Obama to Speak at Lincoln Memorial on MLK Speech Anniversary

by Keith Koffler on August 7, 2013, 3:41 pm

President Obama will deliver remarks at the Lincoln Memorial on the 50th anniversary of Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I have a dream” speech, the White House announced this afternoon.

I know we won’t be reliving the electrifying eloquence of King’s speech. But hopefully Obama will at least leave faux-civil rights heroes like Trayvon Martin out of it and say things that will actually promote unity, hope, and the advancement of African Americans rather than divide the country with words of blame and anger.

Mandy Manners August 7, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I wonder if he’ll claim that he’s the fufillment of King’s dream.

lc southern August 7, 2013 at 4:00 pm

That would not surprise me.

Star August 8, 2013 at 2:17 pm

I know I am weird, but I was thinking would Obama and King buddy up? They are both Alpha Dogs, at least in their own estimation. I never see Obama with the other Alphas in the race area–Sharpton and Jackson. Does that BET guy hang at the White House? What about Cosby? He would never want anyone to put him in a shadow.

lc southern August 7, 2013 at 3:59 pm

Yeah somehow I’m not expecting that from him…

Danceswithtruth August 7, 2013 at 4:01 pm

You are so full of optimism today, Keith!

Langley Spook August 7, 2013 at 4:07 pm

“Obama to Speak at Lincoln Memorial on MLK Speech Anniversery”

-I AM GOING TO THROW UP, AND KEEP THROWING UP EVERYTIME I READ THIS ‘HEADLINE’…

Langley Spook August 7, 2013 at 4:12 pm

BTW, “Barack Hussein Obama” ‘s whole “career” as a ‘community organizer’ is based on “words of blame and anger”.

Julie Brueckheimer August 7, 2013 at 4:29 pm

I wonder how the King family really feels about Obama usurping King’s achievement. We’ll not know because it would be politically incorrect to the nth for them to speak out.

DeniseVB August 7, 2013 at 5:09 pm

I bet Alveda King won’t be there, she has too much love in her heart.

I attended Glenn Beck’s rally on MLK’s Dream anniversary a few years ago, the National Mall was packed for positive uplifting speeches for our troops and all of mankind. Alveda was one of the speakers, also Sarah Palin. Amazing experience. Never made the news. Especially when they asked for donations for wounded warriors via cell phone, that crowd raised over 2 million dollars in 5 minutes. Did I already say “amazing” ? :D

Jeremy August 7, 2013 at 10:37 pm

How racist is it to assume that a family would be too “politically correct” just because they are black? Wow.You definitely are a good example of not being politically correct, but uh…. Not in the good way you pat yourself on your racist back for…….

ImNoDhimmi August 8, 2013 at 7:44 am

Julie, I don’t see anything racist about your remark. I don’t think Jeremy is a regular poster here, he doesn’t know you very well.

The King family members have more class in their little fingers than Barry could ever imagine having. But surely even the Kings are tired of Barry and his rabid race baiting ways.

Julie Brueckheimer August 8, 2013 at 11:32 am

Thanks, ImNoDhimmi.

DeniseVB August 7, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Isn’t this Sharpton’s dog and pony show? So it really doesn’t have anything to do with MLK’s dreams, but that of the professional race industry :D

Langley Spook August 7, 2013 at 4:50 pm

“professional race industry” = race baiters, racists, etc. (aka: Obama’s alleged “community organizer career” in Chicago…)

Girly1 August 7, 2013 at 4:44 pm

Waterboarding would be less tortuous than listening to his blather.
Thanks for the warning, Keith.

mo1 August 7, 2013 at 4:58 pm

If you are taking bets, Keith, I bet “no way, are you nuts?”

ImNoDhimmi August 8, 2013 at 7:45 am

Keith could take bets on how many times Barry will bring up Saint Skittles in his remarks.

MarjoJimbo August 7, 2013 at 5:19 pm

“But hopefully Obama will at least leave faux-civil rights heroes like Trayvon Martin out of it and say things that will actually promote unity, hope, and the advancement of African Americans rather than divide the country with words of blame and anger.”

We can always dream.

Playrighter August 7, 2013 at 7:19 pm

“We had a dream”…

That Americans would be judged by their character, rather than by the color of their skin. Then we elected a community organizer more interested in “dreamers” and “dividers” than in the majestic words of a real “King”. We elected a man who — just yesterday, stated that he makes it a habit not to judge rashly. This from the man who’s done that with Officer Crowley, George Zimmerman, and a film maker whose name Obama likely has trouble pronouncing — as the man sits in jail to make Obama look more powerful.

We had a dream, that the following words of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. would be understood and taken to heart by Americans:

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”.

srdem65 August 7, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Yes, I’ll watch and listen as the Prez talks about the great strides Black Americans have made and how the racial divide that threatened to tear apart out country has been replaced with acceptance of people for the character, not the color of their skin.
Then, I’ll saddle up my pig and we’ll fly off to LasVegas where I will win a lot of money.

65andcounting August 7, 2013 at 7:01 pm

I have a dream too, that Obama KNOCK IT OFF WITH ALL THE SPEECHES!

I made the mistake of having the TV on when Obama was yacketty yakking to the Marines today. Typical background – the black Marine right over his shoulder in perfect camera view. Fortunately, Jake Tapper saved the day when his show The Lead started at 4pm. Thanks Jake.

USSA under King & Queen Hussein Obama August 7, 2013 at 8:26 pm

Why isn’t the King speaking at the Chinese manufactured MLK statue that his administration commissioned?

ImNoDhimmi August 8, 2013 at 7:53 am

Great statue. King in a dictator-style pose, complete with slanted eyes and the botched MLK quote, which will cost $800,00.00 to fix. What a failure. And why, oh why, was it made in China by a Chinese sculptor?

Not Nabob the Knothead August 7, 2013 at 9:00 pm

In my opinion. as long as AMERICANS with darker pigmentation continue to classify themselves as African-Americans, the use of racism will be a tool used for leverage to promote White guilt.
And us crackers are allowing this to continue. So my thought is F**k you ignorant twits, go live somewhere else if you think you are mistreated. Join Al-Queero if it bothers you that much.

Star August 8, 2013 at 11:30 am

Veered into the nasty there…

SMOKEY August 7, 2013 at 9:11 pm

What a disgrace to the legacy & the family of Dr King; more symbolism for the symbol-minded!

Jeremy August 7, 2013 at 10:32 pm

This guy Keith is a fucking bonehead, isn’t he?

Jeremy August 7, 2013 at 10:34 pm

I should have read the comments first. You guys are worse.

Mr. T. August 7, 2013 at 10:45 pm

Nice job, troll. Now go collect your check for the day.

Darkangel August 8, 2013 at 1:12 am

Jeremy spoke in class today…

ImNoDhimmi August 8, 2013 at 7:56 am

No. Mr. Koffler, his blog and the regular posters here are just too intelligent for the likes of you. You, sir, are the “fucking bonehead”.

Torqued August 7, 2013 at 11:26 pm

Still hoping that insane, commie, koranimal mass murdering war criminal will EVER do the right thing? HAHAHAHAHAHA

just-saying August 7, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Nobody listens to Obummer anymore.

gracepmc August 8, 2013 at 12:54 am

Somewhere in that speech there will be the line “and Trayvon Martin had a dream”….

ImNoDhimmi August 8, 2013 at 7:57 am

No doubt!

Regime Change August 8, 2013 at 8:25 am

People need to read The Real Lincoln. Then you’ll understand why Obama loves him so much. Lincoln and his minions introduced this country to the CENTRAL GOVERNMENT and CENTRAL PLANNING. Obama and the civil rights bunch perpetrate the myth that Lincoln was anti-slavery. That wasn’t the case. He was anti-anyone who opposed the central government… and that was the south in 1861. Sound familiar?

Star August 8, 2013 at 11:27 am

I guarantee the immortal name Trayvon will be mentioned.i

DlzIdM August 16, 2013 at 5:24 pm

622444 854830Hi this is somewhat of off topic but I was wondering if blogs use WYSIWYG editors or if you have to manually code with HTML. I