The Obama Morning News || March 11, 2013

Some in GOP skeptical of Obama outreach
. . . Washington Times
. . .  And others warming to the charm . . . ABC News
. . . While some Dems seek their distance . . . Politico
Thirteen hours that changed the GOP . . . Joe Curl
Obama’s numbers plummet in . . . New York? . . . Politico
Cuts gives Obama path to curb military
. . . New York Times
Obama disses New Media to MSM audience . . . Daily Caller
A moderate voice at the Energy Department? . . . Jazz Shaw
Ryan: Presidential run “more realistic in my mind” . . . Daily Caller

Swedishlady March 11, 2013 at 7:23 am

I read the interesting article in Daily Caller , “Obama disses New Media to MSM audience”. From it: …..” Obama continued his passive-aggressive pitch at Woodward…..” Yes, that appears to be his style. Like I wrote before, he can not deliver a joke without malice and unkindness. A petty person.

RickW March 11, 2013 at 8:29 am

He’s delivering another joke with the Susan Rice candidacy, Swedishlady. She was thrown under the bus for Sec of State (rightly) but now re-appears. I understand taking care of your friends but……Could he be a little less obvious about it?

pianogirl88 March 11, 2013 at 11:29 am

Q. “Could he be a little less obvious about it?”
A. No

gracepmc March 11, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Rick, a quibble. I do not think Obama has friends. Just useful idiots.

RickW March 11, 2013 at 1:39 pm

Upon further review http://www.theobamafile.com/_associates/ObamaAssociates.htm I agree with you, Grace!

cincycinco March 11, 2013 at 8:38 am

“Some in GOP skeptical of Obama outreach . . . Washington Times”

Really? Why do you suppose that is?

“Susan Rice top pick for National Security Advisor . . . Washington Post”
After the GOP has made it clear that her open lying SHOULD disqualify her from ANY National post,

“Cuts gives Obama path to curb military . . . New York Times”
Always attacking the Country’s military preparedness, which Republicans who care about the Country seek to preserve – usually so he can shift money to some vote-purchasing “socal” program,

“Obama disses New Media to MSM audience . . . Daily Caller”
Because they don’t toe the Democrat party line of “Obama Good, Republican BAD!”,

“A moderate voice at the Energy Department? . . . Jazz Shaw”
Noteworthy if so, because there IS none now. Obama’s idea of “Moderate” is slightly to the left of Stalin.

And that’s just in THIS article. I’m sure you can find several OTHER reasons for “Some in GOP (being) skeptical of Obama outreach”.

The only ones who AREN’T skeptical of his, eh, “outreach” are the RINOS and his waterboys like Mitch McConnell and John McCain – and, lest we forget, Weeping Johnny Boehner. They are only interested in preserving their OWN jobs, so they server the Emperor nicely by keeping the TRUE conservative voices squelched whenever they call Obama out on one of his more transparent “calumniations”.

And “Skeptical”? THAT’S putting it mildly! I wouldn’t trust him to tell me the correct time, were I a Republican Representative. He’s elevated partisanship into an art form, so I seriously doubt he’s suddenly seen the light.

The GOP should only have two words with Obama. They are as true now as they were when they were spoken.

“YOU LIE!” – Joe Wilson

(side note; notice that the ever-helpful John McCain was more than happy to run out to the media and slap his “fellow Republican” down for saying what we were all thinking. I think McC is STILL so angry that his Democrat Lite strategy didn’t work, that he doesn’t want ANYONE ELSE in the Republican party to be sucessful. Kind of like Carter is with Democrats, but less self-righteous.)

Lie. It’s who Obama is, what he does, and how he governs. And, as long as the people who vote their race to exclusion of all else, and those who vote to enjoy the ill-gotten gains of the Government’s taking of legally earned private property from other people – something they would get 3-to-5 for if they did it on their own – it will continue to work for him.

God help us all.

DeniseVB March 11, 2013 at 9:02 am

Obama just can’t quit Susan Rice :D

gracepmc March 11, 2013 at 12:51 pm

That’s because with President I Am Not A Dictator Obama it is not about the country it is about being right.

Susan Rice is a hack with a fondness for African dictators. And it is too kind to say she does not stand with Israel. Plus she perjured herself.

That said, I do not know if she is believes, as does Kerry and Admiral Locklear, Commander of US Pacific Forces, that climate change is our biggest security threat. If she does not then perhaps Ms. Rice will not make the cut as top NSA.

Star March 11, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Maybe as National Security Adviser she can learn about..you know…national security.

gracepmc March 11, 2013 at 3:04 pm

Unfortunately Rice can do far more damage to the country as NSA than as Secretary of State where at least some of what she says is public.

And I am not all that convinced that Rice’s primary concern is national security no matter the position she holds.

Otis Driftwood March 11, 2013 at 9:31 am

This one made my morning – MO’s hashtag was hijacked for today’s Twitter :Let’s Move” meeting

Well done! And their not taking any prisoners too.

Susan March 11, 2013 at 11:01 am

Love it! Good to know that Benghazi will not ever be forgotten by conservatives.

Susan March 11, 2013 at 10:54 am

“Thirteen hours that changed the GOP”

Excellent article by Mr. Curl. In my opinion, the civil war within the GOP is on. Nary a peep about Senator Rand’s historic filibuster on the Sunday news shows. Instead, the GOP trotted Jeb Bush around the block. Not gonna happen again. I’ll never again hold my nose and vote for another moderate Republican. The establishment GOP can either join us in our fight for the Constitution or prepare to wander in the wilderness when the base abandons them.

Julie Brueckheimer March 11, 2013 at 12:32 pm

I read that article too. Damn good! I loved the analogy of the young Alpha pups leading the pack while the old dogs were dining with the President. (Obama throwing them bones to continue the analogy.)

You and I are so on the same wave length: the press, almost in a panic mode about the young bloods rising in the Republican Party, desperately trying to bolster an establishment type for 2016. It makes you think that that is what they fear most, a change in the GOP. I have a lot of nerve, I suppose, saying this as an independent, but I really want to see the new conservatives take over the Republican Party and not go the way of a third party.

Star March 11, 2013 at 1:14 pm

I think it was more that the press had to start trashing Jeb early.

RickW March 11, 2013 at 1:48 pm

In another time, I could see myself voting for Jeb but, given the media pressure Star points out and this subliminal hatred of all that is “Bush”, he’s a wasted vote. Ryan/Paul/”other” in 2016!