The Obama Morning News || February 4, 2013

Obama to campaign in Minnesota for gun bill . . . Fox News
Obama gives income tax 100th birthday gift . . . Joe Curl
Obama not even building ties to Democrats . . . Politico
President assembles his climate change team . . . Politico
Obama calls on Scouts to change no-gay policy . . . Fox News

Susan February 4, 2013 at 10:12 am

Gun confiscation…tax hikes…amnesty for illegal aliens…global warming hoax…gay rights…
Let’s talk about anything and everything except our exploding debt and deficit. Come election time, the ruling class on both sides of the aisle will pay dearly for their treachery.

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 10:42 am

I hope so, Susan. I just read yesterday that Karl Rove is leading a monied group to shut the Tea Party down in the Senate primaries next year. While I grant that Aikin of MO and Murdock of IN were terrible candidates, the Republicans lost more potential Senate seats in 2013 than just those two. We need more Rand Pauls, and speaking of KY, I hope McConnell is one of the first “establishment” Republicans to go down. In the primaries, of course.

Susan February 4, 2013 at 11:37 am

Rove is turncoat and his fat pocketbook wields a lot of power, but he won’t beat us down. If he does, it will be a Pyrrhic victory because the base will abandon the Republican party. The base of the Republican party is conservative, not the wishy-washy go along to get along establishment types who are running the party. It wasn’t the TEA party that lost in 2012. Sarah Palin supported Sarah Steelman over Aiken in Missouri, and the Murdock campaign was cannibalized by the RINO Lugar and his cohorts like Rove. You’re right, the establishment lost a whole lot more races than those two in 2012, and Rove got fat as a tick on a dog and filthy rich off the backs of them all.

You’re also right about McConnell and the rest of the RINOs. The primaries are where we really have to get to work. We need more constitutional conservatives like Rand Paul, Mike Lee, and Ted Cruz – all TEA party supported senators – to turn this ship of state around.

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 3:23 pm

I agree, and I’m an ‘independent’, not a Republican. But the Republicans will lose their base, the Tea Party and us seniors, if Rove et al. are successful. A Pyrrhic victory indeed.

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 11:19 am

I’m not a gay basher, but of all organizations which should stay away from the gay issue it is the Boy Scouts of America. The organization would be rife with problems and lawsuits. It would destroy the organization. Keep the gay adults out, and as for the boys themselves, be plain that the Boy Scouts were never intended for the development of sexuality in children.

WNY_ROC February 4, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Julie – perhaps it is the term “morally straight”, and I don’t mean straight in terms of straight or gay. See the note below on religion.

Scout Oath (or Promise)
On my honor I will do my best
To do my duty to God and my country
and to obey the Scout Law;
To help other people at all times;
To keep myself physically strong,
mentally awake, and morally straight.

To be a person of strong character, your relationships with others should be honest and open. You should respect and defend the rights of all people. Be clean in your speech and actions, and remain faithful in your religious beliefs. The values you practice as a Scout will help you shape a life of virtue and self-reliance.

Julie Brueckheimer February 4, 2013 at 3:25 pm

Nicely said. I don’t think the liberals agree with most of the oath, definitely not with the first two lines.

Girly1 February 4, 2013 at 11:44 am

What’s this? John Martin over at POLITICO dares to speak out about Congressional DEMS who are griping about Obama’s failure to reach out to them? Horrors!

In his latest book, “The Price of Politics”, Bob Woodward accuses Obama of being ‘arrogant, aloof, and unprepared’. During debt ceiling negotiations Obama told Boehner: “I have great confidence in my ability to sway the American People”.

DEMS and Republicans alike might just as well pack up their stuff and leave town. The Manchurian Candidate is on the loose!

GWShrub February 4, 2013 at 12:25 pm

>>>> Obama to campaign in Minnesota for gun bill <<<<

Why does this man have to GO somewhere to speak his BAFFLEGAB? It only costs the taxpayers more money. Holy Crap, he's got the best office in the country, why can't he make a speech from there? My mother would have said "..he's just got a gasoline a$$". :)

What a GRIFTER!!