Obama to Call for Fiscal Cliff Delay

by Keith Koffler on February 5, 2013, 12:43 pm

President Obama will call for a small package of spending cuts and tax increases to delay going over the next fiscal cliff.

The automatic, across the board cuts were delayed from their previous due date at the beginning of this year and are now scheduled to take effect March 1.

Obama will announce his proposal during an appearance at the White House at 1:15 pm ET. I will live stream it for you. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney’s briefing will immediately follow Obama’s remarks.

BigSkyBear February 5, 2013 at 1:07 pm

“No, but seriously folks…”

Pass a budget bitchez!

Langley Spook February 5, 2013 at 1:12 pm

Hmmm… Maybe if Government created a real “BUDGET” we wouldnt have this problem?

just sayin…

Otis Driftwood February 5, 2013 at 1:19 pm

he’s just too busy doing so many other things. … am sure he will blame someone for it.

Just2old February 5, 2013 at 1:25 pm

Just delay it and it may just go poo-ff! gone

Lkct February 5, 2013 at 1:57 pm

The WH the other day said they’re not going to bother even trying to propose a budget on any timetable. In the past his budgets got zero votes.

Is this historic or “unprecedented”?

Langley Spook February 5, 2013 at 2:09 pm

or “Unconstitutional”?

Otis Driftwood February 5, 2013 at 2:20 pm

then the Executive Branch should get “zero – $0.00 Dollars”. That would include gas $$ for his motorcade and aircraft fleet, party / entertainment expenses, staff members, cabinet members and czars, etc. If this were a real business, he would have been fired long ago.

Otis Driftwood February 5, 2013 at 2:44 pm

I just read Mr.O is planning a trip over to Israel, West Bank & Jordan come Spring. Maybe he should stay home and take care of the country’s fiscal mess first. And by that I mean it’s 100% completed, delivered, passed and signed.

Star February 5, 2013 at 3:10 pm

I think someone figured that if we just CR’d it with continuing resolutions at the past level, it would cut the deficit amazingly. It’s budgets that allow additions.

Langley Spook February 5, 2013 at 3:15 pm

Do the Israelis want Obama to visit?
(if I was an Israeli I’d tell Obama to ‘get lost’ in Hebrew :-)

Sadie February 5, 2013 at 3:56 pm

להסתלק

pronounced: le-hees-ta-lek, more or less…go away.

BoKnowsMo February 5, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Rules the Obama administration lives by…

1) See can
2) Kick can
3) Repeat

Langley Spook February 5, 2013 at 3:16 pm

*Like* button

udaku marizu February 5, 2013 at 2:55 pm

Michelle Obama should not mind those jealous racist men who are very envious of the black woman’s African heritage. Ask any African man and the answer is that African women with big butts make wonderful homes as well as great mothers! It is also a well-proven fact that they live longer. As a full-blooded African man, give me a big-butted woman anytime. God knows we are very proud of our African women beautiful endowments. Nothing they say or do can ever change this perspective, and that is the very bitter truth they would rather not hear!

Star February 5, 2013 at 3:12 pm

I have a back porch myself…I object to many things about her, hypocrisy, scary clothing choices, a disdainful attitude, etc. But I actually would not call her fat. Where do you come out on the wigs and hair straightening?

csd February 5, 2013 at 3:05 pm

Not ‘kick the can down the road’ but ‘punt the can…

DeniseVB February 5, 2013 at 3:51 pm

Why not a 10% across the board budget cut to ALL the government agencies? That seems pretty fair and balanced to me.

Maybe it’s time to refer to taxpayers as shareholders, might give us a louder VOICE ;) Those who file taxes that is. Refunds just mean you gave the gov’t an interest free loan :) They count too.

Sadie February 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm

Shareholder? I am starting to feel more like a “sharecropper”.

Julie Brueckheimer February 5, 2013 at 4:07 pm

To include the Executive Department, I hope, and specifically WH expenditures.