Quote of the Day || January 31, 2013

by Keith Koffler on January 31, 2013, 12:07 am

“Yes, we must secure the border. I mean, once people begin finding out what’s in Obamacare, millions will start trying to escape to Mexico.”

- Barack Obama

A note from our attorneys: This is not a real quote

Swedishlady January 31, 2013 at 3:25 am

Really funny, Keith. Or perhaps sad. Well, it might actually come true. Americans may start emigrating because of the taxes. For decades, bright and innovative people “fled” from here to other countries ( often the US ) with laws and regulations that didn´t prevent people from building enterprises , to earn money, to get rich. The US was seen as the Future. Since then we have learned from that earlier US and made our country much more business friendly and also reformed our tax laws. But as a small country, dependent on exports, we still have to get out in the world for other reasons. Innovative ,business minded people now often turn their eyes towards the East, towards Asia.

Island Girl January 31, 2013 at 4:05 am

As a Native Southern California Girl, I have too agree.
Great Lobster and tequila and ocean view there.
Aloha for now:)

Langley Spook January 31, 2013 at 7:13 am

I need a list of countries to flee to once the USA goes to “hell” (thanks to Obama & todays ‘politicans’)

Scottso January 31, 2013 at 8:38 am

funny Keith.

Langley, there’s …um…um…not sure where we go from here. Mongolia>?

ImNoDhimmi January 31, 2013 at 9:07 am

Well, I’d suggest Canada, though I fear we may not be too far behind the USA when it comes to major changes. It seems to me the North American Union will soon become a reality, and one-world government will be forced upon us in the foreseeable future.

William January 31, 2013 at 9:07 am

We’re going to stay in and hole up. We live in a rural enough spot that we should miss out on most of it.

Susan January 31, 2013 at 9:26 am

We’re going to stay right here and fight tyranny to the last breath…

“You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.” — Ronald Reagan

Julie Brueckheimer January 31, 2013 at 9:30 am

Brava. I’m not going anywhere.

Keith Koffler January 31, 2013 at 10:12 am

I’ll stay too!

danceswithtruth January 31, 2013 at 10:22 am

We are staying too. We provide the majority of our own food anyway and have no debt. We’ll even have enough to help others. God willing, we will preserve the ideals of the founding fathers.

CiscoKid January 31, 2013 at 11:12 am

I’ve drawn my final line in the sand, I will be pushed no further, especially out of MY country.
See ‘ya at the barricades.

Star January 31, 2013 at 2:59 pm

I am not a positive thinker as most people know, but I keep feeling we can wait this out–endure this mess. I think it might be looked on by history as a weird hop our politics took…I just hope so much unintended and intended nonsense is not set in concrete that everything shifts forever from kind of mavericky, wild and can-do to wussy, selfish, and stupid.

Star January 31, 2013 at 3:16 pm

I do think sometimes of the little harbor off Dingle, Ireland, fishing boats bumping gently, a town with 100 pubs, cobbled streets…But I am laid up so much with arthritis I could not even visit, much less relocate by myself and manage. So I just come here and try to hold people accountable–hey, WH, we are not all adoring zombies.

SAllen January 31, 2013 at 3:36 pm

I just saw Bill O’Reilly say that O has a 60% approval rating. How can that be, how on earth can that possibly be? Heads in the sand, I guess!

Star January 31, 2013 at 4:11 pm

He did report that. Doesn’t it make you sigh. I also read in the WSJ of Jan 31 and I have reported on this myself–many schools no longer teach the R–’ritin’. No more cursive. In the WSJ story they quoted kids who could not read notes their mother’s posted on the fridge about what they were supposed to do after school. Guess Mom needs to text them now. No one in one family could read Grandma’s recipes–Oh, well, go to Mickey D’s. They have afterschool clubs now where kids learn to “write” in cursive. What if the grid goes down, you idiots? I could scream. This is a redundant skill? What’s next? I blogged about a German pen that vibrates if you write something illegible or ungrammatical. Oh–just let the pen write, whatev! http://thwim.blogspot.com.