Obama Schedule || Friday, February 22, 2013

by Keith Koffler on February 21, 2013, 10:53 pm

10:15 am || Receives the Presidential Daily Briefing
11:00 am || Attends the Democratic Governors’ Association meeting; Eisenhower Executive Office Building
12:15 pm || Holds a bilateral meeting with Prime Minister Shinzo Abe of Japan
1:15 pm || Lunch with Prime Minister Abe

All times Eastern
Live stream of Carney briefing at 11:30 am

Not Nabob February 21, 2013 at 11:15 pm

My question?
Will his most Arrogance attend the Republican Governors’ Association meeting?

sargent doucche February 22, 2013 at 2:57 am

Swedishlady February 22, 2013 at 4:00 am

Thank you for the post on the absurdities in Obamaland. Excellent.
By the way, I think that the looming sequestration finally has the President cornered. Do I trace some nervousness ?
Charles Krauthammer said that the sequestration is the most ridiculously hyped Apocalypse since the Mayan Calendar. But this is obviously the way O rules. He divides, lies, creates a crisis and then uses it. Now I hope that the Republicans will just wait, stay cool, let it happen and then “use” the crisis. Start a real tough blamegame. Anything can happen but it just can´t go on like this with the destructive Obamanomics. Please, through a wrench in the wheels of the Obama Juggernaut.

Swedishlady February 22, 2013 at 8:03 am

Oh dear, I meant to write ” throw a wrench”.

Jeff1000 February 22, 2013 at 7:50 am

Pardon my digression, but I had a thought. One of the realizations I’ve had on my road to conservatism is that, while thinking about my friends, I realized that I enjoyed partying and enjoying life with liberals, but I sure as heck didn’t want these types of people running the country, or running anything really.

Thinking about this further, the government should protect and enable the people to live in freedom by governing with conservativism to sustain and protect the freedom of the people. As it stands today, everything is upside-down. The government class has the freedom and advantages that should be the province of the people. The government class has the freedom and the people are having their backs broken by mandates, regulations and laws that the ruling class are largely immune from. Instead of the government enabling, protecting, and serving the the people, the people are are slaves to the government, serving the government. Everything is upside down.

My group of liberal friends know how to party, live-it-up, and exclude anyone who might try to put a damper on the good times. If my friends ran the government everyone would be excluded except other liberals, and damn everyone else. The government would live it up at the expense of everyone else. People like my immature liberal friends are running the government.

Swedishlady February 22, 2013 at 8:21 am

Jeff, good points. It´s a little like the old Soviet nomenclature. They had special stores with imported goods and a datja by the sea, the rest had to do with ersatz goods and a crammy, depressing apartment . And the state controlled media never said anything about it ( yet the downtrodden, cynical population somehow knew about it ). Yes, the US seems to be upside-down nowadays. It´s “let´s pretend not to see the billionaire friends, the luxury life, the travels, the expenses. Let´s just listen to the pearls of wisdom that comes from their lips.”

Jeff1000 February 22, 2013 at 8:46 am

Swedishlady, thanks for the kind words. I struggled to make a coherent argument, but you filled-in some of the blanks for me. Thanks again.

Shofar February 22, 2013 at 9:36 am

Dear Lady,

Since you are so close to “Mother Russia” and therefore probably have a much keener ear to what once was the Soviet mentality, you are so correct in your assessment.

America is quickly becoming a land of номенклату́ра (Nomenklatura) and the аппара́тчик (Apparatchik). We, the governed, have allowed, by our own inaction, the rise of a super-elite to rule over us. We have willingly abdicated personal responsibilities for a life promised to bring panem et circenses.

To quote Santayana: “Kto nie pamięta historii wiąże się przeżyć to jeszcze raz” or “den som inte minns historien är skyldig att leva igenom det igen” (if my Swedish is correct). Translation: “the one who does not remember history is bound to live through it again”

Swedishlady February 22, 2013 at 10:17 am

Shofar, a great quote and yes, your Swedish is correct. Many more quality history-lessons in schools !

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 10:49 am

Molodyets! I have been calling our bureaucrats appartchiki for years, but this country has increasingly become to resemble the old Soviet union.

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 12:07 pm

U, capital U

Jeff1000 February 22, 2013 at 12:32 pm

This explains where we’re headed, Agenda21:

Langley Spook February 22, 2013 at 7:51 am

Mr. Koffler,

Anymore “off the record meetings with journalists” scheduled?

So, say something ‘bad’ about Obama = off the record meeting to smack the WH press corps back in line…?

Shofar February 22, 2013 at 8:09 am

I would love to be a fly on the wall as Obama talks with Shinzo Abe.

Shinzo: Mr. President, what are we going to do about N. Korea’s nuclear program and its provocation in the Asian theater?

Obama: I love Asian theater. Kabuki dancing is really cool!

Shinzo: Mr. President, what are we going to do about global Chinese aggression?

Obama: Oh, Abe, honest Abe, we can’t do anything about the Chinese. We owe them too much money. I suggest that you get your people to buy more Chinese products.

Shinzo: Mr. President, what are we going to do about the youth in Asia that are adrift, with little or no future due to the global, economic downturn?

Obama: Euthanasia? See, that’s why we passed Obamacare! When people get old, or have some disease that’s expensive to treat we’ll just refer them to our review panels to determine how long they’re going to be allowed to live.

Shinzo: Mr. President, is the Congress willing to pass another Gulf of Tonkin type resolution that will give you the power to help Japan in the event of N. Korea or China becoming aggressive towards my country?

Obama: Golf of Tonkin? I don’t think I’ve played there! Is it a nice course? The next time I’m in Japan,, can you arrange for me to play 45 holes there? Of course you guys will have to pick up the green fees and pay for the caddy.

Obama: I know there’s a Momiji Japanese right down on H Street. Why? What difference does it make?

Shinzo: Oy vey!

Shofar February 22, 2013 at 8:12 am

Some how a line got deleted – insert line:

“Shinzo: Mr. President do you even know where Japan is?” right after Golf of Tonkin.

CiscoKid February 22, 2013 at 8:40 am

” Golf of Tonkin “, that one cost me half a cup of coffee, : – )

Car in February 22, 2013 at 9:05 am

Ha ha ha …

Julie Brueckheimer February 22, 2013 at 10:51 am

Brilliant.

Just2old February 22, 2013 at 8:13 am

Sushi for lunch?

cincycinco February 22, 2013 at 11:47 am

Maybe Obama would go for sushi if you used spiny dogfish…