Rice’s Chances for State May be Sinking

by Keith Koffler on November 28, 2012, 7:08 pm

The prospects for a potential a nomination by President Obama of UN Ambassador Susan Rice to be Secretary of State took a direct hit today when she incurred criticism from a key GOP senator who can’t be accused of sexism, racism, extremism in the defense of liberty, or any of the other attacks being hauled at her opponents by the Democratic mob.

Homeland Security Committee ranking member Sen. Susan Colllins, a GOP moderate from Maine, emerged from a meeting today with Rice accusing her of having played an “essentially a political role” during the presidential election by blanketing the Sunday talk shows with the erroneous assertion that the Benghazi attacks stemmed from an anti-Islamic video.

Collins said she is also concerned that the Benghazi attacks are an “eerie echo” of the bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa in 1998.

From a report by Politico:

Those bombings in 1998 resulted in the loss of life of 12 Americans as well as many other foreign nationals, and 4,000 people were injured,” Collins told reporters after her hourlong, closed-door meeting with Rice.

“And what troubles me so much is that the Benghazi attacks echoes the attacks on those embassies in 1998 when Susan Rice was head of the African region for our State Department. … She had to be aware of the general threat assessment and of the ambassadors’ request for more security.”

Obama meanwhile today upped his defense of Rice, saying at the start of a Cabinet meeting that she is “extraordinary” and that he “couldn’t be prouder” of her.

Guillermo Grande November 28, 2012 at 7:36 pm

Arrogance on parade. He’ll double down again in the big game of blink. I don’t see the GOP getting a spine anytime soon. There is too much going on at once: fiscal cliff, Bengazi, Rice for SOS, etc. Either way Obama isn’t going to care much…he wins or paints the GOP as losers.

mo1 November 28, 2012 at 7:39 pm

When I was a young attorney, if a man said he was “proud” of me for my work as a lawyer, I took it as a sexist comment implying that I could not be expected to deliver the same service as a man. Guess when a Democrat says it, it’s not sexist.

lc southern November 28, 2012 at 7:46 pm

She is not qualified for the job.

Sadie November 28, 2012 at 8:11 pm

She, he, the entire cabinet plus POTUS couldn’t run a neighborhood mom and pop store. The entire administration is a collection of the former/current “Bubba clan”. They’ve upped the ante including direct ties to the media as in the case of Susan Rice, who is married to Ian Cameron, ABC producer. It’s a cesspool and the CDC should declare them a viable threat to all humans and livestock.

Susan November 28, 2012 at 8:23 pm

I can’t really get excited about Rice and whatever position she may be considered for. She can’t be any worse than the rest of the commies in this administration. I want the RINOs to call for Obama and Hillary to come clean with us about the events that occurred before, during, and after the Benghazi consulate was attacked on 9/11/12. Also want to know what these two were doing when they heard of the attack, and what orders were given or not given by this so-called commander in chief to protect the lives of the Americans under attack.

Julie Brueckheimer November 29, 2012 at 12:08 am

Bingo, Susan. I posted earlier that Rice is not the person who was dealing with the situation on the ground. It had to be either the State Department, Hillary Clinton ultimately, or the Executive Branch, Obama ultimately. They put Rice out directly in the line of fire when she went on the Sunday talk shows, and they are hiding behind her now. I hope the “Rinos” are not satisfied with this token sacrifice.

I am not defending Susan Rice for the position of Secretary of State. Incompetent though she may be, Hillary Clinton is even more incompetent. Her expertise is as invisible as her boss’s.

Just2old November 29, 2012 at 7:59 am

Agree, the whole crew is incompetent. We’ll be lucky to survive the next four long years.

Quintus Arrius November 28, 2012 at 8:47 pm

“I am so gosh darn proud of that little woman!” The word extraordinary can cut two ways. This is the GOP’s opening. Please remind the American people in a passionate and enthusiastic way that the SOS cabinet seat has been filled by true patriots that have served the country well in the past.
Thomas Jefferson, James Madison, James Monroe, and John Quincy Adams to name four, became presidents. She is a fast-tracked, shallow, political operative. She is ill-prepared to face down the Chicoms or Vlad and his Russian gangsters. The Muslims would be dismissive of anything she said, like they do with Hillary.

Melvin November 28, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Is there some way that Barry could be impeached for all this?

cincycinco November 29, 2012 at 8:54 am

WIth a Democrat Senate? Please.

Also, try “President Biden” on for size.

Plus, riots, etc., would ensue. As Obama ultimately wants, so he can declare martial law and truly rule by decree “just during the emergency”, of course…

As my handle suggests, I live in Cincinnati. It is named (somewhat inappropriately in modern times, given our current City government) for Cincinnatus, who took up dictatorial powers during a national emergency, and then suprised EVERYONE by laying them down and returning to his plow when the emergency was over.

Faced with a similar situation, do you think Obama would lay down the fasces? Or embrace it?

No, impeachment, even if successful, would only widen the downward road. Not really an option no matter what.

Melvin November 29, 2012 at 9:47 am

I had thought of a President Biden and that makes a second term of Obama almost palatable!

srdem65 November 28, 2012 at 9:29 pm

It’s a shame. Just like everything and everyone that MrObama touches turns into a lost cause, MsRice has been reduced to an pathetic affirmative-action prospect for the SoS position.
Of all the things that she might be, stupid isn’t one of them. She has to know that she was badly used by the WhIteHouse to cover their failures in the MiddleEast before the election. So afraid that voters would find out the truth that alQueda wasn’t dead and that MrO was lying, they sent MsRice out to endorse a theory that had no basis in reality without any concern for her legacy or reputation. Afterwards, when the truth did surface, they tied her to a post like a sacrificial goat and let anyone take a bite while they planned a finger-pointing at the next victim.

It’s a shame, really. The Dem war on women takes another captive.

gracepmc November 28, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Rice is blinded by ideology and a very set view of the world. Being used and a tarnished is not a factor. She allowed herself to be used by Mr. Revenge.

gracepmc November 28, 2012 at 10:33 pm

Nice job — someone finally pulls from Rice’s Africa experience.

cincycinco November 29, 2012 at 8:35 am

“Obama meanwhile today upped his defense of Rice, saying at the start of a Cabinet meeting that she is “extraordinary” and that he “couldn’t be prouder” of her” – Keith Koffler

Hey, I actually AGREE with Obama!
1) She IS “extraordinary”! At least, I would hope the ORDINARY people
would not dissemble so readily, so gleefully, so repeatedly, and
without any moral or legal compunctions about telling such large lies
concerning the deaths of heros for purely political reasons.

2) I, too, “couldn’t be prouder” of her. That’s because I’m not proud of her
at all, and to the extent past is prolouge, I see no reason I ever would be.
Maybe, like Michelle Antonette, for the first time I’ll be proud of her – if
she resigns and removes her name from any future political
consideration. Lacking that, I’d say it is, indeed, a fair statement to say
that, indeed, it is not possible to be any prouder of her.

Star November 29, 2012 at 10:38 am

This whole Rice deal has entered Distraction Land. Poo on it.

Scottso November 29, 2012 at 3:22 pm

Susan Collins is obviously a sexist if she doesn’t want Rice.

Either that or she hates women named Susan.

lose weight diet menu December 3, 2012 at 10:09 am

Ideally, this process should be relatively slow and gentle, allowing your body to get
used to being smaller and needing less or different food.

Have you ever wondered why there are so many weight loss programs
out there. This sort of effect can also happen if you’ve suddenly taken up a strenuous new sport or hobby, such as running, cycling or dancing.

is quantrim safe March 20, 2013 at 11:25 pm

I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any internet browser
compatibility problems? A number of my blog readers have complained about my blog not operating correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera.
Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?

healthy weight loss foods June 2, 2013 at 8:01 am

I’ve tried for your previous 35 an extended time to get rid of and Continue to maintain OFF my belly undesirable body fat. I have attempted each thing from consuming system capsules, personal trainers, nearly each and every diet program regime ever proposed, I presently spend out on two wellbeing club memberships, at a time, and also have not had the time for you to employ the benefits of both amongst them in over a 12 months. I’ve to
state that only matter that assisted me best diet to
lose weight the fastest hoping the ambiance, ease in addition
to the availability of your respective services turning into opened from 5:
00a.m until ten:00pm would encourage me to remain on course, attend a lot
of the cardio lessons, aquatics lessons, phase courses
etc…

Chun June 26, 2013 at 1:23 am

Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is an extremely smartly
written article. I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to read more of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I will definitely return.

modern wall decoration pictures September 13, 2013 at 4:07 am

Have you ever considered about including a little bit more than just your articles?
I mean, what you say is fundamental and everything.

However imagine if you added some great pictures or video
clips to give your posts more, “pop”! Your content is excellent but
with images and video clips, this website could undeniably be one of the greatest in its
niche. Amazing blog!

ralph lauren hombre August 18, 2014 at 5:16 pm

. Gracias por su mensaje sitio. Jones y yo estamos realmente ahorrando para obtener una nueva publicación sobre este tema y su puesto ha hecho a todos nosotros para salvar nuestro propio dinero. Sus nociones de verdad aclararon todas nuestras preguntas. De hecho, mucho más de lo que habíamos pensado antes de cuando nos topamos con su fantástico blog. Ya no nos nutrimos dudas tan bien como una mente perturbada porque has hecho que asistieron a nuestras propias necesidades en este post. Gracias