Obama Can Walk on Water, but Not Through It

by Keith Koffler on March 14, 2013, 8:52 am

The White House released as one of its “Photos of the Day” this week a shot of President Obama waiting with an umbrella until the rain stops before making a 20-second walk from one building to another on the White House grounds.

“President Barack Obama waits for a heavy rain to pass before crossing West Executive Avenue from the Eisenhower Executive Office Building to the West Wing of the White House,” states the caption to the photo, which is below.

Obama rain

Notice a staffer with an umbrella is willing to brave the rain while the boss clings to the safety of an archway.

I’ve walked this path many times. It’s very short, no more than about 30 yards. There’s little danger of getting very wet, particularly with an umbrella in hand.

No word on what kind of suit Obama was wearing.

A big H/T to one of our readers, Playrighter, for sending this in and thinking up the title.

Scottso March 14, 2013 at 8:59 am

for once i’m going to side with the Prez.
There is a guy in the background with an umbrella who is running (presumably because the rain is so hard).

When the rain gets hard and heavy, even going out with an umbrella, means you are going to get wet. Best thing to do is wait a minute or two until the big drops are gone.

Scottso March 14, 2013 at 9:00 am

besides…for all we know there was lightning in the vicinity and someone told the President to wait there.

Geoff Caldwell March 14, 2013 at 9:07 am

Lighting in the air? A kite, some string and a key seems more appropriate.

Shaky Jake March 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

How about a golf club in hand?

rulierose March 14, 2013 at 5:29 pm

shouldn’t that be Someone?

Robin H March 14, 2013 at 9:03 am

Since we know from prior photos that he’s not the most adept at using an umbrella, it’s easier for him to just wait it out. And since everyone around him knows he’s always late, it’s really no biggie…

Shofar March 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

I figured he didn’t want to get wet because of his recent, sugary outreach to the GOP. Perhaps he thought he would melt in the rain.

Personally, I think he would float.

rulierose March 14, 2013 at 5:30 pm

are you saying the president weighs the same as a block of wood, or a swallow?

Geoff Caldwell March 14, 2013 at 9:06 am

What is it with Souza and his “silhouettes”? While it certainly shows the more real “dark side” (NOT THE SKIN COLOR “dark” for you liberal loons lurking) of Dear Leader it’s a rather lazy way to shoot. Then again he used basically the same shot for the Afghanistan helicopter crash body returning event as he did the Hillary/Benghazi love fest so who knows.
But it does raise another question:
Just how much does Souza get paid for this stuff considering school kids can’t even tour their own house during spring break.

Julie Brueckheimer March 14, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Wonder what he gets paid and by whom. He could free lance those pics to the media and get big bucks so I hope the US taxpayer is not keeping him salaried while tourists cannot visit the WH.

FLDemFem March 14, 2013 at 2:49 pm

If he free-lanced, the White House would have no control over what pictures he released. Being on salary at the White House gives them control of his pictures, what pictures are taken and which ones are released.

RickW March 14, 2013 at 9:13 am

Hesitant, tentative, concerned he might slip and fall. Create a photo op for the Repubs….Yup, thats the leader of the Free World. GWB would have just run and likely held a door for a staffer. And he’d have been mocked for it.

Shofar March 14, 2013 at 9:23 am

O/T but I saw this on Drudge, and had to post.

The VPOTUS’ office engaged in a little bit of its own intimidation of the media the other day during a domestic violence event. Seems a college journalist took pictures of Ol’ Joe, and was forced to delete them by a Biden staffer. I guess the idea is to get up and coming reporters used to being pushed around so when they get out into the real world they will be used to following orders.

Susan March 14, 2013 at 9:57 am

Agree the statists are training our youth to be compliant sheep. Sad that the young man voluntarily deleted the photos without questioning this person’s authority. When the staffer said “I need to see your camera right now” the young man should have told her to get a warrant or pound sand.

CiscoKid March 14, 2013 at 12:05 pm

Sad when a journalism student doesn’t know what freedom of the press means.

dave March 14, 2013 at 9:27 am

He chose to wait it out as, even though he had an umbrella available, it would not have covered his ears.

A.Men March 14, 2013 at 9:35 am

King Pussy. President celebrity is the biggest pansy on earth.

Jeff1000 March 14, 2013 at 9:35 am

I remember when I was in the Navy I was returning to my ship from shore leave and it started to rain pretty hard. Not only didn’t I have an umbrella, but I was in my dress whites too, so I started jogging to the ship. Out of nowhere I heard someone yelling “Sailor, sailor”. I stopped trotting and looked in that direction and saw that it was a Senior Chief who had yelled at me. He walked towards me and said, “Sailor, don’t you ever run from the rain”. I said “Yes Sir” and walked slowly to the ship.

Too bad Barack Obama never learned the things that a real man should never do.

Keith Koffler March 14, 2013 at 11:35 am

Good story Jeff.

Jeff1000 March 14, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Thanks Keith. It was a little lesson that I never forgot.

cincycinco March 14, 2013 at 9:37 am

“Obama Can Walk on Water…”

THAT’S why he didn’t steal the Papal election! He doesn’t WANT to be pope because Obama considers the pope as his direct report.

Why be Pope when you ALREADY think you’re G_d?

rulierose March 14, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Keith, you HAVE to add a “like” button for comments like these!

Susan March 14, 2013 at 10:12 am

Unusual to see him actually holding an umbrella, especially after his tangle with a fence in New Orleans a while back. More common to see photos of lackeys holding his umbrella for him.

rulierose March 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

we’ll find out that the WH employs three full-time umbrella handlers at $97,000/year each–none of them affected by the sequester, of course.

MichelleIndependent March 14, 2013 at 10:20 am

Barry is a pampered, worthless putz

Regina March 14, 2013 at 10:25 am

he will let our solders stand in it. He can walk 30 yards.

Star March 14, 2013 at 11:08 am

What–no slow jazz and a Gene Kelly impression?

Keith Koffler March 14, 2013 at 11:36 am

Ha!

Julie Brueckheimer March 14, 2013 at 1:07 pm

: – D

rulierose March 14, 2013 at 5:33 pm

Obama probably never saw that movie.

Rod March 14, 2013 at 11:37 am

Of course, waiting 20 minutes to avoid the rain – wait, doesn’t he have an umbrella? I guess he’s got nothing better to do but sit there and contemplate. I’m surprised that he just didn’t command the rain to stop…

CiscoKid March 14, 2013 at 12:17 pm

You mean he couldn’t stop the rain?
Slipping in the polls, fellow Democrats siding against him, and now he can’t stop a simple thunderstorm.
Once able to stop the rise of the oceans and now reduced to waiting with his umbrella in hand.

SWFL March 14, 2013 at 2:50 pm

First, I pictured him skipping those 30 yards and then Tiny Tim’s “Tiptoe Through The Tulips” came to me — so with a slight change:

Tiptoe through the raindrops
By the window, that is where I’ll be
Come tiptoe through the raindrops with me

Oh, tiptoe from the garden
By the garden of the willow tree
And tiptoe through the raindrops with me

Knee deep in flowers we’ll stray
We’ll keep the showers away
And if I kiss you in the garden, in the moonlight
Will you pardon me?
And tiptoe through the raindrops with me

SWFL March 14, 2013 at 2:59 pm

Why didn’t he just leap those 30 yards — in a single bound?

SuperSlacker possesses extraordinary powers, with the character traditionally described as “faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, and able to leap tall buildings in a single bound”.

video lucu December 14, 2013 at 7:39 am

It truly is excellent time for you to produce a number of strategies to the long run and it’s time and energy to be happy. We have read this publish and when I can I wish to advise a person a few exciting things as well as advice. You could possibly might generate pursuing content articles in regards to this document. We wish to discover more factors somewhere around this!

http://goo.gl/ofipKF/ January 5, 2014 at 11:22 pm

As my guide took me back to my car, he pointed out a giant conveyor belt spitting out solid black into a mountain of coal being loaded into waiting trucks
http://goo.gl/ofipKF/ http://goo.gl/ofipKF/