paid for making hipness and coolness the requirements for the presidency. That is the legacy of JFK and the modern day liberals who so admire him. “

Star November 23, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Now this is JFK’s fault? He had a much more forceful foreign policy, even to the pt of edging us into Vietnam–and he was for lowering taxes…As for being cool and making coolness cool–well, it just was the way it was.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 1:30 pm

The Kennedys were already a powerful family with high powered celebrity and millionaire friends. We just learned about them after JFK was elected.

In Obama’s case, quite the opposite. He used celebrities and other elites in his big Pay for Play scam. Raised lots of money that way, he won, now he’s paying everyone back with our money. I know most politicians play that game too, but not so abusively as BO does :(

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 2:51 pm

LOL. The WaPo ran an op-ed by some nutty professor yesterday or the day before in which he claimed the roots of the Tea Party lie in the Kennedy assassination. “Extreme violence.” I’m not a member of the Tea Party but I know of not one incidence of violence perpetrated by it. Too bad it can’t sue him for libel.

Susan November 23, 2013 at 2:59 pm

JFK was killed by Lee Harvey Oswald, a card carrying communist of the Soviet persuasion. State-run media has a hard time accepting the truth that one of their own assassinated the President of the United States, so they attempt to twist history to fit their agenda.

srdem65 November 23, 2013 at 4:06 pm

So true.

Marcus November 23, 2013 at 5:19 pm

For the Obama/radical liberal cabal, even the slightest criticism of their efforts to enslave us is considered “violent”. Dat’s who they are.:+} But, of course you are correct. There is no violence from the current Tea Party. They chose to forget that the Tea Party arose during the Bush administration, as a reaction to overspending and an out of control budget process.

Girly1 November 23, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Et tu, NY Times? A blistering indictment of all involved! But there’s no escaping it – Obama knew about it and he lied…again! Ted Cruz must be enjoying every minute of this debacle.

If the GOP doesn’t awaken from their coma and start the ball rolling on removing Preezy Bystander from his corrupt and derelict ways, I give up. The worst is yet to come. Case in point: the nuclear option and Ms. Sillybus:

The nuclear option makes it easier for Obama to get his IPAB nominees but it does not make it easier for Obama to USE the IPAB (Indpendent Panel Advisory Board) of UNelected gov’t officials, but it does explain why he may bypass the appointments and any legal challenges. It also explains why he will not fire Ms. Sillybus. She would end up wielding ALL of the power if there are no appointments.

“The PPACA provides that if the president fails to nominate anyone to sit on this panel, or if the Senate fails to confirm anyone, then all of IPAB’s powers fall into the hands of.Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius. Obama doesn’t need to nominate anyone to IPAB. He can exercise more control over that super-legislature, with less political risk, by not nominating anyone and letting Sebelius act as a super-legislature unto herself.”

Owen_Kellogg November 23, 2013 at 12:50 pm

President Obama failed to delegate authority to anyone who could exercise full control over the operation. . . .

Such a step would require a person who possesses leadership ability. And as we already know, Obama completely lacks such ability.

Instead of making a plan and sticking to it, the White House made it up as it went along: . . .

This is a perfect exhibit of what happens when the reins of power are turned over to those who have never been accountable for running anything in their entire lives.

Girly1 November 23, 2013 at 12:58 pm

Exactly, Owen. But is there anyone over the age of 12 who would have allowed this disaster to go forward given what they ALL knew? Has anyone given Obama a simple competency test? Geez.

Elaine November 23, 2013 at 1:06 pm

The federal government has been unaccountable to anyone except itself for decades. Obama’s administration has simply shed the light on this fact.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 1:35 pm

Super giant klieg lights for sure. :D

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I know where I’d like to stick one of those Kliegs.

Julie Brueckheimer November 23, 2013 at 4:20 pm

“Where the sun don’t shine”?

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 10:46 pm

And the wind don’t blow.

cincycinco November 24, 2013 at 8:42 am

Mandy Manners – “I know where I’d like to stick one of those Kliegs.”

Julie Brueckheimer – ““Where the sun don’t shine”?”

Mandy Manners – “And the wind don’t blow.”

But the wind blows there every time Obama makes a speech, have you not heard it? Although I realize most “folks” can’t listen very long…

techie November 23, 2013 at 4:49 pm

Nobody in charge, no delegation of authority, no program management skills, continuously changing specifications, driven by a political agenda with a fixed schedule.
How could it go wrong?
“And if it does, we’ll blame the contractor”

Elaine November 23, 2013 at 1:05 pm

One of the most diabolical of Obama’s lies is that his administration would be the most transparent in history.

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Totally OT — everytime I see one of the two bobsey twins obamobots — one red head, one Blonde – at State communications office I just want to spit. These are vacuous political wanna be hacks who probably could not find the US on a world map.

Susan November 23, 2013 at 1:53 pm

No amount of opaqueness or obfuscation by the regime and their lackeys in state-run media can turn back the hands of time. Preezy has been exposed as a liar. He has lost the trust of the American people, and that can never be regained.

AFVet November 23, 2013 at 3:44 pm

Yes,…but do not make the mistake of voicing your opinion.
You could be labeled as a racist and targeted along with the rest of your family.

I don’t think that Preezy cares what we call him or for that matter what we think of him.
He is on a mission, and it is our duty to dismantle it.

Marcus November 23, 2013 at 9:37 pm

For those who haven’t yet lost trust in O, just wait until the hackers really begin drilling deeply into the personal data compiled by the Obama Identity Theft Health Care Fiasco. It will be the biggest identity theft crime in American history. And Obama’s name will be all over it.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 1:55 pm

He’s muzzled those who were in Benghazi, both diplomatic security agents and the CIA. He’s muzzled the Secret Service after an agent pulled the pin, ran for office and wrote a book about him. And, now he’s trying to muzzle geeks and mid-level managers.

I wish there were a Snowden in this latest group.

rawheadrex November 23, 2013 at 2:05 pm

Apparently the most transparent government in history has abandoned hope and has changed to opacity.

Darkangel November 23, 2013 at 2:33 pm

Semi-OT: For those of you who aren’t following the “Hunger Games” trilogy: see the first chapter if you haven’t already, and then RUN–don’t walk–to your multiplex this weekend and catch the latest chapter.

I don’t know if this is art imitating life, or the other way around, but it’s definitely worth your time this weekend.

A thought: Obama’s poll numbers are tanking just as a dystopian, anti-authoritarian film hits the silver screen: Somebody Up There seems to have a sly sense of humor.

Susan November 23, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Our young niece made a reference to how great Hunger Games was the last holiday we visited, and I had no clue what she was talking about. I’ll have to pick her brain when the family gets together for Thanksgiving next Thursday.

DMcG November 23, 2013 at 4:05 pm

When I first read the Hunger Games trilogy I was convinced the author was using it as a comment on the direction of politics in the US. Clearly Panem is what became of the US after the next revolution, when the tyrants win and subjugate the rest of us. And if that series isn’t enough to convince you of the virtues of limited government, I don’t know what would be.

Danceswithtruth November 24, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I have read all three of the books and just saw the second movie this weekend. My 15 year-old daughter insisted months ago. Actually, this movie was better than the first. They are deserving of some awards for sure. Anti-authority? You ‘betcha. Hope it is inspiring to more.

DMcG November 23, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Keep an eye on these people. They may start disappearing.

DeniseVB November 23, 2013 at 6:51 pm
SquirrelHill November 23, 2013 at 7:06 pm

Obama has no legal authority to enforce his order for them to keep quiet, unless it was already in the contract that they signed before they built the website. This list keeps growing and growing and growing! Obama supporters will go hysterical over this well sourced list of 446 examples of his lying, lawbreaking, corruption, cronyism, etc. http://danfromsquirrelhill.wordpress.com/2013/08/15/obama-252/

apr_47 November 23, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Can we get a tally of the cost of all these failures?
For example, the loss for all these give-aways since he took office and then the cost of building this website. We find out that our government will not get back all the money it poured into GM. Then another failure for another enterprise where it poured money.
It’s easy to spend money that it’s not yours, Mr. President. Most of us work and pay taxes to run this government and we don’t like to see spendthrift jackasses throwing away money. On top of this mess, he’s not abandoning Afghanistan and will support its corrupt govt.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 9:02 pm

I don’t see this in the NYT article.

Caught flat-footed by the challenges of building the financial-management and accounting parts of the U.S. government’s new online marketplace for health insurance, officials rushed to hire a familiar contractor without seeking competing bids, according to government procurement documents reviewed by Reuters.

The documents dated in August – less than two months before the opening of online marketplaces established by President Barack Obama’s landmark healthcare law – showed the agency in charge had only “recently learned” that building the financial management functions was “beyond (its) currently available resources.”

SNIP

Although the consumer-facing part of the marketplace, the HealthCare.gov website, opened for enrollments on Oct. 1, CMS had a goal of Jan. 1, 2014 for the financial components of the system to be operational.

SNIP

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 9:37 pm

If I had a spare million or five, I’d offer a few key people money to spill their guts.

srdem65 November 23, 2013 at 9:52 pm

Depending on how bad the Dec 1 rollout happens, the companies involved in this site building will do everything they can to salvage their business reputations. They won’t need any bribes.

The “good will” that these companies rely on for future business will depend on them pointing fingers of blame where it belongs, or where they think it belongs.
We’ve seen it for years; everything that MrObama touches or endorses fails, dies, or just gets too messed up to fix. This is no exception; the website companies could see a bankruptcy in their future.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 10:31 pm

I’m talking about the civilian employees, not the owners of the businesses. Any kind of muzzle the government wants to put on the companies can extend to the employees if they want to stay with that company, or go with a company that competes for federal contracts.

I’m also talking about the federal workers who’ve been toiling in this garden of thorns, who don’t want to screw up their pensions and benefits.

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 11:24 pm

The boy emperor and his traitorous secy of state screw Israel. Judith Miller applauds.

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 11:51 pm

Link?

gracepmc November 23, 2013 at 11:59 pm

Was listening to Fox and Judith Miller’s positive commentary on the Iran deal. I said Israel screwed not Judith. Obamacare, Senate nuclear option off Sunday news –. Right now America is just plain lucky – God must be watching out for us. Our boy emperor looking out for himself.

Mandy Manners November 24, 2013 at 12:21 am

God must be watching out for us. Our boy emperor looking out for himself.

Uh, God’s got a lot more real estate to worry about.

What about the rape and slavery in the Congo?

Mr. T. November 23, 2013 at 11:27 pm

I know it’s off topic, but is anyone else enjoying tonight’s episode of “Saturday Night Squirrel” – aka, the Iran nukes deal??

Mandy Manners November 23, 2013 at 11:50 pm

Oh, yeah. I enjoy any time the specter of nuking millions of Jews and Arabs–and the next step of nuking millions of Persians–is raised.

Mr. T. November 24, 2013 at 12:06 am

I knew it wouldn’t take long for them to change the subject…gracepmc summed it up in the post above.

We’re doomed…and many others.

Girly1 November 24, 2013 at 12:15 am

Arrived home just in time to see Obama walking into the East Room or wherever it was. UNbelieveable. 10:30 on a Sat. night! Gotta head off Obamacare on the Sunday AM shows!

Looks like a great deal…for Iran. They get to keep enriching uranium while we lift sanctions. Obama is full of beans when he keeps repeating we can always ‘dial up the sanctions’ again. Does he really think China and Russia will go along again? Haven’t heard from BIBi yet – but the mullahs did say just last week that Israel should be wiped off the map.

Julie Brueckheimer November 24, 2013 at 1:21 am

I like a comment I saw in The Washington Times. A reader asked, “Will John Kerry come back waving a piece of paper and claiming ‘peace in our time’?”

Sadie November 24, 2013 at 6:17 am

“We must do away with all newspapers. A revolution cannot be accomplished with freedom of the press.”

– Ernesto Lynch, aka the Butcher of La Cabaña, aka Che Guevara

PBB November 24, 2013 at 7:25 am

Am I the only who was reading the headline banner while the President was announcing the 6 month nuclear pause in Iran? I was expecting to read Israeli F-16′s just bombed multiple Iranian Nuclear sites. It would have been the perfect middle finger to the administration!

CiscoKid November 24, 2013 at 8:45 am

And when they do, the world will stand by and shake it’s head…bad bad Israelis, good good Iran and the religion of peace.
Obama and Kerry have abandoned Israel, but at least France may stand with them.

srdem65 November 24, 2013 at 8:54 am

This is confusing. We promise to give them @$3 billion dollars, ease the sanctions, and they promise not to blow anyone up for 6 months? Six month deal, right? After that………………….

CiscoKid November 24, 2013 at 9:01 am

Then another few billion dollars and more easing of sanctions, all for ” peace in our time “.

Julie Brueckheimer November 24, 2013 at 9:41 am

I don’t know what the US gets out of this at all except to pay out money. The Iranians get to build two nuclear power plants, one of which the Russians will be paid $11 billion to build.

Otis Driftwood November 24, 2013 at 3:15 pm

So with our giving Iran 3B, we just gave them a nice down payment to pass on to Russia for the Nuclear plant build. BO & Company at it again..

Danceswithtruth November 24, 2013 at 9:50 pm

They raise the “peace ceiling” again.

Girly1 November 24, 2013 at 9:02 am

“Nuclear option for me; but not for thee”. Oh, the irony!

Star November 24, 2013 at 10:33 am

…or for Iran.

Girly1 November 24, 2013 at 10:56 am

Yes…I was inferring it was Iran. Couldn’t fit it into the rhyme….

drjohn November 24, 2013 at 10:50 am

More of the most transparent administration in history

Wiggy November 24, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Zuckerberg defended Obama and the website debacle on ABC. What a fraud! Facebook would be out of business if their site functioned like healthcare.gov.

Langley Spook November 24, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Here is a “STOOPID QUESTION”…

Is there a “SPECIAL COMMITTEE” from the US Senate or US House looking into “Healthcare.gov”…???

-Just asking.

LJ Levesque November 24, 2013 at 7:53 pm

Why would anyone think that the Gov’t could impliment a working site for Obama care when the current Gov’t sites are not user friendly and a lot of times do not work.

Office January 4, 2014 at 12:08 am

I have read so many articles about the blogger lovers however this paragraph
is in fact a good paragraph, keep it up.

visit here January 24, 2014 at 1:06 pm

I savour, cause I discovered just what I used to
be taking a look for. You have ended my four day lengthy hunt!
God Bless you man. Have a nice day. Bye

Canada Goose Womens Trillium Parka Puffer Coats February 9, 2014 at 10:25 am

Hollywood star Will Smith is reportedly not returning to the sequel of his hit sci-fi film ‘Independence Day’. It is rumoured that the 45-year-old actor will not be reprising his role as Captain Steven Hiller in the sequel that has been titled ‘ID Forever

Weight loss March 17, 2014 at 7:58 pm

Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and
wanted to say that I have truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
After all I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write
again soon!

More Assistance May 20, 2014 at 2:09 pm

Please let me know if you’re looking for a writer for your weblog. You have some really good posts and I feel I would be a good asset. If you ever want to take some of the load off, I’d absolutely love to write some content for your blog in exchange for a link back to mine. Please shoot me an e-mail if interested. Thank you!