Obama’s Family Vacation for Dudes

by Keith Koffler on December 27, 2012, 8:17 am

President Obama’s just-completed five-day respite in Hawaii was the vacation some guys dream about, including an intense focus on recreation alone or with the guys and a comparatively light schedule of family-oriented events.

Obama played golf three out of the five days he was on Oahu, engaging in marathon sessions of up to six hours for a total of about 17 hours on the links. He spent another three or four hours toning up in the gym.

By contrast, he spent about two hours on the beach with the family and another couple of hours hiking with them.

And not a moment, by the way, in church – unlike the two pre-election Hawaii Christmases of 2010 and 2011.

While the Obamas certainly got some quality time in at their vacation home, the fun stuff was mainly for the dude and his dudes. On both Monday and Wednesday, the family barely got to see the president until after 3:00 pm, when he had finished his workouts and rounds of golf.

Wednesday’s golf outing, the 19th of 2012 and the 111th of his presidency, featured longtime pals Bobby Titcomb, Mike Ramos, and Greg Orme, the same crew who were with him on the links Monday.

But alas, the president returns late this morning to Washington where his new pal will be Speaker John Boehner, with whom he will try to negotiate a deal to avert the Fiscal Cliff.

Obama’s family remained in Hawaii without him.

srdem65 December 27, 2012 at 8:34 am

I’m guessing no one missed him as he did his ‘dude’ things.
He’s the unnecessary man of the house:
no one asks him to open a pickle jar
he doesn’t take out the trash
they don’t even own a car for him to take care of or wash
he doesn’t move the couch..over there..
he didn’t put up the Christmas tree or string the lights
he didn’t buy any presents
he has no relatives from his side of the family in Hawaii
her friends and family don’t care what he thinks
his children don’t care what he thinks
half of America doesn’t care for him at all
He might as well go golfing.

Susan December 27, 2012 at 9:35 am

Well said, srdem. He’s the cult of personality to his fanboys/girls, but to many of us – all that glitters is not gold…

Kevin Stowell December 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

Ha ha. That ‘ bout sums it up.

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 9:58 am

Barry Kardashian at play and in the media for the fans to swoon over, and adults to ignore and detest.

VulpesRex December 27, 2012 at 10:35 am

Does anyone still doubt that little Barry is “down-low”?

I wonder if the secret service imported Reggie Love to Oahu for some dude-time with da Prez.

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

They say his real preference is “older white men”. Makes you wonder what Kerry had to do to get the nod for Sec State…

MichelleIndependent December 27, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Ack!

65andcounting December 27, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I saw a teaser clip of the “interview” by Barbara Walters of Mr. and Mrs. Obama where she asked how they keep the fire going in their marriage.

First of all, ewwwwww.

Second of all, in Barack’s response, he NOT ONCE looked into the camera as he spewed forth niceties about his wife and marriage. Such a liar. I am sure Michelle’s deal is “the kids and I DEMAND a trip to Hawaii. You play golf. Leave us alone. Please.” And he, in response, plays the old Henny Youngman routine, “take my wife, please.”

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Oh dear I may have gone temporarily blind eeekkk:-(

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 8:48 am

i guess that’s what gay men do when they take their token family on vacaaayy! Do yo thang, barry…you go girl!

Susan Daniels December 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

Very astute.

Stevie December 27, 2012 at 11:35 am

No kidding. What Obama family?
She’s a beard and the kids are a couple of ringers.
Who is he anyway?

Justme December 27, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I was about to say, the “family” act is all for show.

daviedave December 27, 2012 at 8:50 am

Yup. He’s an absentee dad. Just like the people who voted foe him.

dam in Tampa December 27, 2012 at 9:02 am

You forgot to mention he’s also an absentee president.

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 9:59 am

Present-dent. Fixed it,

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:21 pm

“Present-dent”

Gotta love that. Who’s up for pounding him out? LOL!

Edwina December 27, 2012 at 8:51 am

Would be hypocritical to go to church when you are busy sending the country into recession and/or depression? Sounds like he is not the greatest family man he pretends to be.

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:22 pm

I’d offer that he breaks out in a rash every time he enters one.

Car in December 27, 2012 at 8:52 am

Haven’t we been endlessly lectured about how presidential vacations are about spending time with the family and trying to keep some semblance of normalcy.

Of course, Obama’s vacation activity bear NO resemblance to “normal” in my life.

Too many Americans are sheep.

Susan Daniels December 27, 2012 at 8:54 am

Oh, yes, he is quite the family man. Wonder who the really baby daddy is.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:17 am

I’ts his kids all right. He had a male fluffer to get him hard first, but it’s his kids.

Noma December 27, 2012 at 10:55 am

I think mooch went to a sperm bank…I mean take a look at her…who, in their right mind, could deal with that?

ol gator December 28, 2012 at 2:29 pm

The closest thing to a passionate male attraction to her was the broken hearted warthog which picked up her “scent” (while she was on safari in Africa) & followed her Range Rover 6.5 kilometers before he dropped dead of exhaustion..
she’s a real heart breaker alright !!!

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:24 pm

A syringe full of Obamagoo.

Russ December 27, 2012 at 8:55 am

Barry is always humming his favorite Beatles song, “Michelle, My Hell”. Sure, he’s not always home, but its the thought that counts.

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

To Mooch, it’s the freebies and multi-million dollar vacations that count.

CAR December 27, 2012 at 9:09 am

This makes me more disgusted than usual. And I get pretty disgusted.

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:25 pm

You voted for him…

Stacey December 27, 2012 at 9:14 am

Six hour round of golf?!? I’d have been in trouble for hitting into their group!

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 10:07 am

Peasants are not allowed on the course when his royal travesty is present. Not even the US Servicemen and women whose golf course he takes over.

Car in December 27, 2012 at 9:17 am

How many rounds of golf does this make it since he was re-elected?

Susan December 27, 2012 at 11:25 am

If I’m reading Keith’s stats correctly, he has played 6 games of golf since Nov. 6th. His last game of golf before the election was on August 4th. His first game of golf after the election was #13 on Nov. 10th.

Andrew299 December 27, 2012 at 9:32 am

What would you do if you were married to her?

EdfromTampa December 27, 2012 at 9:33 am

“the dude”. That’s pretty funny.

Nojob December 27, 2012 at 9:38 am

Its better. The more time he spent on the golf course, the less damage he does to the nation.

JIm December 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

If only that were true! Unfortunately, regardless of where “the One” is, or what he does, his progressive czars in the White House basement continue to carry out his grand plan for a marxist utopia, while the Obamaphone-foodstamp crowd still blame Bush for the Economy and the GOP wanders in dazed confusion waving a white flag of surrender and doing their best to appease the in-the-tank-for-Barry media who spend every waking hour devising ways to destroy the Republican party.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 9:39 am

the fun stuff was mainly for the dude and his dudes…engaging in marathon sessions of up to six hours for a total of about 17 hours.

his rectum must be really sore.

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

I suspect his rectum is used to vigorous workouts.

Star December 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

ew–drudgies

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:53 am

Ewww Obama sheeples.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 11:01 am

what’s a drudge? i was a member with barry at the chicago men’s club and bath house. no big whoop.

Larry Sinclair December 27, 2012 at 9:42 am

Chicago Mans Club could not be reached for comment … It’s not rocket scientists folks!

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:10 am

Get away from my man!

SDC63 December 27, 2012 at 3:34 pm

You were fired, Reg. Remember?

Shofar December 27, 2012 at 9:44 am

He may have decided to make this vacation guy time because every time he’s spent been with the family he seems to get photographed doing something unmanly. Remember the bike ride on the “girly” bike? Then there have been all the times he’s been caught shoving food in his face.

My guess is that he’s wanting to appear more alpha male as he gets ready to go up against John (Tears) Boehner.

It is beyond me how a country that carved out of the wilderness the most prosperous nation to have ever existed, one that saw brother fight brother and yet rebuild, one that fought and won two world wars, one that has fought a protracted war against radical Islam has ended up with, as it two dominate male leaders one that is a crybaby, and the other that is a mamma’s boy.

I’m beginning to think that they are slipping estrogen into the water supply in DC to effeminate all the males in politics. Pelosi has more testosterone than these two. I hope as we go over the cliff, someone grabs a branch on the way down.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 9:49 am

obama looks like a fairy in his photo ops, conversely, Putin looks like a rugged man’s man in his photo ops.

interesting “world leader” dynamics.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 9:50 am

playing golf is alpha male? LOL

Car in December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

LOL, in his world it is.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:12 am

He just loves playing with little white balls.

Car in December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Shofar, I have to agree. I can’t believe how many people have taken this “I’m checking out, our nation is doomed” mentality. If such men were the majority in 1776, we would be all speaking with an English accent right now.

Whining babies who’ve decided their “plan” of action is to bug out and begin elsewhere.

foolish, foolish people.

Gsyle December 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

In that pic of him on the bike he looked like the TV character Steve Urkel.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:54 am

Don’t insult Steve Erkel like that! Steve was intelligent!

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:29 pm

It’s going to be brother against brother again, I fear, but with a slightly different conotation. It is a sad and dangerous America that this man hath wrought.

Deskboy December 27, 2012 at 5:23 pm

My female black Lab is more macho than Tears Boehner

Shofar December 27, 2012 at 9:45 am

Keith – two days in a row linked at Drudge, congrats. Let the trolling begin.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:15 am

Drudge or not, present-dent Barry Kardashian Blamer in Chief reaps what he sows. Punish your enemies, bring a gun to a knife fight, police acted stupidly, if I had a son, grandmother was a typical white woman, I won you lost, clinging to guns and religion, I, I, I, me, me, me……….

lc southern December 27, 2012 at 10:37 am

Congratulations Keith, 2 days in a row for Drudge Report!

Y December 27, 2012 at 9:50 am

Not only is he a poor leader he is an idle leader. He just idles away time doing nothing of importance for this country.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 9:51 am

Present.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:16 am

Resident Present-dent Barry Kardashian. Where’s the camera?

Darrel December 27, 2012 at 9:54 am

It’s a fake marriage with no love between Barry and the Mooch. Barry prefers men over women – for ALL activities.

margielyle December 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

How many hundreds of thousands of borrowed dollars were spent per hour of Obama’s vacation?

Failed Obamessiah December 27, 2012 at 9:55 am

Family man?

How many packs of Newports did he finish off?

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:19 am

How much choom is returning on Air Farce One with him?

hawaii December 27, 2012 at 10:04 am

Now

Why would Obama spend any time in church, when there are no cameras around?

gramps December 27, 2012 at 10:05 am

If you had a choice of playing golf and spending time with those 3 (wife / kids) which would you pick…. HUH???
Fun or big B_TT and UGLY…. ?
He may be smarter than we give him credit…
Wash my mouth out with LifeBoy… that is so RACIST of me…

SDC63 December 27, 2012 at 3:36 pm

I don’t think highly of Moochelle, but his kids are just kids, and therefor should be left alone!

Bob-o December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Obama is gay and prefers the company of men……he’s been keeping his gayness on the “down low” for years……Michelle Obama was probably inseminated with a turkey baster.

I bet dimes to doughnuts that when he gets back to Washington, Reggie Love will be waiting.

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

Barry has new boy toys now. Reggie is so last year.

Jackson December 27, 2012 at 10:06 am

Sounds like he would rather be with the “boys” hmmmmmmmmmm.

John Rambo December 27, 2012 at 10:09 am

I wonder if he had time to blow anyone in a limo?

Reggie_Love December 27, 2012 at 10:23 am

He did blow, then he blew, then he was blown.

Mike Benton December 27, 2012 at 10:11 am

I would not spend any more time with HER than I had to.

JBar595 December 27, 2012 at 10:22 am

A marriage of convience only.

Joe Plumber December 27, 2012 at 10:25 am

I don’t think muslims go to “church”…

reno December 27, 2012 at 10:27 am

Let Barry stay and play golf till 2016 and let BITE ME run the dog and pony show…..at least it would be funny to watch

Lizzy December 27, 2012 at 10:52 am

I’d hate to be stuck on an island even a very nice one with Barry or Michelle.
This return trip is just a photo op means nothing he threw us under the cliff the
minute he was sworn into office. Now it’s 4 years of spending by Michelle and
Barry undoing the Constitution.

Caligula December 27, 2012 at 10:59 am

i love how they have the “Latin American Cupid” advertisement on this site. Like barry’s secret service guys read the dossier.

MichelleIndependent December 27, 2012 at 11:05 am

mooch is just his beard.

EggsBenedict December 27, 2012 at 11:17 am

It’s the other way around.

The “women folk” Spent four hours with the third world loser and then the females managed to get in 21 hours of tax payer funded ,shopping .

Garys opinion December 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

Who can blame him? Would you want to spend any time with Michelle?

KCEddie December 27, 2012 at 12:17 pm

He didn’t want any sea weed for lunch ? LMFAO

JustSaying12 December 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

I could care less how he spends his free time including the holidays. What I do care about is that he instead of becoming more centralist in order to get a grand compromise done, he is becoming more ideological and is content of us going over the fiscal cliff in order to pay for his ObamaCare.

And to be honest, articles like this give his supporters ammo in saying that people who are opposed to Obama is all due to personal issues. It isn’t. My beef with obama has nothing to do with his social or personal life. It has and always will be about his politics and his continuing gamemanship even in the face of really hurting this country.

Julie Brueckheimer December 27, 2012 at 11:50 am

People here are probably mostly letting off steam. The real concern is how much money the taxpayers have to cough up for these vacations in light of what is facing us in a few days. But even if there is some settlement, it will be unsatisfactory, just a kicking the can down the road some more. I hope Obama is not successful in painting the Republican House as the villains and bears the major responsibility for us coming to this point.

The House is the one branch of the government for “we the people”. Someone wrote yesterday that the budget is their responsibility and Obama has only to say yes or no to their proposals. In theory, true. But Obama has campaigned continually as though he alone has the right to make the budget and the law governing it. I wish we could kick him out for ignoring the Constitution. The saddest part, though, is that he has all of his followers convinced that he is in the right.

Darkangel December 27, 2012 at 3:39 pm

You’re correct to a point.

But the problem with the “it’s the policy, stupid” line is that Obama’s personal life IS his policy. His politics are undeniably shaped from his personal background. He takes the positions he does because of who he is. Thus, an examination of the man as person is, I think, a proper discussion.

Also, it calls into question his judgment and priorities. If he doesn’t care to spend time with his family, how can we trust him to be well-informed on matters that affect every other American family? If he spends this much time playing a rich man’s game, even while the middle class is losing ground, would that not make him an out-of-touch elitist who should be opposed on moral, and not just policy, grounds?

If you look strictly at his politics, and note that all of his ideas have been tested in the real world before and have never worked, you could conclude that the man is simply ignorant of history. But when you add in the personal side–the luxurious vacations at taxpayer expense, the parties with the glitterati, and all the trappings of the high life that he expects the People to pay for as they make less and less–it is clear that he’s not simply a political fool. He is a singularly evil, evil man, and the excesses of his rule must be documented to make sure we never elect someone like this again.

That’s assuming America even survives the next four years: if re-electing this archfiend does not put this Nation under Divine Judgement, then the Lord may be more merciful than I think Him to be.

Magnus December 27, 2012 at 11:43 am

Dad of the year

KCEddie December 27, 2012 at 12:16 pm

How much did he tip on Pole Dancing ? LMFAO

Anthony Mxyzptlk December 27, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Admirable conciseness.

Artic Lion December 27, 2012 at 12:20 pm

I accidentally found your blog. Glancing through the comments, I see that your “readers” are, in general, uneducated conservative republicans who hate President Obama. Maybe their hate is due to the fact that he is black, or they feel that for this reason he does not qualify for the job. It is a sad state of affairs.

I know that President Obama is doing a great job as our President. He is performing far better than his previous two predecessors. I might add that the kind of hate I mentioned above is also prevalent among the members of the GOP-dominated Congress. And this is why President Obama does not get any cooperation from these people.

Needless to say. I will avoid your blog. If your objectives are to “preserve freedom” and hold the White House “accountable” then you are doing a poor job Unwillingly perhaps, you are disseminating hatred towards our President.

Sadie December 27, 2012 at 12:40 pm

GOP dominated Congress? I think you are confusing the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Democrats control two of three houses since 2010. Prior to 2010 it was all three houses.

Don’t know how your measure a “great job” – but it falls short of my standards.

Car in December 27, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Obama’s doing better than Clinton?

What barometer are you using to evaluate his job performance?

Number of people on disability? Unemployment? GDP?

Inquiring minds wanna know.

Max17 December 27, 2012 at 1:42 pm

I wish you would accidentally find a brain. Substituting a race card for a brain establishes you as an uneducated liberal societal mooch.

By ‘great job’, you mean Obama is sending your check every month. That too is an indicator of the uneducated liberal societal mooch. You love the president because he is black and gives you ‘free’ stuff. Typical Gimmecrap Obama supporter.

Run along now. Surely there’s another check from your neighbors in the mailbox. Maybe you got another Obamafone!

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Man, I’m glad we ran that guy off.

Sheeple December 27, 2012 at 6:55 pm

Toss the race card little man. It has been reduced to virtual meaningless drivel from liberals. Google the fable of “The Boy Who Cried Wolf”. And NO, that is not a racial conotation you simpleton.

CiscoKid December 29, 2012 at 1:03 am

Don’t let the door hit you in the…..

SaveUsGod December 27, 2012 at 12:46 pm

They didn’t go to church on Christams day?!

tayboo December 27, 2012 at 1:10 pm

just an empty vessel

Wiseone December 27, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Mr. Barry Soetero White was just doing in Hawaii what he does best the rest of the time-busy plucking around-doing alot of nuttin. This guy is the ultimate professional bullchitzter and gets paid for it to boot!

Martifr December 27, 2012 at 1:27 pm

He’s gay. What do we expect? His “family” is another part of the facade.

Caius Keys December 27, 2012 at 1:29 pm

I believe it was Guinevere, Cindy Lauper, or Michelle Obama who said, “I loved you as President — sometimes as husband — but one cannot gaze too long at the sun.”

terryatrae December 27, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Have you seen his family, especially his wife? Probably part of the reason for his Dude time. That plus the fact that he is self centered and hanging on to the ‘old ways’ of high school and college. And a real possibility he DOES support the gay marriage thing…

Just a Guy December 27, 2012 at 2:20 pm

I hear he prefers “dudes”…

This guy is a waste of DNA…

HansJurgen December 27, 2012 at 2:23 pm

Ah, typical kneegroid daddy!

IamaproudAmerican December 27, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I wouldn’t want to hang out with him either if I was a family member. He likes the boys better anyway.

Brian December 27, 2012 at 3:12 pm

He’s a narcissistic whore living off you morons..enjoy.