Pelosi to Use Fourth Grader as Prop at SOTU for Gun Control

by Keith Koffler on February 12, 2013, 10:14 am

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) will lurch for viewers’ heartstrings tonight when she brings a fourth grade girl from Newtown, Connecticut to watch the State of the Union.

The fourth grader will be used as a young prop to help Democrats make the point that Congress should pass sweeping gun control legislation this year.

The ploy is reminiscent of President Obama’s use of children at a White House gun control event in January to help manipulate emotions in favor of his policies.

The fourth grader attends school in Newtown, though not the Sandy Hook Elementary School, where the massacre of children and their teachers occurred. She was invited after she wrote a letter to Pelosi in which she described an online petition she had started asking Obama and lawmakers to enact gun control measures.

Other members of Congress are also bringing victims of gun control violence to the speech, though it’s not clear if any will be children, and none will have as high-profile a perch as the one given a guest of Pelosi.

Unless the president surprises with his own kid prop.

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

Julie Brueckheimer February 12, 2013 at 10:18 am

Lady Obama will have Cleopatra Pendleton, the mother of Hadiya, at her side, and I’m sure the timing of the Congressional Medal of Honor presentation yesterday will mean that the recipient is also up there in the balcony with her.

DeniseVB February 12, 2013 at 10:50 am

Ooops, that child’s death was just a mistake :( Tragic.

Now what would really send a message is invite the parents (if they can find them) of the two gang members to sit with FLOTUS. That’s the real problem.

Susan February 12, 2013 at 11:05 am

If they can find them is right. Many of the street thugs of Chicago are feral children. They are lucky if they have one absentee parent, much less a nurturing home with a mother and father.

Just2old February 12, 2013 at 3:35 pm

Why doesn’t Pelosi just hold up a sign with abortion percentages if she’s so worried about the kids? 40% of pregnancies among
white women, 67% among blacks and 53% among Hispanics are unintended and end in abortion.

RT February 12, 2013 at 10:53 am

Funny? Not really… Maybe you should bone up on selective perception Julie. An example that would not be a stretch for some on this Blog.

Mother Teresa appears out of nowhere at the STOTUA. If she sat next to Democrat, it would be a shameless exploitation.

If she sat next to one of “yours”, it would be a positive and reinforcing sign from heaven.

DeniseVB February 12, 2013 at 12:56 pm

Actually, Mother Teresa would be a step up for the Obamas’ guest list, but they don’t have a compassionate agenda, so it would never happen.

Julie Brueckheimer February 12, 2013 at 3:35 pm

My intention was not to be funny, and I’m a non-affiliated voter so I don’t know who one of ‘mine’ would be. Maybe someone who has been out of work for three years and has fallen through the cracks. Yes, that’s who one of mine would be.

RT February 12, 2013 at 4:42 pm

Julie,

So much for intentions…

William February 12, 2013 at 10:21 am

They can throw all the kids up there they want. No number of children will convince me that I should disarm and have my family at the mercy of those who would do them harm.

AZ Granny February 12, 2013 at 11:10 am

Well said.

srdem65 February 12, 2013 at 12:20 pm

The progressives want our firearms so badly they can hardly see straight. They have sunk to where the explotation of children is acceptable if they can sway someone to their program.
If they can’t get our firearms, they want to know who has them and where they live.

The most likely change they can hope for is a registry of firearm owners and background checks for potential buyers. There’s no evidence that any gun control legislation has prevented the criminal or insane from having access to any firearm.
If the US were to ban/outlaw any and all firearms held by it’s citizens, it would only be a matter of time before the black market would supply the honest and dishonest with any firearm they could afford.

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 10:23 am

On the up side, I’ve read that Ted Nugent will be there as well.

RT February 12, 2013 at 10:54 am

Yes, upside indeed.

Susan February 12, 2013 at 10:58 am

Won’t be watching, but glad there will be at least a few pro-constitutionalists there. He’ll be a guest of Rep. Steve Stockman (R-Texas). He’s the freshman rep who threatened to file articles of impeachment if Preezy Revenge imposes gun control by executive fiat.

The leftist blogs sure do have their panties in a wad over Ted’s attendance; however, true to form, they are mum about the left using children as props for their anti-constitutional agenda.

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 11:04 am

The left isn’t used to conservatives pushing back. Now that we do, they are kicking and screaming and holding their breath. Emotionally stunted, dysfunctional lefties. Immoral deviants but we won’t stop. We won’t back down. We won’t quit and they can’t stand it.

stefie February 12, 2013 at 2:08 pm

The GOP is not fighting back. They have been castrated and have no courage what so ever. My dream is to see the ENTIRE GOP walk out while obama is eviscerating them.

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 2:29 pm

I never said the GOP – I said conservatives and in my mind, it’s not the same thing.

Moe February 12, 2013 at 11:05 am
RT February 12, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Susan – any true Leftie, define as you wish, is just tickled pink, pun intended, when some whacko on the far right behaves in such a manner…

Sure, they’ll feign indignation, but will relish in the tactical moment and use the mis-step as a stick to pummel the GOP.

The Left does not own the IPR on this common political tactic. Paraphrased from memory – “Never interrupt the enemy while they are in the process of making a mistake.”

Susan February 12, 2013 at 7:25 pm

“Tickled pink”? Doesn’t surprise me. One of the goals of the left is to emasculate the American man. Easier to conquer girly-man nation.

RT February 12, 2013 at 9:15 pm

Wow, you got the pun! I need not worry about your powers of deduction. Now, let’s work on your anger and hostility…. ;).

Must be a bitch to wake up each day and be you… We can work on some breathing exercises first…

Susan February 13, 2013 at 11:03 am

Why are you statists, leftists, or whatever you call yourselves, always trying to tell others how to live their lives? Better to be a freedom-loving individual than a slave to the government like you. Also unlike you, my only savior is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Danceswithtruth February 13, 2013 at 11:47 am

I have come to the realization that RT is final authority on all truth and will dissect the tiniest of words, while telling you what your intentions are/were. Course a few disparaging words are thrown in right before…..”peace out.” I don’t intend to feed him/her any longer. I have no desire to prop up the ego of anyone any longer, no matter who they may be.

Susan February 13, 2013 at 12:05 pm

You are absolutely right, Danceswithtruth. I’m going to try to resist the urge to feed the troll any longer as well.

FLDemFem February 12, 2013 at 11:31 am

Any bets on whether the SS gives Mr. Nugent a thorough cavity search?

srdem65 February 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

I confess, I have no idea why that is a big deal to anyone.

srdem65 February 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm

oops, reply ^^^ to Misscheryl

RickW February 12, 2013 at 10:41 am

Child abuse
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

“Child abuse is the physical, sexual or emotional mistreatment or neglect of a child or children.[1] In the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Department for Children And Families (DCF) define child maltreatment as any act or series of acts of commission or omission by a parent or other caregiver that results in harm, potential for harm, or threat of harm to a child.[2] Child abuse can occur in a child’s home, or in the organizations, schools or communities the child interacts with. There are four major categories of child abuse: neglect, physical abuse, psychological or emotional abuse, and sexual abuse.”

I’d say the SOTU use of children qualifies as emotional abuse. Their parents are the ones I blame more than Dear Leader and his Space Cadets

Shofar February 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

Has anyone else noticed that the Dems are using children, the aged, and the weakest among us as shields for their agenda, not unlike the Jihadist/Islamist in Gaza and other parts of the Middle East.

Sometimes I don’t know if I’m reading about America or some radical Hamas sponsored organization. Is this part of the Alinsky playbook or have the take a page from radical Islam?

RT February 12, 2013 at 10:48 am

The young, the aged, the poor… Wait, wrong book. Shofar. Check your closet. You never know.

stefie February 12, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Don’t forget they use Gabby Giffords as well.

Scottso February 12, 2013 at 2:38 pm

It’s almost as if they feel the cliche, “out of the mouths of babes” is what should pass for laws and decision making.

There is a reason you have to be at least 25 years old to join this exclusive club.

Kids say remarkable things and are often on point…
but there is a reason kids shouldn’t run the world.

movedtothefarm February 12, 2013 at 10:44 am

I just need to know what ‘word’ or ‘phrase’ to take a swig of my drink – cause that is the only way I’ll get through listening to the bunch of lies Bo will be spewing in the SOTUA.

Star February 12, 2013 at 10:54 am

“investment”

Star February 12, 2013 at 10:55 am

Just the thought of this dog and pony makes me tired.

DeniseVB February 12, 2013 at 10:54 am

I’m going to save a lot of time, frustration and booze by NOT watching :D

James Riman February 12, 2013 at 11:19 am

I am not watching this fiasco. I can read about it tomorrow.

Dawn February 12, 2013 at 11:47 am

Steve Green aka Vodkapundit will be “drunk blogging” at PJMedia! That is where I will be!

DeniseVB February 12, 2013 at 1:00 pm

Good to know ! Love Vodkapundit’s drunkblogging, fun read.

Playrighter February 12, 2013 at 11:46 am

How about Citizens United, and how many times our Lord and Savior castigates those who would shamefully exploit this decision for their own evil political ends.

Oh, wait. That would now be Obama and his eternal campaign.

Moe February 12, 2013 at 11:07 am

HGTV for me, I’ll be dreaming of a new kitchen Baseball season can’t get here fast enough for me.

DeniseVB February 12, 2013 at 1:02 pm

I think Big Bang Theory has Tuesday night marathons on one of the cable channels :D

Kimbly February 12, 2013 at 11:16 am

I’ve watched maybe one or two SOTUs over the last three presidents. Nothing but a dog and pony show. It is NOT supposed to be the circus it’s turned into. How are any of these generalized speeches “updating” congress on anything that’s really going on? It’s all pandering to the masses now.

Kimbly February 12, 2013 at 11:17 am

Is it an accident that I always read SOTU as STFU?

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 11:21 am

Nah, it’s freudian. I do it too.

Playrighter February 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

Obama may nod off during this one, like he did during the prayer breakfast, as he’s got a really busy schedule today, unlike previous SOTU days, when his entire public schedule began at 9 PM (or thereabouts) when he entered the chamber for his speech.

Today, he also has a Daily Briefing (mysteriously still being done, even after Romney stopped getting his). So he may be worn out by tonight.

PS: Does anyone know what “public schedule” actually means? His inauguration — one of the most public events on the planet, took place on a day when the White House page said “no public schedule”.

Susan February 12, 2013 at 12:23 pm

Preezy Revenge never nods off during one of his own agitprop sessions. Nothing gets him more energized than talking about his favorite subject – himself. To add to his excitement will be the statists in his audience, who will mindlessly stand and clap like trained seals when he reaches his mellifluous crescendos.

Girly1 February 12, 2013 at 11:28 am

Instilling fear into hearts and minds of little children is a form of child abuse, IMO, As a parent, I would never permit my child to participate in this sham. But for the hypocrite-in-chief to parade the innocents around for political gain is scurrilous. The Grifters have no shame, morals or ethics. Why don’t they invite the young mother who hid her twins in a closet and shot a home invader when he opened the closet door? Now there’s a hero!

On another note, I see that Apple CEO, Tim Cook, will be joining the 3 ring circus. I wonder if anyone remembers last year’s SOTU where the widow of Steve Jobs was sitting next to the FLATUS. It was an extraordinary move …since her husband despised Obama and everything he stands for. After meeting Obama just before he died, Jobs said he ‘was not into communal economics’. He warned Obama that he would be a one-term POTUS if he didn’t loose up his economic policies. Obama ignored his advice.

Getting back to my point, the classless POTUS had the chutzpah to stand there in front of the widow and mercilessly attack capitalism – the very system that enabled Jobs to succeed!!! It was shocking.

Read more:

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 11:52 am

Wonder if they’ll invite this person again. Prolly not.

Regina February 12, 2013 at 11:55 am

who else do we know that used the children???? hmmmmm. sick!

cincycinco February 12, 2013 at 1:06 pm

Keep the kid away from Senator Menendez. He has a “No Child Left Behind” policy you DON’T want a piece of…

gracepmc February 12, 2013 at 1:34 pm

Not to be outdone Mooch will bring her very own illegal immigrant to SOTU. As will four Social Democrats. Because-of course – we are a nation of laws. Forward. I’m no fan of Ted Nugent’s style but I would not object to a few citizen’s arrests. Or perhaps we should just have few American legal immigrants and American taxpayer prone on their stomachs so these people can walk all over them on their way to their places of honor. BS

AZ Granny February 12, 2013 at 1:47 pm

No wonder Obama’s schedule was light today with nothing between the PDB and SOTU. He’s hosting a luncheon with his favorite journalists.

“The anchors of all three broadcast evening newscasts — NBC’s Brian Williams, ABC’s Diane Sawyer and CBS’s Scott Pelley — will be in attendance, The Huffington Post has confirmed. Some cable hosts will also be on hand, including MSNBC’s Chris Matthews. George Stephanopoulos, co-host of ABC’s “Good Morning America,” is attending, too.

There will likely be several more guests not yet confirmed. Last year’s lunch also included CNN’s Wolf Blitzer, Fox News’ Bret Baier and Shepard Smith, and NPR’s Melissa Block.

While policy proposals are off-the-record, the menu apparently isn’t. Last year, Smith raved on-air about the menu, which included thyme-roasted sea bass, a three bean succotash and warm lemon pudding. Sadly, he is in Rome this year, covering the Pope’s resignation”

Langley Spook February 12, 2013 at 1:59 pm

I cant stand Shep Smith most days, and last year when he was bragging about the lunch was just obnoxious.

Star February 12, 2013 at 2:21 pm

Yeah–Shep is “must miss.”

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 2:32 pm

As is O’Reilly and Hannity. I barely watch fox anymore.

Susan February 12, 2013 at 3:27 pm

I like Hannity, but have to switch the channel when he has Ann Coulter or Karl “doughboy” Rove on his show. This Friday, Hannity will have Dr. Carson as a guest with a studio audience. That’s one show I won’t miss.

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 4:40 pm

I won’t miss that one either.

RT February 12, 2013 at 6:08 pm

Misscheryl – if you move any more to the right, you will be on the left. The circle of life! ;)

Misscheryl February 12, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Nah…I don’t think so.

Lochlyn Grendelsson February 12, 2013 at 6:51 pm

No body asked me!
I would have gone for the pro-gun bunch – three times in my life, my weapon has either saved me or has stopped a problem from occurring.
Hey, if the left can claim that “guns kill people”, I can claim that “guns saved me”.

SweetOlBob February 13, 2013 at 12:03 am

Criminals and killers always use innocenta and children when they can. So do politicians. So does Hamas and Hezbollah.
There seems to be a common denominator here …………