Obama Vacation Delayed at Least Until Saturday

by Keith Koffler on December 19, 2012, 9:21 am

The Obamas are not expected to arrive in Hawaii for their annual vacation before Saturday at the earliest, according to the Honolulu Star-Advertiser.

The state had originally planned on an Obama arrival as early as Monday of this week, but vacation plans are on hold while Obama and Congress continue to try to reach a deal on the fiscal cliff.

With unemployment at 7.7 percent and they economy barely growing, most Americans have their Hawaii vacation plans on hold indefinitely.

DeniseVB December 19, 2012 at 9:33 am

Oh my. So Michelle’s not there already? heh, heh.

srdem65 December 19, 2012 at 9:41 am

There will be a deal of sorts by Friday because if Mama’s not happy, then nobody is happy.

DeniseVB December 19, 2012 at 10:33 am

According to the article, the Hawaiian area has been secured since last weekend, so we’re paying for their security anyhow?

Another good tidbit I picked from the article, this “annual Christmas tradition” has only been since he was first elected in 2008. I was always under the impression the family did this every year forever and ever.

mad as all get out December 19, 2012 at 10:39 am

nah, they couldn’t afford it before the tax payers started picking up the bill.

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 2:31 pm

When they lived in Chicago, they sometimes spent Christmas with ValJar at her home on Oahu. Don’t know why that can’t continue that ‘tradition’!

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 11:57 am

That made me laugh I bet many many people suffer if Mama’s not happy.:-)

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 10:10 am

Well so where is Michelle? Going to have to put her picture on a milk carton
soon keeping a very low profile lately. That means she’s spending money.

DeniseVB December 19, 2012 at 10:25 am

I’ve seen very little publicity about the holiday parties for 14,000 of their closest friends at taxpayer expense this season. Is there a media blackout? Even the reliable Daily Mail has been quiet.

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 10:30 am

I have been asking the same question, Denise. Why the secrecy – she told the talk radio guy that they were throwing parties every night…but no photos, nothing. We have the right to know how she is squandering our $$$ – she is a public figure.

DeniseVB December 19, 2012 at 10:42 am

Toys for Tots was the last photo op I remember. She didn’t look happy and her hair was askew. She also never seems to be properly briefed on this annual event. Toys for Tots is for very young children and she’s always whining there’s nothing there for the older kids. Someone needs to inform her about those programs for the older kids. D’oh Michelle.

MichelleIndependent December 19, 2012 at 11:14 am

Moo often looks drunk.

ImNoDhimmi December 19, 2012 at 11:09 am

And a terrible figure, at that.

Just2old December 19, 2012 at 12:02 pm

OK, I’ll pile on: I’ve seen better legs on a picnic table!

mo1 December 19, 2012 at 10:49 am

My understanding is that many (if not all) of the parties are for the staff of the WH, secret service, Congress, Judiciary and the like. Other administrations have held the same parties. Some invited individuals have posted photos or blogged about the parties.

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 10:26 am

Good question, Lizzy. Where is the MOOCH? TIME magazine has a photo of Obama sitting the the back row of bleachers watching Sasha’s dance rehearsal at Sidwell, but no MOOCH! She wouldn’t go to Hawaii without the kids. She didn’t go to Newtown! Where is she??? Enquiring minds demand to know! Wherever she is, she’s up to no good! The vacation is probably being delayed because of her mysterious disappearance.

ImNoDhimmi December 19, 2012 at 11:10 am

Maybe the liposuction went horribly wrong?

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 11:22 am

She’s been out of the spotlight since the election. I imagine as she has
shown her very obvious aversion to anything a real FLOTUS does I’d
be willing to bet the next 4 years will be her way or nothing. Bet she told him she’s going all out and very few duties this time. She’s shown by
her radio interview what she thinks of most of America and I’m sick of
looking at both of them. Her spending will be epic this time and parties
will be more frequent. By not going to Connietcuit she showed her true
colors and I wasn’t pretty.

Julie Brueckheimer December 19, 2012 at 11:49 am

She’s on black radio inciting black on white hatred.

Car in December 19, 2012 at 10:25 am

Oh, those poor dears. I work all weekend, and it was only through begging that I got the 24th off.

I will NOT be taking two weeks off, delayed or otherwise, to spend time with the family.

Car in December 19, 2012 at 10:28 am

Do you think the media will report it if Michelle goes early?

DeniseVB December 19, 2012 at 11:24 am

No, because of security reasons. They’ll report after she arrives though.

Car in December 19, 2012 at 11:47 am

That’s what I mean. Will they mention that she’s there? With our media, I wonder.

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 11:51 am

No but the Brits will:-)

regina December 19, 2012 at 10:37 am

spend, tax, spend, tax…

MichelleIndependent December 19, 2012 at 11:12 am

What do the grifters care? Barry does not even have to pretend to work anymore.

Here’s a frightening thought: Moo in a hula skirt!

Star December 19, 2012 at 11:18 am

Quick–brain bleach!

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 11:50 am

She’s back.
First Lady Michelle Obama reveals her favourite things about Christmas at the White House as Jenna Bush returns to former home to compare notes
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2250594/First-Lady-Michelle-Obama-Jenna-Bush-compare-notes-Christmas-White-House.

Star December 19, 2012 at 11:52 am

ew

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 12:11 pm

Ewww indeed.

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Jenna was on Morning Joe this a.m. What a beautiful girl (inside and out) – loving and caring. She spoke very directly about the fact that her parents and grandparents always treated their SS agents and staff like family by ALWAYS giving them time off for holidays. They always spent their Christmas at Camp David so the staff could be with their families. What a contrast to the current occupants! I miss the Bushes…..and Barney!

Lizzy December 19, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Boy so do I they really made Christmas special and evoked the warm
feeling you get. Unlike the current residents who manage to make it
painful and phony.

movedtothefarm December 19, 2012 at 12:19 pm

How dare Barry and Mooch go away to fake their close ties to Hawaii when Rome is burning

My savings for a vacation this year has gone to pay for the increase in food, gas, health care etc – been working on my 2013 budget for months – to determine how much more to budget for the increases for my basic needs.

bty-I’ll never go vaca to Hawaii again

Noma December 19, 2012 at 8:36 pm

Kids still in school until then….duh…

Periwnikel December 20, 2012 at 3:47 pm

If Michelle and her daughters are still in Washington, you can bet it’s because the girls wanted to stay around for activities with their friends. Nothing, but nothing, slows Michelle down when it’s “vacay time!!!”

Nolikeo December 21, 2012 at 8:14 pm

Why don’t the serfs just buy those Asshats a mansion and a 747 and get them gone forever? He doesn’t like to work and she hates the WhiteHouse. And then he could play sh**y golf, eat ice cream and hit the pipe. (isn’t golf elitist?)
He’s so sexy in sandals and slacks…a real Greek God;)