Obama: I Will Raise Taxes Again, Yes

by Keith Koffler on February 4, 2013, 2:06 pm

In an interview with CBS News anchor Scott Pelley Sunday, President Obama, made it clear he’ll be back in your pocket looking for more of your money.

Have a look-see.

Let me do some translating for you: Revenues means TAXES. I get why Obama doesn’t want to call it taxes, but what’s disgusting is to see a journalist playing along and using the word revenues as well.

Ditto, BTW for investments. This is what’s known in the none-spin world as SPENDING.

You can see from the video where Obama’s focus is. He has specific ideas for raising taxes, but only vague ideas for cutting spending. And the vague notions he offers up suggest he’ll be delivering painless – i.e. meaningless – cuts. That’s what’s meant by “smart spending reduction” and reducing “waste in the system.

IT MEANS HE PLANS TO DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. Unless forced to do otherwise

What’s more, as the country becomes ever more deeply buried in debt, Obama is still talking about adding NEW SPENDING, “like education and research and development that are going to help us grow.”

I know what’s growing:

national debt

The Business February 4, 2013 at 2:13 pm

you should paste that debt widget to the top of this page permanently.

Jesus.

RT February 4, 2013 at 6:41 pm

I like this one… More complex, but includes a mouse-over function.

No excuse me, I need to go vomit…

Sadie February 4, 2013 at 7:02 pm

Get a big bucket. Upper right corner on link gives us a glimpse of 2017.

Star February 4, 2013 at 2:26 pm

This reminds me of an anecdote I once read about a planetarium–the speaker kept going on and on, quite superciliously, about the ins and outs of the universe and Earth. Finally, one person piped up and said, “Well, WE like it.” Pres Obama still has to live here–if he wrecks the country, he better remember he promised to always be rich himself, so he will wreck his own situation.

Star February 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm

Pelley? 60 Minutes again? I used to watch that!

Sadie February 4, 2013 at 2:39 pm

Read the fine print. Haven’t heard of one politician who walked away poorer. The marriage between the voter and politician has always been for “Richer never Poorer”.

Sadie February 4, 2013 at 2:34 pm

I was looking for Pinocchio’s nose. Debt clock works just as well.

RickW February 4, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I think Dear Leader’s ears grow, Sadie….:>)

Sadie February 4, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Oh, that’s what they meant when they told him to “grow a pair”. ; )

RickW February 4, 2013 at 2:48 pm

“Mister President, I’ll say this….you’ve got…..ears!”…..Nah…LMAO

Girly1 February 4, 2013 at 2:47 pm

Wait a minute – isn’t he talking about the Romney plan? Closing loopholes and some spending cuts, but not raising RATES???

Shofar February 4, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Democrats never met a tax they didn’t like or a spending cut they didn’t hate.

RT February 4, 2013 at 6:48 pm

Hah Shofar – right you are. Agreed, so it is with Dems. Tax and Spend Liberals as ole Reagan coined, with great effectiveness. Pretty accurate label.

Now, to play fair, what do Republicans like Reagan do when in office? Well, with Republicans it is NOT “Tax and Spend”: It was just “Spend”. Spend, spend, spend…

Kind a blinding simplicity to it all… lol… ;)

Susan February 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm

Why go all the way back to Reagan for an example of a big spending Republican? Do you know who the two biggest spending presidents in American history are?

Republican George W. Bush – $4 trillion in 8 years.
Democrat Barack H. Obama – $6 trillion in 4 years and climbing.

The Gross National Debt was $10.6 trillion when Obama was crowned in 2008. By 2016 the Gross National Debt is predicted to top $20 trillion and we’re not even talking about unfunded liabilities. Our goose is cooked with the big spending politicos from both sides of the aisle.

RT February 4, 2013 at 8:37 pm

I get this stuff like you do. I have done the math. Like most on here, I have looked at it all the way back to as far as records were kept. I also use deficit expressed as a percentage of GDP as a better expressive measurement, and have cross referenced who owned congress during each presidential period…

Hence, the simplicity expressed in my brief observation. Now that we are all wired globally, I suspect at some point in the next decade or so, “offshore folks” will be getting the middle finger from us…

~ RT

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm

That’s neat–I won’t use the word “cool”. How did you do that? I agree with the person below: you need to make that a permanent feature, upper “left hand” quarter maybe.

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 3:19 pm

I’m poor on directions: I mean the person at the top, The Business.

SAllen February 4, 2013 at 3:28 pm

Agree! Good thought!

Susan February 4, 2013 at 3:35 pm

He doesn’t want to fix our economy, he wants to take US down; that Gross National Debt is just that – gross; and Scott Pelley isn’t a journalist, he’s an obedient sycophant.

Pelley should take a clue from Anne O’Hare McCormick and how wrong she was about Germany’s new leader when she interviewed him for a 1933 front-page NY Times article “Hitler Seeks Jobs for All Germans”. She lobbed softballs to him like, “What character in history do you admire most, Caesar, Napoleon, or Frederick the Great?”. Then with glowing admiration for the little monster, she described him as “a rather shy and simple man, younger than one expects, more robust, taller… His eyes are almost the color of the blue larkspur in a vase behind him, curiously childlike and candid… His voice is as quiet as his black tie and his double-breasted black suit… Herr Hitler has the sensitive hand of the artist.”

cincycinco February 5, 2013 at 8:26 am

“A wonderful ferment was working in Germany. Life seemed more free, more modern, more exciting than in any place I had ever been… Everywhere there was an accent on youth. One sat up with young people all night in the pavement café the plush bars, on a Rhineland steamer or in a smoke-filled artist’s studio and talked endlessly about life… Most Germans one met… struck you as being democratic, liberal, even pacifist. One scarcely heard of Hitler or the Nazis except as butts of jokes ….” – William Shirer, an American journalist living in Berlin, writing in 1928.

AFVet February 4, 2013 at 3:57 pm

The fastest way to get his attention is to ground AF1, except for a national emergency.
Obama, why isn’t it ready for me ?
Air Force, it is Sir.
Obama, I need to go to Nevada to make a speech.
Air Force, The congress has determined that the expenditures you have incurred in the past have exceeded the ability of the American taxpayer to compensate for the use of the aircraft that we pay for.
AF1 is not your personal aircraft, nor are the transports you utilize to transport the vehicles you use to shut down cities across the nation to make inane comments to orchestrated audiences.
Therefore, the congress has determined that you will no longer be allowed to use the aircraft for inessential trips when you have the MSM to get your message out to the people that you speak to.
Obama, WTF ?

Langley Spook February 4, 2013 at 4:38 pm

we can only dream AFVet…

Susan February 4, 2013 at 4:36 pm

This afternoon Rush played the part of his interview where he mentioned getting rid of the tax break on “carried interest” as well. Don’t really understand it, but gather that is how the really rich movers and shakers avoid paying taxes on their wealth. Getting rid of that tax break will take carried interest from the current rate of 20% to 39.6 or 40%. That ought to chap the hide of his hedge fund buddies like the Oracle of Omaha. Your turn on the government rack, Warren.

Langley Spook February 4, 2013 at 4:36 pm

‘…I will raise taxes…’
Aint redistribution great Komrade!

Guillermo Grande February 4, 2013 at 7:03 pm

To plagiarize a bit from Gracchus: This republic of ours is something like a rich widow. Most Americans love her as their mother but Obama dreams of marrying the old girl to put it politely.

Spartacus circa 1960

Langley Spook February 4, 2013 at 8:08 pm

Ive been re-reading “Rubicon; The Last Days of the Roman Republic” by Tom Holland. Im comparing the end of the Roman Republic to the ‘end’ of our American Republic (some good comparisons…)

Guillermo Grande February 5, 2013 at 8:51 am

Thought there was a previous reference there. Good for you. Eager to see future posts. I recently downloaded Plato’s “The Republic” free from iBooks. Reading Ancient Greek philosophers on an iPhone will take a long long time. I might have to crack open my wallet….

Not Nabob February 4, 2013 at 4:43 pm

Obama the Arrogant strikes again and again. The man can’t get enough of himself.

Anonna February 4, 2013 at 6:51 pm

And yet we need a million instant new residents, all popping anchor babies that give them INSTANT access to social programs.

Robin H February 4, 2013 at 8:18 pm

Well, yeah. Someone’s got to pay for them. /sarc off/

veritaseequitas February 4, 2013 at 10:09 pm

So, bottom line, Obama is still a liar and fraud. Imagine that.

Regina February 5, 2013 at 5:00 am

He know what he is doing… his goal is to break america and it’s almost here.

MikeD February 5, 2013 at 8:18 am

There are many similarities between the way the US administration runs its play book and the Labour party of Australia (The current government down under). The focus is on vitriolic attacks on the leader of the opposition, the creation of a climate of fear via envy of those wealthier;. Most importantly taxation increases are described as “Savings” (from a national budget perspective), and government spending such as a national broadband network $60bn is left out of the national accounts because they dress it up as ” A self funding project”. That’s why I noticed Obama’s change of phrase on Sundays CBS interview in regard to taxation now known as revenue and spending now to be known as investment.

Franchise Lawyers in Dubai May 2, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I think everything posted made a bunch of sense. However, think on this, what
if you added a little content? I mean, I don’t want to tell you how to run your blog, but suppose you added a title that grabbed people’s attention?

I mean Obama: I Will Raise Taxes Again, Yes | The Blog on Obama: White
House Dossier is kinda vanilla. You ought to peek at Yahoo’s home page and note how they create news headlines to get viewers to open the links. You might add a related video or a related picture or two to grab readers interested about everything’ve written.

Just my opinion, it might bring your website a little bit
more interesting.