Someone smelled smoke. From the pool report:
Reporters and photographers were evacuated from the WH just after 7 a.m. Saturday because of a smoke odor. All have now returned to the building — and things are back to normal.
Details from a White House Official:
“Early this am, an electrical transformer near the West Wing malfunctioned and set off a smoke alarm in the West Wing. The transformer problem was quickly resolved. Electricity and personnel access to the West Wing has returned to normal. The First Family was unaffected.”
It’s funny, when you first go to work at the White House, you think, this the White House. And I still get that awestruck feeling just about every time I walk in. But you also come to realize, this is a government facility. There’s leaks, mold, floods, the bathrooms are disgusting, things don’t work, etc.
I say contract out operations to the Koch brothers. They’ll fix the place place up.