Obama Schedule || Sunday, January 20, 2013

by Keith Koffler on January 20, 2013, 9:15 am

9:05 am || Participates in a wreath laying ceremony; Arlington National Cemetery
11:55 am || Official swearing-in ceremony at which he takes the oath of office; Blue Room
8:45 pm || Delivers remarks at an Inaugural reception; National Building Museum

All times Eastern

Comment moderation is enabled. Your comment may take some time to appear.

Shofar January 20, 2013 at 9:24 am

If there is any type of tremor or earthquake in the DC area today, it is from every military personnel buried at Arlington turning over in their graves.

The thought of Obama even stepping foot on that hallowed ground makes me skin crawl. There have been more US military deaths in Afghanistan since Obama became POTUS, than in the eight years that Bush was POTUS. He has no moral authority to be leading the military, nor does he have any respect for the military. They, along with any other group he deems politically expedient, are nothing more than props for his ego.

Langley Spook January 20, 2013 at 10:54 am

…and the “media” will not report the military deaths in AFG under Obama.

go figure.

RickW January 20, 2013 at 11:00 am

They use a different description, LS. Look for CBB (Caused By Bush) deaths.

Girly1 January 20, 2013 at 10:59 am

Obama’s true colors came out two months after taking office when he showed his callousness by proposing that disabled vets use their private insurance for their war-related injuries. He quickly withdrew the proposal but only after his actions caused a furor in the military community. The guy has no business being anywhere near the WH!

DeniseVB January 20, 2013 at 11:01 am

More disturbing to me are more suicides by troops than combat deaths :( I just don’t think they’re getting the support they need.

RickW January 20, 2013 at 11:07 am

Amen, Denise. These men and women are being ordered back and forth on multiple tours, living in quasi civvy life and then back in combat almost like long distance commuters. I don’t believe any such dynamic has been faced by any military in the history of warfare before. God help them.

Lizzy January 20, 2013 at 12:00 pm

I’ve seen the problems Vietnam veterans suffered firsthand and it wasn’t good. Sadly after all these years you would think we would
have made more progress in treatment. Sadly no and cutting the
military will only make it worse.

RT January 21, 2013 at 12:17 am

Oh my… Rather than connecting the dots, I’ll just add some fantasy of my own.

Every time our President breaths, someone dies somewhere. Shameful.

Burke January 20, 2013 at 10:22 am

It just hit me. Another four years of this Marxist/Socialist and his regime.

Star January 20, 2013 at 10:45 am

Pace yourself, everyone! Photo op time on steroids! Two days to go!

Julie Brueckheimer January 20, 2013 at 11:21 am

I won’t be watching or looking out for.

RickW January 20, 2013 at 10:50 am

Will he place his hand atop a Bible today or a bound copy of Obamacare? I’m sure the Bible will be used for the photo op version tomorrow.

ImNoDhimmi January 20, 2013 at 11:02 am

The koran gets used for the private ceremonies.

srdem65 January 20, 2013 at 11:06 am

How depressing for those of us who hoped for a change in attitude, direction and a sincere movement to address our national problems. We had hoped to be done with Obamacare, to have a President who means to correct our financial slide and to have a FirstCouple that honored God, Country and Family before all else.
But, most of my countrymen who voted wanted something else, wanted to believe that MrObama was the right man to lead our country.

No, I won’t be watching the hoopla tomorrow.

Star January 20, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Must Miss TV for me, too. I have movies from a free HBO weekend.

Langley Spook January 20, 2013 at 3:30 pm

I refuse to watch Dear Leader Obama’s ‘coronation’ with the sycophant ‘media’.
I have a marathon of “Archer” (season 1-3) planned for Monday.

Julie Brueckheimer January 20, 2013 at 11:18 am

Well, what do you know? The Obamas attended church today before his private swearing in at the WH. Not the Episcopalian church across from the residence where they take a very occasional photo-op but the oldest AA church in DC where the pastor preached a sermon on the Obamian theme of “Forward”. It sounds as if he actually worked it into the ground, and it sounds like a Black Liberation church like Wright’s. Obama wants to resurrect slavery which no longer exists so he can play Lincoln all over again.

And speaking of religion, is anyone else one offended by the inaugural posters and Newsweek cover portraying Our Dear Leader as the Second Coming of Christ? I myself am a None in the sense that I believe in God but belong to no particular denomination, but this is disgusting to me. It seems as if the liberals are deliberately trashing the cherished faith of millions of good Americans and rubbing their noses in it.

Lizzy January 20, 2013 at 11:52 am

Extra Extra. Michelle gets a new hairdo with bangs newspapers front page.
Benghazi nowhere to be seen joiunalism at its best.

Julie Brueckheimer January 20, 2013 at 12:13 pm

She looks like she has a floor mop on her head.

Star January 20, 2013 at 12:15 pm

As for M’s hair–I thought it was odd, too…Too young and pardon me, a shag? Is that what it is?

Corey January 20, 2013 at 1:35 pm

LOL Julie. It’s mean but it’s true.

Lizzy January 20, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Again Michelle has to be the center of attention with her look at me
‘new hair’ pathetic for a grown woman to be so needy.

Star January 20, 2013 at 12:14 pm

I know, I know–you guys wonder why I even record Meet the Press. I watch so you don’t have to. Only today I feel down on the job. Watched that tiresome Schumer blat on about his hero, then that Ted Cruz try to rebut some of it. But when Gregory said the NRA ad was bogus bec of OF COURSE the president’s kids had Secret Service–no one said there are more armed guards than that and YOUR tots go there! Then it went to the panel–Goodwin and Axelrod. I erased. I just could not. Your humble correspondent failed you.

Lizzy January 20, 2013 at 12:38 pm

Seriously I know the Daily Mail is a tabloid type paper but the Brits lost
hostages and Michelle’s hair was the top front page…we are doomed.

srdem65 January 20, 2013 at 1:41 pm

She must not have one sincere friend in the world and all her handmaidens in the WhiteHouse must hate her.

Star January 21, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Someone said hubs commented in a speech that he liked her bangs. Jeez–well, why not…speeches, speeches…ack.

Bernadine Fried May 26, 2014 at 12:41 am

It sounds as if he actually worked it into the ground.