Obama Schedule || Wednesday, February 6, 2013

by Keith Koffler on February 5, 2013, 9:59 pm

9:50 am || Departs White House
10:10 am || Arrives Annapolis
10:30 am || Attends the Senate Democratic Issues Conference; Westin Annapolis
12:25 pm || Departs Annapolis
12:45 pm || Arrives White House

All times Eastern except as noted
Live stream of Carney briefing at 11:30 am

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

WNY_ROC February 5, 2013 at 10:39 pm

12:20 pm Wakes up
12:40 pm Falls back t sleep

Lizzy February 5, 2013 at 11:57 pm

Whoopsie did we forget to schedule the nano second to read the Presidential
Daily Brief and pretend to care or understand.

Swedishlady February 6, 2013 at 4:43 am

Keith, when are you going to raise your voice about that leaked D o J memo that permits drone strikes to kill even American citizens at whim without evidence ? Obama is to be judge, jury and executioner. I think it is a treacherous beginning of a dangerous, new way of thinking. I read somewhere ( somewhat jokingly but still ) that a government permitting this is a strong argument for Americans to keep their weapons.
Just imagine the MSM reactions if this had been a memo from a Republican White House.

Shofar February 6, 2013 at 7:07 am

Dear Lady,

There once was a time, 30+ years ago that I believed that this government, my government, would never do anything to deliberately harm the American people. I truly believed in the old saying of “Truth, Justice, and the American way” but after years of working for different government agencies at various levels I know longer believe in any of that.

The idea of the US government using drones to kill terrorist overseas was at first a “neat idea” but now we have targeted our own citizens and deprived them of their civil liberties. How long before this operation is brought to our own shores, and those that DHS has deemed a “threat” to the government (not the country) are eliminated in the same fashion?

We have not started down a slippery slope, we have slid all the way to the bottom. I fear for my fellow citizens who are unwilling to go along with what this administration is pushing.

G-d save the Republic!

Swedishlady February 6, 2013 at 7:22 am

Yes Shofar, a slippery slope, that´s a good word for it. When starting like this, how will it end ? It seems like some members of this government are truly inmoral. And if the US sets this example, other states will follow if they can. The world will be even more unstable and dangerous.

Just2old February 6, 2013 at 7:25 am

What we now have is full-blown tyranny that must be stopped.

Robin H February 6, 2013 at 1:04 pm

It was a cliff, not a slope, and the so-called Rrpublicans in Congress pushed us right over.

Julie Brueckheimer February 6, 2013 at 3:25 pm

It’s a wonder to me, Swedishlady, that the rest of the Arabic countries tolerate Saudi Arabia for their cooperation with the US drone policy among other issues. Aside from that aside, as with nuclear armament, other countries will eventually get the drone technology, and then, God help us.

Shofar February 6, 2013 at 6:48 am

Please say he’s going to take Marine One or drive the 50 miles or so to Annapolis vs. taking AF1 for the trip.

Otis Driftwood February 6, 2013 at 7:35 am

he could always take “the Bus”

Just2old February 6, 2013 at 7:36 am

Looking at the timing = 20 mins I’d say he’s taking Marine One.

Aileen February 6, 2013 at 10:14 am

Please excuse my ignorance…is there a Senate Republican Issues Conference? What specific national issues would concern or pertain exclusively to either Senate group? Why aren’t the Issues collectively those of America – not those that pertain to a specific political party? And yes, I know they meet to discuss election strategies. There is not an honest politician in the entire bunch of our national repesentatives – not one. Shame on all of them.

ol gator February 6, 2013 at 10:47 am

For all the expense of travel, mr. ovomit will only “lecture” about his favorite
his favorite subject: himself … for about an hour then fly back. You’ve heard of the term Texas new money? This country is flipping the bill for “kenyan” new $$$ !

Playrighter February 6, 2013 at 1:15 pm

Actually, there is more to the schedule (and no, it’s not attending a Republican gathering — although Mr. Biden is attending the Democratic House session today, to ensure the partisan perspective in the White House.) At 2:00, Mr. Obama has yet another Personnel Announcement (and yet another chance to see if he can actually show up on time for his own photo op. “Buenos tardies” is becoming his semi-official greeting, while “beginning shortly” is now burned permanently into the White House video screen).

I learned this by going to WhiteHouse.gov, although my computer was smart enough to auto-complete and bring me to this site the first time I put in Whitehouse… Just think if all our nation’s computers could get the same upgrade when searching for that “other” site.