OFA Raising Money Off the Obamacare Website Failure

by Keith Koffler on October 29, 2013, 8:30 am

President Obama’s political arm, Organizing for Action, is using the uproar over the failed Obamacare website to raise money.

In a message to its vast email list, OFA notes the “debate” over Obamacare and alludes to criticism to the website, asking recipients to take a brief “Obamacare survey.”

The missive states:

In the midst of all of the debate around Obamacare, it’s easy to lose sight of what the law really does — and how millions of Americans are already seeing the benefits.

That’s why we want to hear directly from you about your health care experience.

This is super easy, and should only take a minute or two. Answer our short Obamacare survey today.

No matter what you hear from the talking heads, health care reform is much more than just a website.

A link takes the email recipient to the poll, a thoroughly unscientific five questions such as “How well would you say you understand Obamacare?” and “Do you currently have health insurance?” Once the poll is submitted – whether the questions are completed or not – the recipient is taken to what appears to be the real business at hand: a new page with a solicitation for $15-$1,000 or some “other amount.”

According to the email, OFA plans to spend “the next five months” promoting Obamacare and “making sure people have the facts.”

RickW October 29, 2013 at 8:37 am

“Facts”? WOW! They must be planning to alert people about a contract for hundreds of millions that was not bid, was awarded to a discredited contractor, a system that was not tested but contained pricing information that was suppressed intentionally………Wait……they are NOT going to mention those facts??????

Star October 29, 2013 at 11:40 am

We need to counter this garbage. I thought I heard Morning Joe call it the Forcible Health Care Act…even if I misheard, I am going to start calling it that.

RoBo October 29, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Greta called it the Amateur Care Act, though she may have been reading a statement from someone else.

Star October 29, 2013 at 12:27 pm

Forcible is more like Affordable…

Lizzy October 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm

Facts? You can’t offer something that doesn’t exist oh I guess they already did the ACA. Like buying a pig in a poke.

Langley Spook October 29, 2013 at 2:12 pm

(“Morning Joe” = that show has made me puke since 2008…)

Star October 29, 2013 at 5:43 pm

It has it moments–admittedly I have not watched it for six yrs.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 8:59 am

Is the address/donor verification system still disabled on the OFA slush fund site? The offshore banks must be bulging with Obama
‘retirement’ cash.

Elaine October 29, 2013 at 9:02 am

Not surprised at all.

Too bad the Democrats that voted for Obamacare didn’t have the facts. Of course, it wouldn’t made any difference if they did.

CiscoKid October 29, 2013 at 9:05 am

Do they ever stop putting ” the arm ” on people?

scottso October 29, 2013 at 9:07 am

OFA is correct.
healthcare reform IS much more than just a website.

it’s about individual liberty
it’s about gov’t tyrany.

Knothead the Not Nabob October 29, 2013 at 9:18 am

Haha, Their definition of facts are not the same as mine and yours.

Sadie October 29, 2013 at 9:56 am

The WH gift shop closed, but the official Bait n’ Switch Tackle shop is open for business 24/7/365.

Land sharks!

Star October 29, 2013 at 11:42 am

…candygram

Lizzy October 29, 2013 at 12:28 pm

SNL at it’s best:-)

Star October 29, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Still makes me laff. The old stuff. Is it a dessert topping or a floor wax? Don’t forget to tip your server.

Lizzy October 29, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Where’s the Church Lady when you need her?
‘We like ourselves don’t we?’

Mandy Manners October 29, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Where’s Tommy Flanagan?

Sadie October 29, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Where’s Nathan Thurm?

Mandy Manners October 29, 2013 at 1:01 pm

Bass-o-matic!

Lizzy October 29, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Schweedy Balls?

Mandy Manners October 29, 2013 at 1:42 pm

Happy Fun Ball!

Star October 29, 2013 at 1:49 pm

…Your big American….oh, you know.

Susan October 29, 2013 at 10:26 am

If they want the truth about the success of ‘Obamascare’, the regime should have asked Matt Walsh for his compilation of horror stories. Of course, the totalitarians don’t care about real people; they only care about propagating the Big Lie.

DeniseVB October 29, 2013 at 11:08 am

Great link ! I’ve been sharing and tweeted. Probably should get it out to the media and our reps.

I just read some highlights from today’s Ways and Means hearing and sounds like another futile kabuki theater show :(

srdem65 October 29, 2013 at 11:20 am

I agree, it’s turned into another partisan debate. The epitome of idiots rule was formed when MrRangel claimed that not a single Repub voted for Social Security. What? Social Security, really.

Well, how many have enrolled? is a question that eludes everyone. That can only mean one thing; less than 1,000 people, countrywide, have actually applied and been approved to purchase an insurance policy.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 11:32 am

Alaska shut their website down after only 3 people enrolled.

Sadie October 29, 2013 at 11:27 am

Denise: Here’s another tweet to get out.

While we’re all focused on lies and health care insurance, the administration and the EPA have been busy with the Second Amendment – they just outsourced it!

Back Door Gun Control Moves Forward

There are numerous alarming reasons why the US government and the military have been buying up all the ammo. Here’s one of them. Obama and the EPA just shut down the last lead smelting plant in the US. They raised the EPA regulations by 10 fold and it would have cost the plant $100 million to comply. You can own all the guns you want, but if you can’t get ammo, you are out of luck.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 11:34 am

The devli’s workshop never shuts down! This is HUGE!

AZ Granny October 29, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Thanks for that link! Good quote near the end of the article too:

“It’s as Chris Muir said, he’s not as worried about where the bullets will come from, as much as how the government will deliver them and I’m right there with him on that one”.

Lizzy October 29, 2013 at 12:34 pm

Well fortunately American’s are a resourceful lot and much to the Obama Reich’s dismay will not be kept from
their 2nd Amendment rights. They didn’t always have big
plants they will just make their own like the good old days.
Drive something underground and it creates a business like
Prohibition. I could use some bathtub gin:-)

Star October 29, 2013 at 12:39 pm

Little early for me…oh, what the heck!

Sadie October 29, 2013 at 3:11 pm

Lizzy, I acknowledge that American’s are resourcefull, BUT…they don’t have their own swat teams and drones and the dreaded EPA, who will swoop down at the first scent of melted lead like white on rice.

Star October 29, 2013 at 5:46 pm

My ex used to make his own ammunition–he had a dohickey to squash it into a bullet.

Michael October 29, 2013 at 11:01 am

Unfortunately for OFA and Obama, the people are just starting to get the facts, but are nowhere near done.

New bad news seems to surface every day, and it just gets worse and worse.

The crisis is validated by the desperate spinning being done by the WH and its allies.

srdem65 October 29, 2013 at 11:14 am

The OFA and BarackObama e-mails are brilliant modern advertising or social media tools for keeping a certain base inside their circle. The sending of e-mails costs nothing, no postage, paper costs, just hit the “send all” button. Even if the requests for donations fail, the actual purpose of making the recipient feel like a valued part of an organization is worth more than the money, because such feelings translate into votes.

The Repubs don’t have a clue of how invasive, how often these e-mails are sent. If they do know, then they don’t realize the impact they have on a single voter.
This is what happens:
When I receive an e-mail from Barack or Michelle, they address me by name and sometimes make reference to where I live. It has to be an incredible feeling to think that the POTUS “knows” me and cares about what I think.
The Repubs are still sending out their antique mailings that go directly from the mailbox into the trash, right along with the ads from the local car dealers.

We might ridicule or make light of these e-mails and their silly questions, but every LIV is thrilled to be remembered and must believe that “Barack or Michelle” really care.

Julie Brueckheimer October 29, 2013 at 11:22 am

I get e-mails from both the Democrats and the Republicans. Maybe that’s because I am a non-affiliated voter. Just yesterday I received an e-mail from Dem Senator Ron Wyden, calling me by name, which asked me to donate $14 to the reelection campaign of Dem. Jeff Merkley. And in the same day I received an e-mail from John McCain, also calling me by name, asking me to donate to the RNC. End of post: you don’t want to hear my editorial comments.

srdem65 October 29, 2013 at 12:37 pm

Lucky you. /s/ There aren’t al lot of Arizonans all that happy with the Senator.
For some reason, I get regular updates from SenRandPaul. The e-mails are interesting , sometimes informative, and an indication that he has big intentions for his future.
I’m assuming his people know I’m a registered Dem residing in Arizona,and not much use for any future he has in his state.

Star October 29, 2013 at 12:42 pm

Someone bought a pretty good email blast list…Good for him.

Julie Brueckheimer October 29, 2013 at 12:52 pm

Does his daughter Meghan work for Hooters? Just saw a tasteless photo of her on Breitbart where she claims poor dad is ‘frustrated’ and ‘depressed’ by the Tea Party. Boo-effing-hoo.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 1:05 pm

Hope he’s not serious about running again in 2016! He has no shame. He handed 2012 to Obama on a silver platter.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 1:07 pm

sorry – that’s 2010, not 2012

Star October 29, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I am in a McCain bash-a-thon? Count me out.

Julie Brueckheimer October 29, 2013 at 4:01 pm

2008 : – ))

AZ Granny October 29, 2013 at 5:19 pm

I don’t know if Meghan works at Hooters but I think she now has her own reality TV show.

Julie Brueckheimer October 29, 2013 at 11:15 am

I’m not overly worried about what OFA hopes to accomplish. The dam has broken on Obamacare, but now how to fix it? Someone is introducing a bill to protect the still remaining private insurance policies, but 1.5 million people have already lost their policies.

What I’m more concerned about than Obama is the subject of today’s quote of the day. One of your best, Keith, and the Republicans better start paying attention or they’re going to land the US in an even worse case presidency. Sorry I missed the comments ‘window’ and kudos to the commentators as well as Keith. (Sneaking an OT in here. : – )) )

Star October 29, 2013 at 11:50 am

The lead on Fox and Friends (I listen so you don’t have to) and on Morning Joe was that it was in the regs that 40-67% of indiv policy holders would lose their insurance–it was printed up. NBC was the first to think to read it. But this was known for ages! So .. now they say OK, this may be 14 million people, but those with employer insurance won’t be affected. Wait a hot one! Many employers may stop providing it or keep people under the hour limit or pay the fine–so that is a Talkling Lie, too, And as I said, I know a Medicare advg woman who lost hers supposedly because of the Forcible Care Act.

srdem65 October 29, 2013 at 12:26 pm

Great points.
The one-year waiver for the employer’s mandate had nothing to do with the excuse of not having the code available to oversee the mandate, but everything to do with the fear of hundreds of large companies dumping their employees into the ACA at once.
When a company finds that it’s cheaper to pay a fine than cover thousands with impossibly high insurance policies, then it’s game-over for the ACA.

Since the actual “waivers” given to the special snowflakes the Obama administration favors will expire in less than a year, they, too, will be subject to the horrors of higher cost insurance.

AZ Granny October 29, 2013 at 12:37 pm

I hate how they lie! Many employers already are dropping their health care. UPS is dropping 20,000 spouses from their insurance, IBM dumped their retiree insurance for Obamacare, and you have Disney, Trader Joe’s, Walgreens, Home Depot, Sea World, Darden Restaurants and so many more I can’t remember.

srdem65 October 29, 2013 at 12:58 pm

More great points. Most of the employees of those companies are not going to be able to afford much in the way of insurance, because of their relatively low wages. While they might be eligible for taxpayers subsidies, it’s still going to be a burden for them.

ot; just some observations
Most people only need catastrophic insurance that will cover major hospital or massive treatment charges. The @$200 that it might cost to see a general practicioner for a minor illness is a lot cheaper than paying @$500 a month for the same privilege.

When medical costs for seniors (or the elderly) are mentioned, it’s always formed as massive costs and extensive care that has bankrupted the Medicare system. There are some of us who are in dire need of that kind of care, but most of us have aliments that we have learned to live with, that have no cure or magic pill to restore us to health.
We take our meds, see the doctor once a month, every three months, whatever it takes to keep functioning.

Most of us have paid into Medicare since the beginning, without getting a dime’s worth of care until, or unless, we live to celebrate our 65th birthday. The ACA, or even the single-payer system that the Dems wish for, will provide benefits immediately for any and all. Some will never pay anything for their medical care, but every senior on Medicare has paid for years.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Waiting for the Talking Heads to pick this up! How many ‘Twenty-Niners’ are we going to end up with next year?
Everyone is going to end up on Medicaid!
ACA = death by 1000 blows.

Star October 29, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Blow isn’t covered….what? Oh, never mind, said blows plural.

Girly1 October 29, 2013 at 2:20 pm

…only on the Cadillac plans

Star October 29, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Ah. What about med mary jane?

Star October 29, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Paging Dr Holder…

aunty M October 29, 2013 at 5:30 pm

The United States as we know it, is fast disappearing from our very
eyes. Obama said he was going to change the US, and he really meant
it. I guess I am glad I am turning 83 next year, and I am sure by then
there will be death panels. The only problem is, I am completely healthy. YIKES!

Stephen Hall October 30, 2013 at 8:44 am

My response: I can’t afford a donation, our family’s gross health care cost for insurance is increasing by $5,000. Our combined income is only $60,000.