Obama to Deliver Statement on Gun Control

by Keith Koffler on December 19, 2012, 8:10 am

President Obama will deliver a statement at 11:45 am this morning announcing his new gun control task force, which will be led by Vice President Biden.

Obama will appear in the White House briefing room, and it seems he may take some questions, given that the White House says that Press Secretary Jay Carney will not brief today as planned.

Carney said Tuesday that Obama supports an upcoming push by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to revive the “assault weapons” ban, as well as restrictions on high capacity ammunition clips and efforts to close the gun show “loophole.”

Biden will also be on hand for the remarks. I will live stream the event.

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

srdem65 December 19, 2012 at 8:35 am

Just when we start to worry that Washington is out of control with anti-gun hysteria, it seems that cooler or saner heads will prevail. A task force led by VPBiden guarantees that hearings will be held, witness testimony will be heard, lawyers will research obscure laws, and a report will be issued late in 2013 that Congress will ignore because of the upcoming elections.

Star December 19, 2012 at 11:29 am

Leadership by vacation–stir up, delegate, leave.

Kimbly December 19, 2012 at 8:45 am

I am sickened by the hypocrisy of an administration that demands the control of its citizen’s guns, and yet is directly responsible for supplying guns that also led to countless deaths, including young innocents.

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 8:49 am

Bite Me???, My first thought was Obama is not taking gun control seriously, especially because the task force iincludes MENTAL HEALTH policies. I mean, he has to be kidding, right? On second thought, I think he’s sending crazy old Joe out there to talk us to death!

RickW December 19, 2012 at 8:53 am

Girly, can’t you see a poster of the Sheriff with a caption “Should a nut like me have an assault rifle?”

Just2old December 19, 2012 at 8:54 am

Pinch me, I can hardly wait….

Agree with all three of the cementer’s above, well said.

Julie Brueckheimer December 19, 2012 at 9:36 am

Hah! Wasn’t Biden the one who was supposed to lead the stimulus and jobs committee? He couldn’t head up a paper drive.

Danceswithtruth December 19, 2012 at 9:48 am

Personally, I love Old Joe’s flexibility. He has the remarkable ability to put his foot in his mouth and his head up his arse at the same time.

Susan December 19, 2012 at 9:57 am

Diane Feinstein is leading the effort to grab our guns? Does she still have her concealed carry permit? Evil hypocrites in the ruling class…they want to be the only ones armed.

Just2old December 19, 2012 at 10:14 am

yep, we protect our $$ in banks better than we protect the kids…shows you where our priorities are. Lets propose that we dis-arm the president’s Secret Service protection team and see how he likes that.

csinnm December 19, 2012 at 10:48 am

I heard this a.m. that besides Joe Biden, the commission will consist of Arne Duncan, Eric Holder, Kathleen Sebelius and Janet Napolitano. now there’s a blue ribbon commission if I ever saw one – NOT!

Girly1 December 19, 2012 at 11:33 am

Holy smokes! This has to be a joke, right? I can understand Eric Holder – he has experience in gun running to Mexico. I suppose Napolitano will lead the door-to-door search and seizures. Sebelius will decide who is mentally ill or not. And Arnie Duncan – well, he did a great job with the Chicago school system. This should all work out nicely!