Jarrett Admits: No Talks with GOP This Year on Sequester

by Keith Koffler on February 13, 2013, 12:13 pm

White House senior adviser Valerie Jarrett admitted to NBC Today’s Savannah Guthrie that despite his avowed determination to avoid the upcoming fiscal cliff, President Obama hasn’t had a single discussion about it this year with Republicans.

Notice how Jarrett initially tried to dodge the question but Guthrie, in an unusual move for a reporter these days, makes sure to nail her down.

Misscheryl February 13, 2013 at 1:02 pm

barry doesn’t work. period. The only thing he puts any effort into is golf. Oh and eating.

Langley Spook February 13, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I LUV reading “WhiteHouseDossier”…but I am coming to realize what I read-comment here on “WHD” means NOTHING!!! when it comes to Obama or this “Government”…
I post some bitchy comments here on WHD and send emails to my “Senators” & “Congressman”, and NO ONE listens/cares…
Is ‘democracy’ dead?

Star February 13, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Yeah–I know. It’s just venting. Still, I resist thinking these bland, pompous dopes have out-thought almost half the population–esp including me and some people here.

srdem65 February 13, 2013 at 2:08 pm

Ah, MrSpook, I’ve long suspected that our elected officals lose perspective the minute they cross the threshold of whichever chamber they call their workplace. They forget where they came from and who they represent and long for national fame.

My two Senators, MrMcCain and MrFlake, both Repubs from a state that has twice as many non-Hispanic Whites (60-30% and has always been against any amnesty or legal path to citizenship for illegal aliens, now sit on a committee to give these criminals just that.
We here in Arizona should not have to call or write these two representatives about this issue, they already know how we feel.
Doesn’t make any difference when they step over that threshold…………
Don’t lose the faith, don’t be discouraged. Events will make the difference and our country will not be lost.

Julie Brueckheimer February 13, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Well, I always appreciate your comments, and if nothing else, it gives moral support to each other to let off steam. I am an ‘independent’ (lower case i), but I’m beginning to feel that nothing will happen unless the Tea Party, instead of backing down, takes over the Republican Party. Even should the Republicans win the Senate in 2014, we can’t have someone as Majority Leader like McConnell. I cast no aspersion on his character, but at best, he’s living in the past.

Langley Spook February 13, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Valerie Jarrett = ROMULAN.

cincycinco February 13, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Not a Romulan. Romulans would NEVER cut the military, actually place value on merit and have a code of honor…

By the way, “Rihannsu” means “Romulan” below. It’s complicated.

Anyway,

“The ‘mnhei’sahe’ – code of honor and behaviour

The ‘mnhei’sahe’ influences the whole private and official life of the Rihannsu and works as reglementation for contacts with other Rihannsu or Aliens. Outsiders often have difficulties understanding this complexe code of honor (Duane, D., Morwood, P.: The Romulan Way). It has nothing in common with the warrior code of honor cherished by the Klingons. Some deeds may be for Humans or Klingons the summit of dishonest behaviour and the display of treacherous, evil minds, but nonetheless these deeds give honor and renown for a Rihanha, if the Empire and the duty to dominate the galaxy are fulfilled. A word given to another Rihanha is always of high importance…”

Nope, doesn’t sound like ANYONE in the Obama White House.

Please stop insulting Romulans!

Langley Spook February 13, 2013 at 8:21 pm

I deeply apologize (I am a HUGE Trek fan)

I only say that because ValJar looks like a ‘Romulan’

Blair February 13, 2013 at 1:55 pm

Slum lord and her Chitown puppet. Paul Robeson had the same role.

srdem65 February 13, 2013 at 2:15 pm

There are a lot of us who suspect that MrObama avoids talking to anyone in Congress(even those of his own party) about anything because 1. he believes that they should do what he decrees, or 2. he’s intimidated by their intellect and grasp of all the ins and outs of any issue.

Jeff1000 February 13, 2013 at 2:38 pm

My idea too. How can one be a dictator and consult with anyone?

DeniseVB February 13, 2013 at 3:04 pm

I think Paul Ryan intimidates him the most.

Susan February 13, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I’ve always thought he was Chance the Gardener from “Being There”. The dumb and illiterate gardener who morphed into Chauncey Gardner, influential political confidant.

President “Bobby”: Mr. Gardner, do you agree with Ben, or do you think that we can stimulate growth through temporary incentives?
[Long pause]
Chance the Gardener: As long as the roots are not severed, all is well. And all will be well in the garden.
President “Bobby”: In the garden.
Chance the Gardener: Yes. In the garden, growth has it seasons. First comes spring and summer, but then we have fall and winter. And then we get spring and summer again.
President “Bobby”: Spring and summer.
Chance the Gardener: Yes.
President “Bobby”: Then fall and winter.
Chance the Gardener: Yes.
Benjamin Rand: I think what our insightful young friend is saying is that we welcome the inevitable seasons of nature, but we’re upset by the seasons of our economy.
Chance the Gardener: Yes! There will be growth in the spring!
Benjamin Rand: Hmm!
Chance the Gardener: Hmm!
President “Bobby”: Hm. Well, Mr. Gardner, I must admit that is one of the most refreshing and optimistic statements I’ve heard in a very, very long time.
[Benjamin Rand applauds]
President “Bobby”: I admire your good, solid sense. That’s precisely what we lack on Capitol Hill.

TimW February 13, 2013 at 3:58 pm

My personal belief is that Obama does not interact with Congress due to the fact the he is so arrogant that he feels Congress should just shut up and do what he decrees. He also is intimidated because he is so lacking in knowledge and real world experience that he comes off as a dolt to anyone who has experience in any given field.

Misscheryl February 13, 2013 at 2:41 pm

I have a technical question. Why do some comments seem to disappear on here and then show up later? I don’t see a place to “log on” so I’m confused I guess about whether I’m doing something wrong.

srdem65 February 13, 2013 at 3:14 pm

When MrKoffler steps away from the super computer, his cat takes advantage of his absence and steps on the keyboard. His furry paws hit the Enter/Shift/PageUp keys at the same time so pffft!.

When MrKoffler returns to his post, he notices that no one has commented on anything he wrote, so he hits his Space Bar and it all reappears.

happens to me, too. dang cat.

Star February 13, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I don’t know what you two did wrong–this has never happened to me…LOL.

Misscheryl February 13, 2013 at 3:31 pm

Next question – how do you make it stop.

Julie Brueckheimer February 13, 2013 at 3:48 pm

Cats rule!

Corey February 13, 2013 at 4:25 pm

Mr. Kopfler should get a dog. They’re much cooler!

Girly1 February 13, 2013 at 2:52 pm

Jarrett: No meetings this year, but the last two weeks we have been ‘gearing up and preparing…”

The only things that are being ‘geared up’ are the engines on AF1… in preparation for Obama’s daily getaways/escapes.

Dawn February 13, 2013 at 4:03 pm

Dittos, Girly1. preeeezy sure loves traveling on his “spiffy ride”!

MarjoJimbo February 13, 2013 at 5:07 pm

And purchasing ammunition for whatever reason.

William February 13, 2013 at 3:19 pm

Nor will there be any. After all, the Republicans tricked him by agreeing to his proposal for sequestration. The nerve!

Julie Brueckheimer February 13, 2013 at 3:46 pm

I forgot to ask if anyone on WHD noticed any references to Abraham Lincoln in the SOTU last night. I swore not to watch, but I am curious about that. Any comparisons of The Won to Honest Abe?

Susan February 13, 2013 at 4:32 pm

Read the transcript of his boring speech and he doesn’t reference Lincoln from what I recall, Julie. In my opinion, every Obot should be required to read the transcripts of his speeches. Absent the mellifluous cadence of his voice, they might just realize the guy is an empty vessel. His speech was basically a bunch of hooey filled with lies and false promises.

Julie Brueckheimer February 13, 2013 at 5:43 pm

The O’bots are not thinking people: they probably would eat up the empty promises anyway.

RT February 14, 2013 at 12:39 am

Yes, so true! I am a sheep, one of many. We will mindlessly follow the great one over the cliff. As well fall, we will clutch to the last remaining strands of Government services while shaking our free fist at the 1%, who will sadly watch us fall.

As they turn from the cliff, the 1% will look to any remaining life forms who were not fooled. The far right smile back. A new system of free enterprise will be born. All that is now needed, is a new working class.

Hmmm, wonder who will be mowing the lawns and delivering the pizzas… Ah… I am at peace…

gracepmc February 14, 2013 at 1:12 am

Drivel.

RT February 14, 2013 at 9:25 am

Gracepmc – you reading Susan and Julie too? ;)

Brrrrrrr. Cold outside…

csd February 14, 2013 at 11:35 am

She was doing her nails ?