WH Petition to Arrest David Gregory Gaining Ground Fast

by Keith Koffler on December 27, 2012, 9:50 am

A petition on the White House website calling for NBC Meet the Press host David Gregory to be arrested for illegal possession of gun ammo is gaining signatures at lightening speed, reaching nearly 10,000 names as of Thursday morning.

It was just last Sunday that Gregory displayed on the air what appeared to be a 30-round magazine in an effort to add some drama to his cross examination of National Rifle Association chief Wayne LaPierre.

According to Politico, the Washington DC police told NBC not to show the high-capacity magazine on the program and are now investigating Gregory for doing so.

The petition states:

Press charges against David Gregory for possession of a 30-round, high capacity assault rifle magazine in Washington D.C

David Gregory is not above the law; he is a journalist, and must be held accountable to the same law as every other person.

DC High Capacity Ammunition Magazines – D.C. Official Code 7-2506.01

(b) No person in the District shall possess, sell, or transfer any large capacity ammunition feeding device regardless of whether the device is attached to a firearm. For the purposes of this subsection, the term large capacity ammunition feeding device means a magazine, belt, drum, feed strip, or similar device that has a capacity of, or that can be readily restored or converted to accept, more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

We The People demand that he be formally charged for violation of this law on “Meet The Press.”

The petition was created just four days ago, on December 23. It is already 40 percent of the way to the 25,000 signatures required in 30 days to elicit a formal response from the White House.

{ 1 trackback }

Owen_Kellogg December 27, 2012 at 9:57 am
Owen_Kellogg December 27, 2012 at 9:59 am

Oops, Keith supplied the link already. My bad.

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 10:01 am

Good perhaps he can take Piers Morgan with him as a traveling companion.

Star December 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

That guy from Top Gear reportedly tweeted–it took us years to get rid of him, don’t send him back. Pretty funny.

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 12:08 pm

I’m sure we could find enough people to deport they’d get a really good
group rate.

Star December 28, 2012 at 10:35 am

Charter a plane–I like it. They come over here and make money snooting about us.

Shaky Jake December 31, 2012 at 5:28 pm

How about including Obama’s Aunt Zeituni Onyango, the illegal immigrant who lives on welfare and food stamps in the Boston projects. Or another illegal, uncle Onyango Obama who lives in the Boston area and was arrested for DUI and driving without a license last year.

srdem65 December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

The conversation on gun control is fast appoaching the absurd part. It could be that thinking Americans have drawn a line on what they’re willing to endure from hypocritical lefty libs who scream GUN CONTROL but send their children to a school secured with a dozen armed guards.
The other petition to the WhiteHouse that has close to 100,000 signatures is to deport CNN’s PiersMorgan, a British subject, because of his attacks on the American constitution.
P. Morgan’s anti-gun ranting has devolved to a farcical attack on the Bible by insisting that it be “amended” to include approval of sodomy..
Our govenment can take our privacy, our money, our dignity, but they will never take our guns, because it’s the only thing we have to protect us from tyranny.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 10:55 am
GotFreedom December 27, 2012 at 11:30 am

Speaking of British subjects. . .BHO Sr?????

CiscoKid December 27, 2012 at 1:40 pm

Roger that.
People should not fear their Government, Government should fear it’s people.

Jeff1000 December 27, 2012 at 10:13 am

Sorry, but I can’t see this as anything but much ado about nothing. Gregory was just using a prop to make a point. Whatever I personally think about the point he was trying to make is irrelevant.

Guillermo Grande December 27, 2012 at 10:34 am

I agree completely. Both the action by David Gregory and the law are irrelevant. But law applies equally to all. Let those who passed the absurd law pardon dear David.

It is with consternation that I consider a group so driven to protect the children, that they will gut the Second Ammendment and our ability to protect ourselves. Meanwhile 3300 abortions a day, rampant crime and shootings in our major cities, and children trapped in the job protection racket calledl public education. Calling David sanctimonious is an understatement.

Jeff1000 December 27, 2012 at 10:42 am

I see your point. Well said.

WNY_ROC December 27, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Sorry Guillermo, I already signed the petition. I am biased against David anyway – he went to the Matt Lauer/Katie Couric school of journalism to learn interviewing techniques – make up questions without any sources by saying “people say you” and end with “how do you justify/react to that?”, and if they don’t like your answer begin to get angry with you and argue how insane you are. That’s at least to conservatives and libertarians. David was famous for that in the WH Press Room – when he wore pink shirts his face would match it when he got interviewing “mad”.

But when they interviewed Progressives and Democrats, they never questioned the answer – Matt never asked Hillary to name who made up the vast right wing conspiracy.

So I think David must at least be ticketed for showing a rifle magazine and make a court appearance, probably pay a small fine, and disclose who gave him the magazine (they should be charged as well). David is not an unbiased reporter – he had a political and personal vendetta against the (horror of all horrors) NRA.

Guillermo Grande December 27, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Where is the Like button? Like what you say and many good points. I’m just calling out the irony with David Gregory. I’d like nothing better than to see him prosecuted to the full extent of the silly lame law the liberals passed. I won’t hold my breath.

Owen_Kellogg December 27, 2012 at 2:54 pm

David Gregory Drunk (or High) on Imus in the Morning

If you ask me, I’d say he was high.

Scottso December 27, 2012 at 12:43 pm

Indeed, it’s about nothing…
However, NBC asked permission from the police, were turned down, and did it anyway.

They can’t plead ignorance.

Instead, they should have shown a picture of the magazine or gun, stated it was illegal to have it. Then stated that it’s illegal to have guns in Washington DC, which is why there is NO GUN VIOLENCE in DC.

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger December 27, 2012 at 1:49 pm

Jeff, he identified it as an (illegal) magazine, not a prop, himself. Separate reports claim that MTP staffers contacted both the DC PD and the ATF for “permission” to have the magazine. One does not not need to ask permission for mere props.

Also, I’ve read the DC law and still can’t seem to find the parts that say “…except when the police say it’s OK to break the law” or “except when a leftist reporter wants to make a point”.

I was particularly amused by the claim that NBC cleared it through the ATF. Can I call the IRS for permission to not pay local property taxes? That’ll be an affirmative defense, right?

Jeff1000 December 27, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Pretty interesting when you get beyond the knee-jerk reaction that it’s much ado about nothing. The right seems to be finally fighting fire with fire using Alinsky tactics against the left: call the left on everything whether it’s legitimate or ridiculous; isolate and ridicule everything you can get your hands on. The left has certainly fabricated the most absurd narratives based on nothing.

“Alinsky-Rightism”.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 3:37 pm

Doncha love it, Jeff? Just like the blogger who outed the editor and employees of the NY newspaper that published registered gun owners personal information. Breitbart would be so proud.

Jeff1000 December 27, 2012 at 5:22 pm

Sure do Susan. It’s like dealing with children. You have to teach them a lesson that hits where it hurts.

Outing the newspaper employees for outing registered gun owners is a classic example.

AZ Granny December 27, 2012 at 7:15 pm

What gets me is that they were so gung ho to out the gun owners but never considered that they were giving crooks clues as to who did NOT have guns and could not protect themselves from home invasions, etc. What they did is criminally stupid, to say the least.

lc southern December 28, 2012 at 10:03 am

It’s actually illegal in some states to give out the name and addresses of law enforcement officers. Also they published names and addresses of people who are under orders of protection from stalkers or spouse. If someone gets killed I see huge unlawful death lawsuits.

AFVet December 28, 2012 at 11:01 am

Over on Drudge, he has a link that states Diane Feinstein has a bill that includes ‘grandfathered’ firearms, and that the owners should be fingerprinted and the serial numbers of the weapons be recorded.
Here they come !

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger December 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm

Much ado about something. Specifically, a plastic-haired media-moron breaking the law in order to call for more restrictions on the people who didn’t do it. The law must be for _everyone_ or it’s not law.

lc southern December 27, 2012 at 10:30 am

NBC was told no and they used it anyway? Pay the piper….

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:41 am

Goose, meet gander.

Star December 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

I would love to see this know-it-all nailed for this!

Star December 27, 2012 at 11:02 am

Every Sunday, like the excellent little masochist I am, I listen to “the other side” and watch this predictable show, with Gregory apparently thinking everyone must answer to him, Doris Kearns Goodwin babbling her heart out loving Obama, the weakest Republicans they can find, Dionne lisping his support of the Dems, on and on. Every week! Gregory actually says things like, “Can I at least get you to admit…” He is a terrible interviewer.

WNY_ROC December 27, 2012 at 12:34 pm

Star, its Doris (I’m a Plagiarist) Kearns Goodwin.

Star December 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

I thought of that–but must be feeling untypically kind today.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm

Gregory won’t be hosting the Sunday show this weekend. When the going gets tough, the wimps hide out until the coast clears…

Julie Brueckheimer December 27, 2012 at 7:00 pm

Thinking of Hillary too, are you?

Susan December 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm

Now that you mention it, Julie. Where is Hillary?

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Still suffering from the immaculate concussion at an undisclosed location.

DeniseVB December 27, 2012 at 11:53 am

The empty magazine incident doesn’t bother me as much as Gregory’s empty journalist head.

Why isn’t the story about Bill Clinton’s School Safety and Security funding allowed to expire under Obama ? Then President Clinton did exactly what the NRA President suggested now and wasn’t called crazy.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Since the “law” doesn’t mention homemade pepper spray, guess I’m safe from arrest for possession should I ever visit the den of thieves that is D.C.

Star December 27, 2012 at 1:13 pm

Since you mention pepper spray, when I first moved to DC, my dad gave me a small gun that shot pepper spray. I am sure it was illegal. But the thing was burglarized out of my house–so that paper that publicized NY gun permit holders–they were telling thieves where to get guns–sure they might stay away bec the place had one, but maybe not. So that paper was helping bad guys get guns. See how stupid all this is?

TimW December 27, 2012 at 12:39 pm

Keith,

Its not a petition about possession of “gun ammo” as you stated in your post. Gun ammo is the pointy things also known as bullets. The “clip” or “magazine” is the thing that holds the gun ammo. This seems to be a common mistake among journalists as the WSJ made the same mistake twice in an editorial today.

Star December 27, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Let’s not even get into speed loaders.

Guillermo Grande December 27, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I’m no expert but it is an annoying issue that journalist haven’t even bothered to educate themselves on the definition of terms. Clips are for feeding magazines. Usually holding the casing and the bullets (or the pointy things LOL) are exposed. And ‘point blank’ is an aspect of the sights of the firearm and is different for each. It’s not shooing someone who is right in front of you. Point blank for a rifle could be 100 yards. Again I’m no expert but you would think “journalists” who graduated for journalist colleges could spell google. BTW, I’m pro choice: I choose not to own a gun.

gracepmc December 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Apparently this is “all over” FB, which I don’t use. It will be interesting to see if the law is applied to David Gregory or not.

DeniseVB December 27, 2012 at 1:06 pm
Sadie December 27, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Why is he “begging” for an audience, there are about 300,000 federal employees in DC.

This year, the Inauguration Day holiday falls on Monday, January 21, 2013, which is also the legal public holiday for the Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. (See 5 U.S.C. 6103(c).) For Federal employees who work in the District of Columbia, Montgomery or Prince George’s Counties in Maryland, Arlington or Fairfax Counties in Virginia, or the cities of Alexandria or Fairfax in Virginia, Inauguration Day is observed concurrently with the Martin Luther King, Jr., holiday. Federal employees in these areas are not entitled to an in-lieu-of holiday for Inauguration Day.

Girly1 December 27, 2012 at 3:19 pm

Obama and his sycophants are above the law – this petition is pure folly. How about a petition to remove David Gregory from the late, great Tim Russert’s chair? Who cares about MTP now – it’s unwatchable.

As far as the 30 round magazine is concerned, we are not living in the wild, wild West anymore – the days of the six-shooter are over. The new culture of violence has brought us the assault weapons. We can’t avert disaster with a pea shooter. If there had been an armed guard with an assault weapon at the Newtown School, those little children might all be alive today. Hindsight is always 20/’20.

But what good is a gun control/assault weapon ban when there are 300M weapons in circulation? There will always be a black market for clips and magazines for the seriously deranged psychos. We simply cannot eliminate evil in this world.

JustSaying12 December 27, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I hope they do prosecute him. Seems like there is two classes today. The elite class and everyone else. And the elite class cuts through all parties and political ideals. About time we start knocking them down and have them lived by the same laws and ideals we all do.

By the way, is it just me or is the left only obbessed with gun control to fix this very complicated problem? I don’t hear a peep from Obama all the way down on this on mental health. It’s not like Obama started a task force on mental health at the same time as his gun control group.

Something smells rotten in Denmark on this one!

Guillermo Grande December 27, 2012 at 6:44 pm

Is the left only obsessed with gun control? There is a reason why the First and Second Ammendments are first and second. Both are essential to the support and defense of liberty and the republic. So unfortunately No, not just gun control.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 4:53 pm
Jeff1000 December 27, 2012 at 5:31 pm

Susan, I was amazed at the blatant hypocrisy of Feinstein and Harry Reid that Levin exposed. My only disappointment was Mark’s inaccurate use of the terms “clip” and “bullet”. I shot him a couple emails politely explaining the differences between clips and magazines, and bullets and cartridges. On his show a couple days later he made a point of using the correct term “magazine” and then I knew my message (and probably others who wrote about the same thing) got through :-).

Quintus Arrius December 27, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Please, throw the book at Mr. Gregory. Please. He is a cardboard cutout of the man who he replaced. Holding up a multiclip ammo cartridge to demonstrate a point is silly, over the top, and pointless. We all know what he means.
What’s next? David Gregory will bring a partial birth aborted fetus in a jar to show how small and insignificant it is, “really, just a big tumor” for his next show.

Carl "Bear" Bussjaeger December 27, 2012 at 8:43 pm

Dude, I think you mean well, but… WTF is a “multiclip ammo cartridge”? Is that a new lamestream muddia term I missed? I’ve heard of “multi-clip magazine assemblies”, but this…?

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 9:20 pm

I think Piers moves to the head of the line with this gem. He thinks the Bible
should be amended to include gay marriage. Well good luck with that what a
self absorbed nitwit.
Also the Queen aka Michelle was spotted wearing $995 sandals and a trend
setting neon yellow pedicure. I advise not to look at the picture for health and
safety reasons. Imelda the second.

Star December 28, 2012 at 10:38 am

I remember when yellow toenails used to be a bad thing. TMI?

jas December 28, 2012 at 8:23 pm

What am I missing?We can show guns all over or televisions and movies and Video games but Not at an inerview on television?

Chaim Paddaman January 4, 2013 at 10:00 am

Majority of criminal predators hunt for easy prey, criminals know unarmed citizens are easy prey. Piers Morgan and the Liberal anti-gun lobby wants law-abiding citizens to be sitting ducks for the criminal elements in society.
Piers Morgan and the rich and famous Liberal elite live in heavy guarded and gated communities. “I am alright Jack” is their motto.
Protecting law-abiding citizens from crime is more important than protecting the civil liberties of criminals.
How can Liberals claim to have empathy for victims of crime when they defend the rights of criminals. Piers Morgan and David Gregory are both meshuggeners. Piers Morgan must control his ridiculous exaggerated emotions. It is all about narcissistic Piers Morgan. CNN is desperate to improve the poor ratings of his show. Piers Morgan has a very selective memory, he shamed his own country as editor of the Daily Mirror.
The Liberal World View don’t make sense, it is very twisted.

pedicure chairs June 24, 2013 at 6:09 pm

The other day, while I was at work, my cousin stole my
iphone and tested to see if it can survive a forty foot drop, just so she can
be a youtube sensation. My iPad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
I know this is completely off topic but I had to share
it with someone!

spa pedicure chairs July 13, 2013 at 4:28 am

I visited many web sites however the audio feature for audio
songs current at this site is in fact excellent.