McConnell: Obamacare Likely the Biggest Issue in 2014

by Keith Koffler on May 20, 2013, 12:14 pm

“I think it’s coming back big time,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Well, yes. Now that people are finding out what’s in the bill – including the role the IRS will have in implementing it – Obamacare is indeed making a comeback. Killing Obamacare, that is.

Star May 20, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I saw that–he often looks kind of stunned but did I great job of slapping down David Gregory yesterday.

Scottso May 20, 2013 at 12:24 pm

Not a McConnell fan.

Julie Brueckheimer May 20, 2013 at 12:47 pm

He’s changed his tune since he’s running for re-election in 2014. He was as anti-Tea Party as anyone, didn’t want Rand Paul to win, was unfriendly towards him when he first came to the Senate, and he did everything he could to help Harry Reid defeat Sharon Angle. A former member of the Old Boys’ Network who is all of a sudden promoting the new kids on the block. Don’t buy it: he wants to stay on because he can taste the Senate Majority Leadership.

Susan May 20, 2013 at 1:36 pm

I agree, Scottso and Julie. These career politicians always pretend to see the light when election time rolls around.

McCain also became “severely conservative” when he ran for re-election to the Senate in 2010. Look at him now…his promise to “complete the danged fence” is just a faded memory, and he’s Obama’s go-to man in the Republican establishment.

Star May 20, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Knock him all you want, he stuck it to Gregory.

AFVet May 20, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I agree Susan.
They seem to grow a spine right before an election.
Personally, I would like to see Ted Cruz in charge of the senate majority, the senate republican majority.

Star May 20, 2013 at 6:21 pm

Ted Cruz maybe a little light in the seniority area no matter how much you like him.

Susan May 20, 2013 at 6:59 pm

That seniority garbage needs to change too, IMHO. McConnell was first elected to the Senate in 1984. That’s almost 30 years! Ted Cruz and the other conservatives would have to wait until he dies in his office to have a chance at leadership, and even then there are lots of other old bulls waiting in line to take McConnell’s place when he goes.

Julie Brueckheimer May 20, 2013 at 7:26 pm

President then, and in the very long term, after his two terms, Chief Justice on the US Supreme Court replacing John Roberts.

Susan May 20, 2013 at 8:02 pm

Love it, Julie! Hope I live long enough to see it happen.

gracepmc May 20, 2013 at 2:55 pm

I am beyond this. Action not words is what I want to see — in the House and in the Senate. I didn’t hear hear anything extraordinary in McConnell’s response to Gregory’s question about beyond the 2 issues which was delivered condescendingly and with a smirk.

AZ Granny May 20, 2013 at 7:19 pm

I agree.

MarjoJimbo May 20, 2013 at 4:05 pm

Wishful thinking that it’s going away.

Why should Congress repeal it when their health insurance is not effected?!

AFVet May 20, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Because their careers are in jeopardy if they don’t.

MarjoJimbo May 20, 2013 at 4:44 pm

I don’t agree. The incumbents get voted in over and over again.

My representative is only seen around re-election time, and he is usually bearing “gifts” of money, which seem to be the thing that gets him re-elected.

And we have two senators? You’d never know it. I NEVER hear from them even when I email them.

Most American voters are pathetic, just like sheep. Awake up, Americans, before our beloved country is gone.

Elaine May 21, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Truly, everything is really a joke now. Obama still has lots of supporters even though he has to be seen as either completely incompetent or corrupt beyond measure by anyone with an ounce of common sense.

We better face the truth that the political class, both left and right, is almost completely corrupt, greedy, incompetent, and simply in the game, increasing their wealth and securing a lucrative future for themselves while the rest of us wonder what’s next on their agenda of destruction.

66npu5Ha July 19, 2013 at 6:51 pm

982127 654183This internet site is normally a walk-through you discover the information it suited you about it and didn’t know who need to have to. Glimpse here, and you will surely discover it. 691851

Future Science July 20, 2013 at 9:52 am

572377 504373After study a number of the websites with your site now, and that i genuinely appreciate your method of blogging. I bookmarked it to my bookmark site list and are checking back soon. Pls have a look at my web page likewise and let me know if you agree. 389295