Live Stream || Carney Briefing – January 31, 2013

by Keith Koffler on January 31, 2013, 1:18 pm

The briefing has concluded.

RickW January 31, 2013 at 1:21 pm

These briefings always remind me of when I was a kid and the announcer would scream “Its Howdy Doody Time!” in the afternoons.

Star January 31, 2013 at 2:09 pm

I remember Howdy…and Buffalo Bob, Clarabell, and Princess Summerfallwinterspring. God, we’re old. (I apologize to any puppets, clowns, buffalo or Native Amercians this might have offended.)

Langley Spook January 31, 2013 at 1:22 pm

…let the empty propaganda begin!

Shofar January 31, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Who was the reporter that gave Carney crap on the “Job Council” and how they never met?

I loved the tone that the reporter took, and Jay just needs to be b!tch slapped for his crap answer.

Susan January 31, 2013 at 5:54 pm

Totally off subject. Today was the confirmation hearing for Hagel. Senator Cruz tore the RINO to pieces and was as polite as could be while doing it. Don’t think I’ve heard recordings played in the Senate before. It is brilliant move!

gracepmc January 31, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Hagel is not competent to run DOD.

gracepmc January 31, 2013 at 6:53 pm

Actually this is funny and oh so sad. The day after the economy contracted, and the day of the announcement that Jobs Council was disbanded, and Congress grilled Obama’s astonishingly incompetent nominee for DOD, Obama’s Schedule was empty. And empty because the President’s priority today was a Vogue Photo Shoot. http://twitchy.com/2013/01/31/strike-a-pose-no-public-events-for-obama-today-as-vogue-crew-hits-the-white-house/

AZ Granny January 31, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Jobs, immigration, and the economy are not nearly as important as a Vogue photo shoot for Obama. I’d bet it’s payback for Wintour hosting all those big parties for Obama’s campaign.

gracepmc January 31, 2013 at 10:33 pm

Also perhaps a little hostage taking by Wintour — I read she is not going to be an Ambassador. That said, I am sure the royal pretenders were quite delighted with all the bowing, scraping and preening.