Wasserman Schultz Hitches Ride on AF1 to Israel

by Keith Koffler on March 20, 2013, 8:13 am

Democratic National Committee Chairman Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.) is accompanying President Obama to Israel, adding a decidedly political element to Obama’s first trip to the Holy Land as president.

Debbie Wasserman SchultzWasserman Schultz, who is Jewish, was joined on Air Force One by another House Democrat, Rep. Eliot Engel of New York, who is also Jewish. No Republican lawmakers have been reported to be part of the president’s delegation.

Wasserman Schultz is one of the more divisive members of Congress, rankling Republicans frequently with screeching political attacks. Her presence is sure to raise suspicions among Republicans about the president’s political motives for the trip.

It’s possible President Obama feels the need to placate her, having set up his own rival political organization – Organizing for America – that diminishes her role as DNC chair.

Scottso March 20, 2013 at 8:32 am

this is a bad move for the President.
Politics aside, Debbie Wasserman Schultz is one of the more annoying people in Washington (that says alot). Her voice, her hair…her demeanor, is frankly irritating.

I love this part of the schedule…
5:05 pm || Delivers statement to the press
5:30 pm || Arrives at the residence of Prime Minister Netanyahu; Prime Minister’s Residence, Jerusalem
5:45 pm || Holds bilateral meeting with Netanyahu

Don’t people know that Obama is never on time and his speeches ramble on?
Who scheduled this so tight?

ImNoDhimmi March 20, 2013 at 8:36 am

How nice of Barry to take along his pals, Wasserman Schultz and Engel, on this tax-payer funded junket. Dear Debbie, with her beauty and grace, will be such a lovely example of American womanhood to present to the Israelis.

sportinlife10 March 20, 2013 at 10:21 am

I dunno – would you pit her against the Flino? He could’ve brought her, you know?

cincycinco March 20, 2013 at 8:40 am

“Neither Wasserman Schultz nor Engel is a senior member of the congressional leadership, and it’s not clear why they accompanied Obama to Israel other than that they have a personal interest in seeing the country.” – Keith Koffler

They’re members of the Imperial Palace. How DARE you question them, peasant! They are accepted into the Royal Presence, and that is justification enough for ANYTHING.

Now back to your hut! And mind your place before HE loses HIS temper with you…

veritaseequitas March 20, 2013 at 8:41 am

To add a patina of genuineness no doubt. (SARC ON)

cincycinco March 20, 2013 at 8:50 am

“Wasserman Schultz, who is Jewish…” – Keith Koffler

Is she REALLY, or is she just “Jewish” the way that Biden and Pelosi are “Catholic”? I know there may or may not be a lineage in her case that gives her some “legal” right to claiming to be Jewish, but if you don’t live it, do you REALLLLY have a right to claim it as your own? Morally, that is…

I know, Obamanistas don’t spend a lot of time worrying about boring ol’ “Moral” stuff. The guy they are CLAIMING to worship is WAY into moralism, though, and Harry Reid might not be able to block HIS vote on their final destination when the time comes…

I’m not their judge, for which they are fortunate – but they WILL be judged, and by Someone who WON’T be decieved or misled by a synchophantic press or by fatuous legalisms. Perhaps it’s GOOD for them to go there, maybe they’ll be reminded of that? Totally worth it, if so!

As for their boss, maybe he should get himself on the Road to Damascus. I hear that another religious persecutor once had his mind changed while going out that way…

Mother124 March 20, 2013 at 8:56 am

Being Jewish is both nationality and religion.

Anyone born of a Jewish mother is automatically Jewish.

Being an observant Jew is another matter altogether.

FLDemFem March 21, 2013 at 5:37 pm

Judaism is a religion, not a nationality. My sister is Jewish and she is an American, not an Israeli. There are more Jews that are not Israeli than there are Israelis who are.

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 9:20 am

Like Biden is Catholic.

Playrighter March 20, 2013 at 9:49 am

Obama can’t do anything without his human props. DWS is the latest prop to show Israel he’s down with them.

Also, after rubbing shoulders with J-HOVA / Jay-Z during the inaugural, maybe DWS wants to go “gangsta” in Gethsemane.

srdem65 March 20, 2013 at 10:56 am

slightly OT:
Just how does the PR machine in the WhiteHouse operate: do they send out the bat-signal for a dozen first responders for a certain speech, or seniors, or darling children. and in this case; for some American Jews?
We have to assume that these people know they’re being used as political props for whatever MrObama’s message of the day might be.
The message in Israel (and for PMNetanyahu in particular) is “see, American Jews approve of what I’m doing and they support my decisions”.

Playrighter March 20, 2013 at 11:27 am

and further: who pays for the transportation, feeding and lodging of all these human props? Some come from thousands of miles away, and almost certainly aren’t paying their own way. This goes all the way back to Marcelas Owens, the eleven year old from Seattle — whose mother died with a lack of insurance — flown to D.C. so Joe Biden could hold him in place next to the signing desk while Obama went through some two dozen pens to leave his “official signature” on his official signature accomplishment.

sportinlife10 March 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

Like obama is Christian.

Chuck Thomas March 20, 2013 at 10:27 am

Exactly!

Mother124 March 20, 2013 at 8:54 am

Just like Obama surrounds himself with military personnel, cops, or teachers for related announcements and events, he surrounds himself with Jews for a visit to Israel. “Hey…you guys make a pretty good photo-op!”

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:48 am

Maybe gather up all Americans on Foodstamps and brag on himself how he’s helping Americans. Oh thats right there is no stadium that could hold 50,000,000 peopel huh? I agree with your analogy.

I'm a Wacko March 20, 2013 at 8:56 am

She is truely a worthless person. Vile, disgusting pig of a person. So are the people that vote for her.

ImNoDhimmi March 20, 2013 at 9:00 am

Barry’s visit is causing chaos in Jerusalem:

“Unprecedented road closings have immobilized half of Jerusalem during the busiest shopping days of the year, just before the start of Passover and are closing the only highway to the country’s only airport during a time it’s jammed with holiday visitors.
Jerusalemites trying to shop for Passover will be unable to reach the city’s only produce market by car, and all buses are being diverted.
“Is it going to be possible to get into town, and specifically the market?” asked Jerusalem resident Emma Wolfin-Goldin. “I’m genuinely mystified as to the timing.”

Anyone else think the timing of the visit was planned out of pure spite?

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 9:21 am

mo1 March 20, 2013 at 10:13 am

That would require several prerequisites. First, the President and his staff would have to know when Passover occurs. Second, he would have to beleive a large number of people observe religious holidays. Third, he would have to know most people cannot delegate their shopping to a staff. Fourth, he would have to care about whether he inconveniences anyone. None of these prerequisites are satisfied. So he cannot acted out of spite..

Julie Brueckheimer March 20, 2013 at 10:18 am

Just read on Drudge that his limo broke down, or rather it wouldn’t start up. Someone filled it with petrol when it should have been diesel (or vice versa). Maybe that has added to the traffic snarl.

BTW, his driver makes $175,000 a year.

gracepmc March 20, 2013 at 9:16 am

If I wanted to show someone how unserious I am about the task at hand and how little I thought of them then I would bring this woman with me also.

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 9:19 am

Well I wonder who else is going on Barry’s Big Adventure? This was never a
serious trip for Obama but now he’s further humiliating America by making it
in no way serious. We’ve got serious and dangerous things going on in that
area hopefully someone mentioned it to Barry between brackets and parties.
And to drag along Dreadful Debbie is an insult.

Sadie March 20, 2013 at 9:38 am

I spotted the usualy suspects…Val Jar, Carney, Messina.

Susan March 20, 2013 at 9:34 am

Well, at least now we know two of the coattail riders in his entourage. Any word on who the other 598 are?

pianogirl88 March 20, 2013 at 10:29 am

Food tasters….he has to have backups in case the first 100 or so drop like flies. I wonder if he has food tasters when he’s back at the WH eating what Mooch declares he has to eat, rather than what he wants to eat? Do they go with him to Five Guys down the road in DC?

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 10:54 am

Can’t see thought you said ‘cocktail riders’ but not much difference. Too
early for the ‘tea trolly’?

Susan March 20, 2013 at 12:10 pm

Why not? It’s five o’clock somewhere in the world, Lizzy ;-)

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 12:59 pm

I think it’s going to be five o’clock 24/7 for the next four years. Say
Susan we should buy our ‘tea’ in bulk or brew our own WHD brand:-)

Sadie March 20, 2013 at 9:35 am

Debbie the Doofus, who accused Ambassador Oren…

“We know, and I’ve heard no less than Ambassador Michael Oren say this, that what the Republicans are doing is dangerous for Israel.”

The only job Deb suitable for her is “taste tester”.

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:54 am

Or getting on knees for the great One while she worships him or other things?

RickW March 20, 2013 at 12:19 pm

She might make his ears wiggle, Donna

gracepmc March 20, 2013 at 9:38 am

Perhaps Debbie is the taster.

Sadie March 20, 2013 at 10:05 am

If it wasn’t for bad taste, she’d have no taste at all!

Lizzy March 20, 2013 at 10:55 am

‘Like’. :-)

CiscoKid March 20, 2013 at 9:48 am

Maybe Obama invited DWS because Dennis Rodman still has jet lag from his North Korean trip.

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:55 am
Darkangel March 20, 2013 at 12:50 pm

I’d trust Casey Anthony to be my babysitter before I’d trust Dennis Rodman to speak for my country in international affairs.

Julie Brueckheimer March 20, 2013 at 9:49 am

Maybe ‘more senior’ Democratic politicians who are also Jewish don’t want to be identified with him, and it’s a blessing in disguise, not an insult, that he excluded any Republicans. Funny he didn’t take Sharpton or Farrakhan.

MichelleIndependent March 20, 2013 at 9:51 am

Barack Obama is useless.

Sadie March 20, 2013 at 10:03 am

Caroline Glick is also asking why is Obama in Israel.

We’re all wondering why? Maybe it’s a simple as his own words, but most probably it’s about *his* legacy.

President Obama told Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Israel that “It’s good to get away from Congress.” Politico’s Mike Allen reports:

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/president-obama/2013/03/20/obama-israel-its-good-get-away-congress?intcmp=fly#ixzz2O5WgSsoL

sportinlife10 March 20, 2013 at 12:57 pm

I couldn’t bring up that first Caroline Glick piece, but Glick is magnificent on the subject of British anti-Semitism.

Sadie March 20, 2013 at 2:06 pm

sportin – try this link to read the article. I thoroughly agree with your take on Glick and the Brits.

DeniseVB March 20, 2013 at 10:16 am

I always thought Obama may have a little crush on her ever since I saw the body language in this photo:

Have never seen that in the thousands of photos with Michelle. Just goofing off in a playful way.

Chuck Thomas March 20, 2013 at 10:37 am

With her hair pulled back she’s considerably less homely.

I could not help but notice DWS’ hands in the photo and her giddiness. I’ve seen people gesture similarly to describe the size of a fish…and other things.

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:58 am

I agree. Body language speaks volumnes. Why didn’t his wife go too..Thats right they fly separate. my bad

Chuck Thomas March 20, 2013 at 10:41 am

A tip of the hat to you, Keith. I know that it takes extraordinary effort to find a flattering photo of Ms Wasserman Schultz. It is obvious that you have gone to great lengths to pick one of her better looks. The one used above is EXCELLENT. Captures not only her personality, but also her natural beauty.

Julie Brueckheimer March 20, 2013 at 10:54 am

Oh really? I thought Keith was doing a little competition with Drudge to find the worst photo. Have you seen the latest of Di Feinstein on Drudge? Check his Hillary file. Anyway, I think W-S looks scalded in this photo or maybe it’s a bad case of eczema?

Julie Brueckheimer March 20, 2013 at 11:05 am

Hot flash? Niacin reaction?

Chuck Thomas March 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Evidently my tongue was a bit too far in cheek.

Julie Brueckheimer March 20, 2013 at 12:18 pm

Guess my sarc antennae need a little tune-up. : – )

Jane March 20, 2013 at 6:23 pm

There is a Vogue picture of Lil Debbie that rivals the two that Vogue did of MO…Photoshopping is an art.

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:44 am

She does worship the great Liar. She acts like she has a crush on him to me. It is what it is. Better to travel with President then Americans don’t have to listen to her BS. I change the channel when either her or Obama gets on their soap box because of the lies that fall out! Jay Carney is the same.

Donna Lands March 20, 2013 at 10:51 am

Keith, I bet they never let You ask questions at those white house breifings huh? Those pesky true Press people annoy Carney. I have seen him smirk and roll his eye brows when faced with real questions. Keep it up!

GWShrub March 20, 2013 at 1:22 pm

Photo kind of reminds me of a deer in the headlights……sorta like Jerry Sandusky…..whut??

aunty M March 20, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I wish I could say that Wasserman Schultz is a nonentity, but i do not think it so. You are so right, Keith, she is very divisive. I always wish P. Obama
would take thoughtful thinking people with him, but that is never going to happen. He would not know what to do with them. He is so frivolous!

Jane March 20, 2013 at 6:24 pm

It’s March Madness…that’s his excuse for the time being.

2 day diet japan lingzhi ingredients July 4, 2013 at 9:05 pm

I every time download a full film in parts, that always present at YouTube, since my net connection is awfully slow and YouTube fulfils my wishes.

Guest Houses in Umhlanga September 10, 2013 at 7:31 am

Useful information. Lucky for me that I found your site by accident, and I’m surprised why this twist of fate didn’t take place sooner! I bookmarked it.

www.Citeulike.org November 15, 2013 at 4:48 pm

Great quality content you’ve got there. In the event
you have some follow-up articles, that would be fantastic.

Warner January 10, 2014 at 5:04 am

It is perfect time to make skme plans for the future and it is
time to be happy. I have rerad this post and if I could I wish tto
suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you
can write next articles referring to this article. I wish to read
even more things about it!

sbobet for mobile January 25, 2014 at 11:24 am

Hi there would you mind stating which blog platform you’re using?
I’m looking to start my own blog in the near future but I’m
having a tough time making a decision between BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution and Drupal.
The reason I ask is because your design seems different then most blogs and I’m looking for something completely unique.
P.S Apologies for getting off-topic but I had to ask!

sbobet result January 25, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Wow! This blog looks exactly like my old one! It’s on a completely different
subject but it has pretty much the same layout and design.
Superb choice of colors!

love betting January 25, 2014 at 6:17 pm

Nice post. I was checking continuously this blog and I’m impressed!
Extremely useful information specifically the last part :) I care for such info a lot.

I was looking for this certain information for a very long time.
Thank you and good luck.

yoursafariguide.com January 27, 2014 at 8:14 am

They Did Noot Believe Ӏ Wass Able To Becopme а live wedding funk bands Master…Νow I am!!

sbobet February 3, 2014 at 9:41 am

I think the admin of this website is actually working hard in support of his site, for
the reason that here every data is quality based stuff.

sport betting percentage March 12, 2014 at 2:19 am

Hi there to every one, since I am really eager of reading this website’s post to
be updated daily. It consists of fastidious information.