Obama’s Martha’s Vineyard Vacation Starts August 10

by Keith Koffler on July 12, 2013, 4:07 pm

Umm, that’s early.

The Boston Globe is reporting that President Obama and First Lady Michelle Obama will land on Martha’s Vineyard August 10 and stay there until August 18. The girls are expected to be with them.

That’s not a lot of vacation by Obama standards. Traditional vacation time for Washingtonians is the last two weeks of August, through Labor Day. And the Obamas must certainly think they’re owed some vaca time since they had to skip the Vineyard last year because it would look bad to take a swank vacation while you’re criticizing your opponent for being down with the One Percent.

I would expect if they’re leaving the island August 18, it’s not to end their vacation, but to begin the second leg of it.

I mean, sheesh – eight days on Martha’s Vineyard? The whole thing will be over before you can say “clam chowder.”

Junius July 12, 2013 at 5:04 pm

No doubt all expenses coming out of the Obama’s own pockets for this opulent vacation will be paid for in cold, hard cash skimmed off the top of all the proceeds garnered from those non-stop shake down fundraisers these two grifters have held since January around the country. The rest of the vacation costs will, no doubt, be picked up by the taxpayers (natch), crony capitalists eager to curry favor, and moonbat hollyood actors, i.e. the 1% wealthiest people in the country that the Obamas pretend to loathe so much. It is amazing how these two parasites have elevated the practice of free loading to a work of art. No doubt their SNAP cards have an unlimited credit amount!

Hope it rains buckets every day.

A.J. July 12, 2013 at 5:25 pm

Clam “Chowdah”!!!

Mr. T. July 12, 2013 at 9:23 pm

Courtesy of The Simpsons…

rawheadrex July 12, 2013 at 5:29 pm

I’ll bet residents prefer “The Russians Are Coming,The Russians Are Coming!”

Langley Spook July 12, 2013 at 6:45 pm

LOL!

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 9:09 am

Gut-busting movie!

Girly1 July 12, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Well, every day is a luxurious vacation for the single mom now that she has her YOLO going for her. It might only be a week on the Vineyard, but what has she been doing every day since the family globe-trotting vacay to Ireland, Berlin and Africa? Do we have a GPS monitor on AF2? No way is she staying home with the kids over summer vacation – they’re on the move. Only question is…where???

Lizzy July 12, 2013 at 7:49 pm

What difference does it make anyway? Let them all leave tomorrow and
stay gone till November 8 2016 so he can vote and have his peeps start
removing all the swag and bling they’ve ‘acquired’ since being on the
throne. He doesn’t govern except by fiat in absentia and as Sparky says
he can govern no matter where he is as long as he’s got his Playstation.
I’m sick of the sight of them all of them so go they will do nothing but spend the American taxpayer dry till they leave and we have no idea
what Michelle gets up to as she is no longer functioning as FLOTUS. She’s been out of sight since the election she had no intention of pretending to give a s–t this time part of their deal. Hey have the deluded followers buy the mega million dollar place in Hawaii and start
living large on our dime that’s what they’re going to do not much different
than what they do already. Aloha and wiki wiki. Sorry I’ve hit my limit
and lost my sence of humor. Although I was gone for 10 days room service TV WiFi remote control blinds. I was in the hospital.

Robin H July 12, 2013 at 9:04 pm

So glad you’ve come back from your “vacation.” :)

Lizzy July 12, 2013 at 11:24 pm

No Grey Goose no Wagu or Kobe. I didn’t even get broccoli it didn’t seem very appealing in liquid form:-(

ImNoDhimmi July 13, 2013 at 6:24 am

Lizzy, sorry to hear you weren’t well. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Star July 13, 2013 at 10:55 am

Yes, Lizzy. Rest up.

Star July 13, 2013 at 10:55 am

By the way–I liked the Playstation crack.

matt August 7, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I hope it rains all week.

DeniseVB July 12, 2013 at 8:44 pm
Car in July 13, 2013 at 8:46 am

@@@. There is no dignity in our White House. And saying that she is a ROLE model for her children?

just-saying July 13, 2013 at 9:39 am

roll model

jerry July 12, 2013 at 8:45 pm

It would REALLY look bad after all the people that had to take a cut in pay because of the sequester that he unleashed on them.

Not Nabob the Knothead July 12, 2013 at 10:57 pm

Martha’s Vineyard?
Who is Martha and why should her vineyard be that special?

Star July 13, 2013 at 10:56 am

I know a family that lives there year-round. I would say I feel for them, but I can almost bet they love him.

Star July 13, 2013 at 11:00 am

Note: I don’t remember the brush charging George $60 million to be cleared.

Star July 13, 2013 at 11:01 am

Ooops–the snark landed in the wrong threadlet.

proof July 13, 2013 at 4:18 am

Don’t worry! Obama should still have time to get in a few rounds of goolf between now and then!

Car in July 13, 2013 at 8:54 am

should we take up guesses where they are going to go for their second vacation? Perhaps they have another “separate” deal planned. Obama and the boyz?

Astroserfl July 13, 2013 at 9:26 am

And your point is?

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 9:57 am

To needle and annoy?

Frederick July 13, 2013 at 9:26 am

I think he should stay longer… Perhaps until Jan 2017!

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 9:56 am

He and his wife didn’t take off all over the place in separate planes, as Michelle has done several times. Nor did Laura fly to Aspen on our dime.

srdem65 July 13, 2013 at 9:58 am

If you didn’t “see” it, then you must not have been looking for it.
Every man sitting in the Oval Office spent untold millions of dollars, years of politickin’, and probably sold his soul for the privilege.
We, the taxpayers, provide every comfort, every convienence for him and his family to live for four years in the WhiteHouse. In return, we expect him to stay there and look out for our country’s best interests.
We don’t mind an occasional trip out of town, and his family is free to go wherever they please (as long as we’re not paying for it), but modern Presidents have used AF1 as their personal taxi to indulge in frivolous events.

So, yes, we do mind that the POTUS (whoever that might be) can’t seem to be content to stay in the place he tried so hard to secure for himself.

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 11:02 am

Haven’t most presidents vacationed at their permanent homes?

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 10:01 am

Check out DeniseVB’s post at 8:44 last night. How many times has she flown to one of Beyonce’s concerts? How many times did Laura fly around the country to catch her favorite recording stars live?

Star July 13, 2013 at 10:59 am

I can’t even read that predictable Bush cleared brush sentence-one sentence–without nodding off.

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 11:03 am

I didn’t see it anywhere in that article.

Star July 13, 2013 at 11:07 am

Mark–on Bush’s vacation days. See above. This is always the response.

Star July 13, 2013 at 11:08 am

By the way, I did not like Bush, either.

Mandy Manners July 13, 2013 at 11:25 am

I respected the heck out of him. Still do.

Star July 13, 2013 at 11:29 am

And I like Rubio and McCain–that’s what makes internets. LOL.

Anonna July 13, 2013 at 2:53 pm

I suppose a free airplane ride to see her Homie Girl Beyonce makes living in “hell” and a “nice prison” a little bit more bearable for Meesh Antoinette.

Susan July 13, 2013 at 10:21 am

What happened to the month long vacation they were planning to the vineyard? Maybe the new million dollar mansion we are renting for them is only available for eight days?

Geoff Caldwell July 13, 2013 at 11:32 am

I suggest we start a pool on where that second leg will take them. We then use the money raised to re-open the White House to tours.

Considering July 13, 2013 at 1:06 pm

The only reason for maintaining a residence in Chicago was to be elected and then reelected. The gullibility of the majority of American voters and taxpayers must be maintained.

Jeff1000 July 14, 2013 at 5:59 pm

When does Obama’s presidency begin?

lizzytalorburton August 10, 2013 at 12:22 pm

Just had a glimpse of Obama speaking in Florida to the terribly backlogged disabled veterans and I noticed something! While Obama was speaking to them he kept biting his bottom lip? My intuition tells me that he was imitating Bill Clinton who was a famous lip biter while speaking. I have seen this speech pattern before by Obama — he is such a phony that I truly believe he was copying Clinton, hoping that some of Bill’s charisma will rub off — never happen smelly Obama — you have the worst annoying speaking habits, you almost sound like a guy on drugs with the crackling and halting monotone, while trying to convey a casualness or a calmness ?which annoys me to the hilt.I can’t bear it, it almost hurts my ears.