New Translation of Famous Khrushchev Insult

by Keith Koffler on December 11, 2012, 1:04 pm

Apparently listeners misheard the translator who rendered into English a famous anti-U.S. declaration by former Soviet Prime Minister Nikita Khrushchev. The statement has now been updated to reflect the correct pronunciation.

So that’s what he meant. How prescient. Now we know.

The People’s Cube, which created this, would want me to inform all of you gullible capitalists that you can purchase it as a poster.

{ 1 trackback }

Just2old December 11, 2012 at 1:21 pm

Nice! They should have put “Forward” at the bottom….

Lizzy December 11, 2012 at 2:12 pm

Memories almost makes me want to duck and cover under my desk like in
the good old days of the Cold War. But since Nov I spend lots of time there
anyway.

Langley Spook December 11, 2012 at 2:45 pm

*Like* button.

Quintus Arrius December 11, 2012 at 2:25 pm

As Bill Whittle recently put it: the voters while still in a capitalist country, voted for socialism.
Thanks to the fine education system, the future voters have no idea what is coming down the tracks.
Get ready for long lines, shortages, and rampant departure from the rule of law.

cincycinco December 11, 2012 at 3:00 pm

“Thanks to the fine education system, the future voters have no idea what is coming down the tracks” – Quintus Arrius

That wasn’t an accident. Stupid, dependant “citizens” are FAR more easy to control than educated, informed ones.

Keep in mind, though, that they even blame the “ejication” problem on – the rich! Seen this?

And the morons continue to lap up this vomit, and ask for more…

Sigh.

Quintus Arrius December 11, 2012 at 3:23 pm

There is hope:

This is a real conversation I overheard this summer between my son and his friend, “the smart kid.”

The smart kid: Where is your older brother?
my son: He’s working this weekend.
The smart kid: That sucks. It’s Saturday.
my son: At least he is making money.
The smart kid:(silence)

Quintus Arrius December 11, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Julie Brueckheimer December 11, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Ah yes, our fine education system. 17th in the world in science.

Langley Spook December 11, 2012 at 2:43 pm

Obama is a Socialist.

Need we say more?

Susan December 11, 2012 at 3:32 pm

Actually I believe he is a Marxist of the Black Liberation Theology flavor. Socialism is just a pit stop on the way to his Nirvana and America’s hell…

Julie Brueckheimer December 11, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Maybe that is what you call his particular brand of ‘Marxism’ . . ‘of the Black Liberation Theology flavor’. It certainly isn’t classical Marxism. Marx would be rolling in the grave if he could know that the welfare state is being credited to him. With Marx, as with St. Paul incidentally, thems that don’t work . . . thems don’t get to eat.

Susan December 11, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Agree, it is not “classical Marxism”. Black Liberation Theology was invented by James Cone in the 60′s, and is based in Marxist principle…

LCDR M(Ret) December 11, 2012 at 5:02 pm

I was a cold warrior for the majority of my USN career. Russian linguist, spent countless months and years on ships, subs and aircraft holding the line against the “Rooskies.” Imagine my surprise, after the US of A supposedly won the Cold War, when one day I woke up and found that the enemy was really inside the US and not behind that nasty Iron Curtain at all.

I once met an avowed Communist in Dresden, Germany after the wall fell. He was still part of the government, though obviously not running it anymore. He hadn’t changed his world view, just the name of his party. He considered the little fall of the Iron Curtain thing to be a “temporary setback.”

gracepmc December 11, 2012 at 8:59 pm

Too funny. Thanks.

gracepmc December 11, 2012 at 9:02 pm

Funny clever. But apparently Khrushchev was right — sad but true.

super slim green capsule side effects July 5, 2013 at 3:13 am

When I saw this web page having awesome quality YouTube video tutorials, I decided to watch out these all videos.

nFRoSN5YNzhPHw September 10, 2013 at 9:51 pm

89681 285343Attractive part of content material. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capital to claim that I acquire in fact enjoyed account your weblog posts. Any way I