Kennedy Never Said He Was a Jelly Doughnut!

by Keith Koffler on February 22, 2013, 3:58 pm

Thought you might like this website, Angry History. It’s new and promises to be a good one.

The Kennedy quote is part of a list of ten statements that are commonly attributed to various presidents – but which they never said.

I’m sure President Obama would like to get on the list for a few of his accidentally revealing remarks. Not to mention Vice President Biden and his endless series of whoppers.

srdem65 February 22, 2013 at 4:13 pm

Thanks for the link. I’ll keep checking until I see…… SarahPalin never said she could see Russia from her home in Alaska.

Susan February 22, 2013 at 7:04 pm

Don’t hold your breath, srdem.

Angry History Podcast February 24, 2013 at 10:34 pm

Hi, folks. We are a podcast about all things history, not just quotes. But yes, we are aware that Governor Palin didn’t say that line, but it was Tina Fey. We wouldn’t be much good if we didn’t remember something that occurred so recently. This list was just for presidents on Presidents Day, but we’ll certainly keep listing those things and this misconception — as strange as it seems since it’s so very recent — we’ll put at the top of the list.

Angry History Podcast February 24, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Please see below. Yes, we’re aware that this was Tina Fey. Governor Palin did mention that you can see Russia from parts of Alaska, but of course it was Tina Fey who made this statement. That hasn’t stopped the myth from getting out there.

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 4:18 pm

Sorry, Kennedy did say, “I am a doughnut.” Ein Berliner is a type of doughnut. He should have said, “Ich bin Berliner”, not “Ich bin ein Berliner.”

Now, when Obama went to Berlin in 2008 before he was elected President, he could have said (incorrectly like Kennedy), “Ich bin ein Amerikaner” which is a doughnut with half white frosting/half chocolate frosting.

Lizzy February 22, 2013 at 5:44 pm

Yes he did say ‘I am a doughnut’. Happens with an overload of the
History Channel and insomnia that I know that.

MarjoJimbo February 22, 2013 at 6:02 pm

Yes, he did. Both of my kids speak German and said it is so, too.

Angry History Podcast February 24, 2013 at 10:32 pm

Hello, folks. Thanks for discussing it, but, as you see from our analysis, it is a myth about JFK, unfortunately given credibility by the New York Times op-ed we cite. Certainly the Mayor of Berlin and his aides, including JFK’s translator from Berlin, would have known if the president was making such a glaring error. It’s simply not true, but it sounds delicious.

DeniseVB February 22, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Here’s a special treat, Michelle dancing on Jimmy Fallon’s show (will be on tonight) ……

Thoughts ?

srdem65 February 22, 2013 at 7:31 pm

well. hmmm. uh-huh.
Who did you say that was, again?

DeniseVB February 22, 2013 at 7:54 pm

I’m sure she’ll be hosting SNL before long, sigh.

Fallon posted the clip to his facebook page, I’m still at a loss for words …. my head is empty of snark, meowing, compliments, nothing. Her husband is warning us against the budget cuts with doomsday scenarios and this is the best way to use taxpayer money at this time ?

I’m stunned.

srdem65 February 22, 2013 at 8:03 pm

.She’s certainly very limber.

Lizzy February 23, 2013 at 8:13 am

I hate when I’m snarkless guess my head exploded one time too
many. I’m flummoxed.

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 8:24 pm

Someone on youtube commented that she is the coolest First Lady since Nancy Reagan. One of those spray-on-the-screen moments.

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 8:25 pm

Am I on the wrong post?

DeniseVB February 23, 2013 at 10:04 am

Nope. You should have seen the slobbering comments on Fallon’s facebook post. I swear, it’s OFA hard at work, they all sound the same with their Best First Lady Evah! She Rocks! What a cool First Lady! I love her so much ! Ugh. Do you see the pattern? OFA Spambots :D

AZ Granny February 23, 2013 at 1:34 am

geez louise. It’s disgusting to see the FLOTUS hip bumping on tv. Does she not have any sense of decorum? And what is with her and Fallon? Remember how they had the potato sack races all over the WH? sheesh… Perhaps I should be happy she enjoyed her trip on our dime but I’m just worn down by all the fear mongering her husband is doing about the sequester he asked for and signed into law.

As for Angry History, that looks to be an interesting website.

Lizzy February 23, 2013 at 8:11 am

Soon anything Obama related will be required TV all channels except
Fox will show the Dear Leaders at play. Fox will be off the air as is the
wish of the Obamabots

MarjoJimbo February 23, 2013 at 9:27 am

Why happened to the dignity of the presidential office?

But hey, it works. Mr. Obama’s approval rating is over 50 percent.

ImNoDhimmi February 23, 2013 at 9:39 am

Barry and Me-Chelle don’t know the meaning of the word “dignity”.

DeniseVB February 23, 2013 at 10:00 am

Unbelievable his numbers are that high. Guess the Blame the Evil Republicans works for him and his low information supporters.

Wish the GOP would push back harder. I know Rand Paul and a few others are calling out Obama’s b.s., but they’re not getting any coverage, except on the conservative blogs.

Star February 23, 2013 at 11:57 am

I think the dignity card was trumped when he had firefighters the feds don’t even pay put down the hoses, dress up, and play wallpaper for this threats against the American people.

Aileen February 22, 2013 at 9:24 pm

Utter Narcissism.

Aileen February 22, 2013 at 10:02 pm

The comments on youtube are very supportive of this clip. Have the commenters reached voting age? I am sad and sickened about the loss of dignity and self respect within our country as exemplified in this clip.

DeniseVB February 22, 2013 at 10:08 pm

Someone mentioned this in an earlier thread, here’s the history … LOL !

Not Nabob February 22, 2013 at 10:54 pm

As one of WHD’s avid followers I say: How in the heck do they know? They weren’t there.

B4dHGuzLBJ2WD June 29, 2013 at 5:56 am

940750 490773Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading through your blog posts. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects? Thank you so much! 132734