Quote of the Day || January 23, 2013

by Keith Koffler on January 22, 2013, 11:23 pm

“Well, yes, Obama’s agenda is bipartisan, if by that you mean twice as partisan as before.”

- John Boehner

A note from our attorneys: This is not a real quote

Swedishlady January 23, 2013 at 4:47 am

The British Primeminister just gave his much awaited speech on the British membership in the EU. Cameron promised, if reelected, an in/out referendum in five years. That´s very good news. Many, many Europeans , especially in the northern regions ( who have to pay it all ), are disappointed in the EU. The EU would have been OK if it had stuck to what it was supposed to be, a peacepromoting organisation for free trade and free movement across the borders. It has become a socialist Behemoth that wants to control, regulate, redistribute and spend like a drunken sailor. A topheavy organisation with too many bureaucrats with very high salaries and benefits. Too many countries with too many agendas and different cultural values are supposed to unite on too many issues. Not working. I think it is a model of what the Obamaadmistration is planning for the US. Oppose, object, thwart, well, counterattack !

Just2old January 23, 2013 at 6:40 am

SL, being a retired drunken sailor I take exception to your analogy. During the seven years I spent in Southern Europe, I remember that businesses welcomed our dollars with open arms. I agree that obama would love to be the head of a global government. He seems to ignore the problems with the EU and I agree that he would like the US to pursue the same goal. What was that definition of insanity again?

Langley Spook January 23, 2013 at 7:25 am

…I miss those ‘drunken’ liberty calls in the Med :-)

Just2old January 23, 2013 at 7:28 am

Yep; seemed like we were always able to find the ‘Texas Bar’ in every port!

Star January 23, 2013 at 10:49 am

Aw…I want to be a retired drunken sailor now…darn.

Swedishlady January 23, 2013 at 7:27 am

Just2old, “drunken sailor” is just a silly expression commonly used about wastefulness. I promise not to use it anymore.
Yes, why oh why, can he not learn from the problems we have in Europe ? Adventurous Europeans have always headed for the US to experience the promises of individual freedom and the pursuit of happiness. To feel free. To work. To earn money. If the US turns into something like the EU-union which country will then stand up for those values ?

Star January 23, 2013 at 10:50 am

I dunno–I think sailors have given drinking a good name!

Swedishlady January 23, 2013 at 11:13 am

OK, maybe I can use the expression again. I kind of like it. And sailors use their own money when they drink and spend it in private bars.

kids online games, kids online play games, free online games, kids online free games, free online games, online games February 12, 2013 at 6:38 am

Heya i’m for the first time here. I came across this board and I to find It really helpful & it helped me out much. I’m hoping to provide one thing again and aid others such as you aided me.