Obama on the Golf Course

by Keith Koffler on July 20, 2013, 11:08 am

President Obama headed out today for what has become his customary Saturday round of golf. He once lamented that he had to work six days a week, but apparently no more. Unless he’s working Sundays, which I somehow doubt.

Anyhoo, its his 132nd time golfing as president and the 21st time this year. Obama has already eclipsed his 2012 election year total of 19 outings.

He’s playing today with some junior aides, as he often does. They, presumably, will not be engaging him on the Obamacare employer mandate delay or anything else that might interfere with the relaxation.

BTW, it’s headed up to 93 degrees today – along with the Washington area humidity – at Fort Belvoir.

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

gracepmc July 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

I will resist the urge.

Julie Brueckheimer July 20, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Let it all out. You just bluuuugh, and you feel better.

Janna July 20, 2013 at 3:45 pm

I suppose hoping for heat stroke would be unkind….

Darkangel July 20, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Well, the entire DC area is currently under a severe thunderstorm watch, for whatever that’s worth.

I hope he gets rained on, hard. ESPECIALLY after yesterday.

Jpainter July 21, 2013 at 2:07 am

Rained on! How bout lightening strike.

ImNoDhimmi July 20, 2013 at 5:11 pm

I was just hoping his brain would fry!

Darkangel July 20, 2013 at 7:17 pm

I’m still not convinced he even HAS a brain to fry.

QueenOfScott July 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

He’s doing it FORE Trayvon!

cindy lou July 20, 2013 at 4:07 pm

Good one !!! (or is that SNAP? lol)

Bonnie July 20, 2013 at 11:20 am

…………there’s nothing left to say, except maybe Father of the Year to go along with the Nobel Peace Prize.

Brett July 20, 2013 at 11:31 am

Okay, the Doc sez I’m suffering from an Acute Blog-Posting Hangover so I’ll prolly lay low and rest my braintips for a while.
…until the next friggin’ catastrophe, that is.

(so I figure I have about 24 hours)

Star July 20, 2013 at 11:40 am

Usually thse golf things don’t interest me–but is this some form of Protest Golf?

srdem65 July 20, 2013 at 12:01 pm

lol.
Weeeell, if he pauses between slicing the ball and chasing it to pump his fist in the air to protest the horrible racist Whites in America, then it could be a Protest Golf.

Or, since we’re not allowed to actually see him golfing (if that’s what he’s doing there) he may be wearing a hoodie with TravonMartin’s likeness printed on the front, and “Justice For Travon” printed on the back.
The truth is he doesn’t give a fig about anyone but himself, and if it’s not about him it doesn’t matter.

gracepmc July 20, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Well, it’s a good thing he is Prezidentin’ credentials and can play golf anywhere he wants. Being half white, half black I am not sure what his golfing privileges would be here in Florida, land of apartheid.

gracepmc July 20, 2013 at 12:07 pm

is/ has

Mandy Manners July 20, 2013 at 12:36 pm

He once lamented that he had to work six days a week

SNIP

Ha! Being president of this nation is a 24/7/365 job.

Julie Brueckheimer July 20, 2013 at 12:45 pm

Mandy, I know you must have explained it before, but I must have missed it. What is the SNIP thing? For that matter, what is the SNAP thing?

Mandy Manners July 20, 2013 at 1:09 pm

I don’t know about “SNAP” but I use ‘SNIP” to show I’m no longer quoting another poster or an article I’ve linked. I usually type about 15 ellipses on the next line, too.

Star July 20, 2013 at 1:12 pm

SNAP! Means Good One!

Julie Brueckheimer July 20, 2013 at 1:19 pm

I can’t keep up with you all.

Star July 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

I also looked it up–no one knows where it started–the club scene? I also remember two black movie reviewers–one was a Wayan Bro–they went TWO SNAPS UP. Don’t remember the details. It can mean DAMN!

rulierose July 20, 2013 at 3:33 pm

no no no no…THREE snaps up. Damon Wayans and David Allan Grier played “Men on Film,” two light-in-the-loafers movie reviewers dressed in makeup and jewelry, who gave the snaps to movies they liked.

and when they REALLY liked one, they’d give it a “Three snaps up and clutch the pearls!”

Star July 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm

That’s it!!! Well, I had it part right.

gracepmc July 20, 2013 at 5:43 pm

Come on youse guys — SNAP

Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) |

Star July 21, 2013 at 11:10 am

The other one. Not as fun.

Darkangel July 20, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Might I suggest using some HTML tricks?

(q) and (/q) are good for short quotes, and if you need something larger, there’s (blockquote) and (/blockquote).

Here’s (q). The quote is from “The Invisible Man.”

I wandered down the subway stairs, seeing nothing, my mind plunging.

(blockquote) looks like this. The quote needs no introduction.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.–That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, –That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

HTML is your friend. Learn it. Love it.

rulierose July 20, 2013 at 3:34 pm

there’s also the old-fashioned quotation marks to indicate a quote.

“That’s always worked for me,” she said.

ImNoDhimmi July 20, 2013 at 5:13 pm

Much better than the annoying SNIP!

Mandy Manners July 21, 2013 at 8:33 am

I prefer the way I’ve been doing things since my time over at Little Green Footballs, before the owner morphed into a Proggie. Maybe I’m a stick in the mud, but it works for me.

Star July 21, 2013 at 11:11 am

SNIP did seem kinda unnecessary but now I tune it out.

GrandmaBean July 20, 2013 at 12:48 pm

You are 200% correct…….but someone forgot to tell Obama that.

Girly1 July 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Creates political firestorm – retreats to golf course. Sorta reminds me of a gangsta doing a ‘drive-by’. Fire a few rounds and take off like a bat out of h*ll.

Sandip Basu July 20, 2013 at 3:20 pm

What’s wrong with playing golf? The guy needs some time out like the rest of us.

Susan July 20, 2013 at 4:12 pm

Just wake up from a long nap, Rip Van Winkle?

Darkangel July 20, 2013 at 4:29 pm

Where do I even begin?

For one thing, Sir Puttsalot is on pace to play more golf this year alone than President Bush played in his ENTIRE TERM. Michael Moore made a point to mock Bush over his golf in FarFromRight 9/11 (sic). Bush was a worthless playboy for 24 rounds of golf in 8 years, per Mr. Moore. Obama is up in triple digits, and Michael Moore is staying away from that like it’s a sub shop that just announced a price hike.

And did you even see what the heck Obama did yesterday?! He went out there and stirred the racial pot, implicitly giving the malcontents at today’s protests carte blanche to do whatever they pleased. Fortunately, there’s been no actual violence that I’m aware of. But, hypothetically, if Obama had been golfing while riots were going on, are you saying you wouldn’t have had any problems with that at all? The man hits the links the day after giving a no-questions statement that easily could have been seen as incitement, and that’s just copacetic to you?

The man is a despot. Look at what is going on, if you have eyes to see!

ImNoDhimmi July 20, 2013 at 5:14 pm

Surely you jest!

Not Nabob the Knothead July 21, 2013 at 7:43 pm

The Darkangel is jest telling some truth.

rulierose July 20, 2013 at 3:36 pm

do all those “Justice for Trayvon” people sweating in Miami and Chicago and wherever know that? here’s how much your president cares about that kid who might have been his son: he’s golfing.

Star July 20, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Beyonce & Jay-Z are with Trayvon’s mom in Harlem at the protest. Is the mother from FL–did Harlem just seem riper for a protest?

ImNoDhimmi July 20, 2013 at 5:20 pm

Jay-Z, who stabbed a record producer, and Beyoncé, the bleached black beauty who dresses and gyrates like a ho on stage. Great role models, aye?

Not Nabob the Knothead July 21, 2013 at 7:48 pm

Beyoncé? Was she dressed appropriately for the children in attendance.

gracepmc July 20, 2013 at 6:29 pm

Well, since I am pretty sure Obama did not score or see any eagles today we can remember that 44 years ago it was heard that The Eagle Has Landed. Here is a good salute from guys who remember. In their own way. http://minx.cc/?post=341809

Susan July 20, 2013 at 7:06 pm

The moon landing is one event that is seared in my memory forever. I’ll never forget watching the landing on our brand new console TV with the family and neighbors. What a magical moment in American history. Back when America dreamed big dreams and did great things.

Star July 21, 2013 at 11:14 am

I did not have a TV and went to a bar in DC where they said they would put it on. A cockroach crawled up my leg. But it was a great moment–I was in the aerospace industry at the time, we all felt we were part of something–all Americans, not just all aerospace people.

Girly1 July 20, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Tweet of the night:

Obama suffered profiling 35 years ago!

Junius July 21, 2013 at 10:15 am

Was he wearing his hoodie while he played golf?

Otis Driftwood July 21, 2013 at 8:32 pm

no, he had a Marine hold his umbrella as he putted.

movedtothefarm July 21, 2013 at 6:38 pm

he is a disgrace – I’m totally disgusted. Everyone else that cannot golf because of his entourage. Can’t he find a Beyoncé concert to go to instead?