The Roots of Ted Cruz

by Keith Koffler on July 10, 2013, 6:58 pm

If you’re wondering where Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) gets his strong sense of principle – not to mention his gift for public speaking – have a look at his dad, who spoke last week at the Freedomworks “Free the People” event July 5 in Utah.

Rafael Cruz fought alongside Castro in Cuba but became disillusioned once he realized what Fidel was all about. Castro, he notes below promised “hope and change” but delivered something else.

I know a lot of you are interested in Ted Cruz as a possible Republican candidate for president, so I thought you might want a look at this.

H/T to Nice Deb.

{ 1 trackback }

Bob in Indy July 10, 2013 at 7:12 pm

Mr. Cruz is a wonderful speaker. His question about where else in the world could we go if freedom fails here really struck a chord. It reminded me of the line (from Emerson I think) that goes:

To what avail the plow or sail or land or life if Freedom fail.

Ted has my vote. Hell, I’ll even move to Chicago to see how many times I can vote for him up there!

Alpha Papa July 10, 2013 at 7:18 pm

I the Tea Party holds true to its assessment of Cruz, like is being done with Rubio..they will deam him unworthy since his parent was born in Cuba and not the US.. sadly…

AFVet July 10, 2013 at 7:39 pm

We have already deemed Obama unworthy, and he is the prez.

Julie Brueckheimer July 10, 2013 at 7:58 pm

His mother was born in the USA as was Obama’s. What applied to Obama should apply to Cruz.

AFVet July 10, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Good point Julie.
If Ted did run I wonder what the libs would say ?

rawheadrex July 10, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Maybe America could use a little Cruz control. I believe we would find it vastly superior to Obamatic drive in which no one seems to have any idea where we are even headed, except for obvious disaster.

Rod July 10, 2013 at 7:44 pm

That guy is awesome – loved it.

AFVet July 10, 2013 at 7:50 pm

Well done Keith.
I have posted this video on some other sites as well.
He is giving us a warning, as have many other people that have been able to escape the tyranny of other countries only to see it happening again here.
We must listen to them and heed the warnings.
They are seeing the same signs that they have seen before.

Girly1 July 10, 2013 at 8:22 pm

Powerful! Thanks Keith.

What a stark difference between our Marxist dictator and the ‘dreams’ of anti-colonialism he inherited from his communist father and the young man whose father escaped communist rule and instilled the principles of freedom as outlined in the Constitution to his son before he was knee-high to a grasshopper. This is the moment we have been waiting for – Cruz for President! I’m in!

Jeff1000 July 10, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Count me in too Girly1.

Susan July 10, 2013 at 9:04 pm

Third time watching this speech and it is still as awesome as the first time around. Rafael Cruz’s experiences with repression under another totalitarian who promised “hope and change” is a very powerful warning message to all Americans.

Jennifer Masse July 10, 2013 at 9:22 pm

great post! I needed something positive. Ted Cruz is head and shoulders above Rubio in backbone, intelligence and speaking ability. NO contest, NO question — hands down.

Girly1 July 10, 2013 at 9:30 pm

Agree – 100%! Rubio can’t be trusted.

lawrence July 11, 2013 at 10:23 am

Would love to see Ted Cruz debate BHO or HC. No freaking contest.

RP July 11, 2013 at 3:42 pm

He speaks with wisdom and very valid points. Sadly, it seems like America is turning into Cuba.

aunty M July 11, 2013 at 3:47 pm

Great speech, Mr Cruz. We need more people like you.
Back in the 80′s I wished my german was as good as your english.
I lived there for many years, but just couldn’t get rid of my english
accent.

Christy July 12, 2013 at 2:27 am

Appreciation to my father who told me regarding this website,
this web site is really amazing.