Obama Schedule || Monday, April 8, 2013

Noon || Meets with senior advisors
3:05 pm || Departs the White House
4:30 pm || Arrives Hartford, Connecticut
5:45 pm || Delivers remarks on gun control. University of Hartford
6:45 pm || Departs Hartford
8:15 pm || Arrives White House

All times Eastern except at noted
Live stream of Carney briefing at 12:45 pm

Not Nabob April 7, 2013 at 10:42 pm

Arrives back in Washington just in time to watch Indiana in the 2013 NCAA Basketball championship game.
How does he do it?

Noma April 7, 2013 at 10:50 pm

Three words: Worthless. Lazy. A$$.

pianogirl88 April 7, 2013 at 10:53 pm

He has senior advisers? Who knew?!? It’s not like any of them have been giving good advice, or maybe Skeeter doesn’t want to take any of it. I heard on the news this evening that the crazy guy in NK wants Zero to call him so they can discuss the nukes issue, but the WH said that won’t be happening.

gracepmc April 7, 2013 at 11:48 pm

Probably because Dennis Rodman has not fully briefed Obama.

gracepmc April 7, 2013 at 11:46 pm

If he stayed in bed 45 more minutes he could have started at noon.Then again, he is always late so he probably will show up noonish.

gracepmc April 8, 2013 at 12:02 am

Off topic. Sunday night on PBS I watched Defiant Requiem: Resistance. Per the Comcast description, for brevity, Conductor Murray Sidlin leads a performance of Verdi’s Requiem at the former Nazi concentration camp at Terezin where Czech conductor Rafael Schachter and fellow inmates performed it in 1944 in front of a Nazi officers (in your face!) and the International Red Cross. It is worth watching if it is repeated.
Having cancelled the Jewish Heritage Month reception it is unlikely this was watched at the Obama White House.

But all is not lost — coming up on Tuesday is the Concert on the one month Anniversary of the WH Tour Closing. Good times.

Julie Brueckheimer April 8, 2013 at 12:23 am

Murray Sidlin was the director of a wonderful summer concert series we had in Central Oregon (Bend), but with the bust of 2008 like so many good things, it went belly up. I will watch for a repeat. Given the Obamas’ mediocre taste, they would not have watched it anyway, even for Jewish Heritage Month. I’ve read that the Memphis Soul Music concert Tuesday night is not the real thing either.

gracepmc April 8, 2013 at 12:50 am

Maybe B&J will be back from Cuba and surprise everybody at the 1st WH Tour Closing Concert. A little Afro- Cuban-Amerikan music would reflect our cultural diversity.

Island Girl April 8, 2013 at 12:55 am

Sad but true

Otis Driftwood April 8, 2013 at 1:08 am

I already made my bet they will be at the concert as “special guests” here on another posting last week. No way would Jay-Z miss out seeing his boy JT perform. However, they could always sneak them in and he can watch from the situation room. They will have to tell JZ no pressing any buttons, NK already has a itchy trigger finger.

Lizzy April 8, 2013 at 3:06 am

They were probably made special ambassadors to all the
vile countries that hate us I’m sure Sequester or not they will receive a very nice salary and travel expenses. I mean Bouncy and JJ don’t buy off the rack. Think what wonderful country will be next Russia they could
whine along with Gerard about the pain of wealth.

Mandy Manners April 8, 2013 at 7:46 am

Those are some seriously skewed priorities.

Mandy Manners April 8, 2013 at 7:54 am

Fox is announcing that Margaret Thatcher is dead.

R.I.P., Iron Maiden.

RickW April 8, 2013 at 8:05 am

I’ll second that, Mandy. A great leader.

ImNoDhimmi April 8, 2013 at 8:30 am

The UK could use another leader like Maggie these days.

Lizzy April 8, 2013 at 9:02 am

Wow we have lost the Iron Lady we will never see another. I
think she would be able to but Obama in his place with a
withering look. When I hear all the praise heaped on Hillary
always think she couldn’t hold a candle to Maggie Thatcher.
We have lost a true leader and strong ally. God Bless her now
she can chat with Reagan. I wonder if they will play the recording he made for her passing after he became ill.

Susan April 8, 2013 at 9:29 am

What a hero to conservatism Margaret Thatcher was. Margaret Thatcher, Ronald Reagan, and Pope John Paul – an alliance that changed the course of history. Rest in peace, dear lady.

Lizzy April 8, 2013 at 9:39 am

Thank the good Lord those three were around when we needed them wish they were here now.

Julie Brueckheimer April 8, 2013 at 10:27 am

I like Iron Maiden in place of Iron Lady. It seems now that she lived in an age of heroes, and she was Brunhilde.

Car in April 8, 2013 at 7:54 am

The most pressing issue of they day; gun control.I mean, gun control for legal, law-abiding citizens. He’s spending millions of dollars traveling around the country talking about this.

Brave new world. Yes, indeedy.

RickW April 8, 2013 at 8:04 am

With his stewardship of the economy, gun control and same sex marriage are the only things this nitwit CAN talk about with anything resembling a straight face.

Regina April 8, 2013 at 8:05 am

I hate Obama! I wish I didn’t but I do and I can’t believe the things he is getting away with doing to our country. He doesn’t want freedom or anything american. We need to do something to stop him.

Joe April 8, 2013 at 8:15 am

Does this jerk spend any time actually working? We are his employers and even the dems should be holding his feet to the fire. He is not only hurting our country, but the pols need to figure out he is wrecking their beloved far left party.

timmysfriend April 8, 2013 at 9:04 am

Does he even get up before 10?

Lizzy April 8, 2013 at 9:13 am

Wondering if Obama can find time in his busy schedule to pay respects
and send America’s condolences to England for Barroness Thatcher?
Will he do the correct thing and actually make the announcement or will it
be a belated paper statement?

RickW April 8, 2013 at 9:20 am

Lizzy, I’ll predict Jay takes the lead on this during his briefing. Firestorm will result and Bam will then mention Lady Thatcher today in Hartford….”Now, to be clear…..Lady Thatcher died of a stroke….However..uh…she COULD have been the victim of an assault rifle too…you uh know!”

Mandy Manners April 8, 2013 at 9:57 am

Whom will FCMABBO send to the funeral? Plugs?

RickW April 8, 2013 at 10:05 am

Dear God, unless that little twerp in N Korea has attacked us, Obama HAS to go himself. Anything else would be a diplomatic insult to GB of historic proportions…….Heh heh that is unless THEY ask him not to come….heh heh Now there’s an insult

Mandy Manners April 8, 2013 at 10:07 am

Starting with the removal of Churchill’s bust, we’ve insulted them repeatedly so what’s another one!

Lizzy April 8, 2013 at 10:43 am

I doubt he goes unless MO gets a shopping trip out of it
England just isn’t 5 star enough for them.

Otis Driftwood April 8, 2013 at 3:06 pm

Crazy Joe has already done the advance trip for his boss.

Julie Brueckheimer April 8, 2013 at 9:54 am

Obama loves to beat a dead horse.

RickW April 8, 2013 at 10:06 am

or shoot one with an assault rifle……..:>) Of course, with the techniques he demonstrated with a shotgun, the horse might live a long life.

MichelleIndependent April 8, 2013 at 2:44 pm

get up late, fly around, yap, yap, yap

Vickie April 11, 2013 at 12:09 am

Air Force One was parked at Atlanta Hartsfield Airport on Monday during the basketball game for the Final Four. Where’s that on his schedule? I was taxing out and there it was. BOLOGNA! His spending is out of control. I’m sure it will be parked at Augusta during the Master’s Golf Tournament too. His spending is out of control!