Biden Offers Gun Advice: Buy Some Shotgun Shells

by Keith Koffler on January 24, 2013, 4:55 pm

Well now, what do you think of this?

“Guess what? A shotgun will keep you a lot safer — a double-barreled shotgun — than an assault weapon in somebody’s hands that doesn’t know how to use it, even one who does know how to use it,” Vice President Biden said during a Google+ Hangout today.

H/T Donovan Slack at Politico.

{ 1 trackback }

Langley Spook January 24, 2013 at 5:08 pm

A shotgun is the best personal defense weapon. When in doubt; pump & shoot some 00 buck

Lizzy January 24, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Lock n load Joe.

WNY_ROC January 24, 2013 at 11:27 pm

“Like”

Maybe lock and UNLOAD Joe?

Susan January 24, 2013 at 5:23 pm

The Taurus Judge uses shotgun shells too.

Otis Driftwood January 24, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Colt .45 Longs or .410 Shotgun.. just remember to change the barrel plugs :-) Both can mess u up good.

OregonJarhead January 24, 2013 at 5:24 pm

Sorry Langley, but I’ll go with my CAR-15 with Trijicon RMR sights, and a 30 round mag. I take to heart the phrase “firstest with the mostest…”

Langley Spook January 24, 2013 at 7:43 pm

Well said Jarhead.

joelc January 24, 2013 at 6:02 pm

No doubt the war is on.
Due to a ban on certain rifles at the Eastern Sports Show in Harrisburg,Pa. hundreds of vendors pulled out. This morning the sponsors cancelled the show which happens to be the largest in the U.S. Don’t under estimate the power of the NRA.

CiscoKid January 24, 2013 at 6:36 pm

Please remember, the NRA is made up of millions of law abiding citizens, not just 5 or 6 guys.
Doctors, Lawyers, teachers, first responders, military, even plain old Joes like me.
Some screwballs in there? Possibly, but I’d say no more than what’s in Congress.

CiscoKid January 24, 2013 at 6:43 pm

OregonJarhead;
I knew a Marine would understand.

srdem65 January 24, 2013 at 6:55 pm

Since I got that author-itis in my fingers, but still have all my teeth, I’m looking to buy a box of grenades to throw at intruders or would-be murderers. I tought about an RPG, but that seemed to be somewhat over the top, you know.

William January 25, 2013 at 8:48 am

It would be really hard to pull the pin from the grenade with arthritis. Those pins are designed to be really hard to get out so they aren’t accidentally pulled.

Holly January 24, 2013 at 9:27 pm

Biden is such a dufus. According to a report in the Daily Rash, during his appearance on CBS This Morning, our gaffe prone vice president said the Department of Homeland Security is “crawling with lesbians.” http://www.thedailyrash.com/biden-says-department-of-homeland-security-crawling-with-lesbians

William January 25, 2013 at 8:50 am

Wow! Ol’ Joey is moderatel correct. I’ll take my Benelli M4 over an AR-15 any day when it comes to personal defense. A double-barrell, though? That’s unreasonable for self-defense and he doesn’t specify SxS or O/U.