Obama Schedule || Wednesday, November 28, 2012

11:35 am || Delivers remarks on the fiscal cliff
3:00 pm || Holds a Cabinet meeting
4:45 pm || Meets with business leaders to discuss the fiscal cliff

All times Eastern
Live stream of Carney briefing at 12:30 pm

srdem65 November 27, 2012 at 8:47 pm

I’m surprised the SecretService guys are going to allow him to speak on a cliff. If he falls off, it’s their behinds in a jam and we’ll have to deal with PresBiden.

Star November 28, 2012 at 3:28 pm

:-)

Susan November 27, 2012 at 9:34 pm

Wow, a cabinet meeting. What’s the occasion?

Boo November 27, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Perhaps another photo op like the last cabinet “meeting.”

Just2old November 28, 2012 at 6:31 am

Resignation letter format prep would be my guess.

anneinarkansas November 27, 2012 at 9:43 pm

Are these remarks to be delivered in front of the yucky yellow shower curtain?
I can hardly contain myself wating for what dear leader has to say.
He would never understand that many of us feel that we are already over the cliff.
The future looks bleak tonight.
Depression is not a strong enough word for how many of us feel.

Sadie November 27, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Fiscal cliff will be reduced to ‘slippery slope’ by the end of December and promoted as a ski vacation.

Anyone else notice that the political lexicon changes with the season….haven’t heard the word j-o-b-s in months and only when it’s been linked to the unfilled 600,000 manufacturing jobs due to the lack of qualified applicants. Exactly what are the bozos in Washington trying to do to rectify the problem?

SnarkEsq. November 27, 2012 at 11:09 pm

More of the same, except the lazy ass is starting at 10 am instead of 10:30 for a change. What a flipping joke. Nothing gets accomplished and all BHO is doing is counting down the days to the Hawaii vacation. I’d bet money on the fact that Moochelle and the kids, (plus 200 friends and relatives, and the dog), will be traveling there by separate plane a few days before BHO. I’m disgusted by it all and so freaking fed up it’s not funny. That’s why I haven’t been commenting much these days. Every time I read about, or see or hear Obummer, only one sentence comes to mind and I’d better not repeat it here.

Sadie November 28, 2012 at 2:25 am

Snark, you’re not alone. They’ve whittled us down to toothpicks, which is why we don’t have enough wood to start a fire (metaphorically speaking).. That was and is the plan, degrade, dismantle, dilute and diminish. The best that can be done is to pass the torch to the next generation and they’ll either light a fire with it or not. In the meantime, I’ll be damned if they’ll shut me up. The bastards will have to deal with one very cranky old lady.

Susan November 28, 2012 at 9:34 am

Spot on, Sadie. I feel your pain, Snark. After the election I told my husband I was done with politics. Let the idiots who voted for this fraud enjoy what’s coming to them. That lasted less than one day. Walking away would mean accepting defeat, which is something our founders would have never dreamed of doing. They put their lives, their fortunes, and their sacred honor on the line for America’s freedom. We owe it to them to keep the torch of liberty lit for our progeny no matter where it leads us. Hey, maybe we should start our own group – Cranky Old People United!

ol gator November 28, 2012 at 9:52 am

In the midst of the darkest days in our country’s history, we must must not give up the fight for freedom, against the onslaught of the progressive movement & the unsound practices of a govt. which has turned from the will of it’s people. There is really no where to escape from this wickedness. Hang in there until the last “toothpick” :)

Praying these days will pass before the America we know is diluted and destroyed..

SnarkEsq. November 28, 2012 at 11:10 am

Sadie, Susan, gator, thanks for the pep talk. Trying to stay positive but having a hard time shaking that feeling of being fed up and disgusted. Like so many others, the last four years have been the longest and most difficult of my life and I’m having a hard time trying to muster up the courage to endure another four years of the same or worse. I’m still following politics, but not spending as much time watching and reading about every detail. Sometimes I wish I just didn’t give a crap and was one of those completely uninformed people in their own little worlds watching nothing but Dancing with the Stars and The Bachelor. I seriously wish I could just tune it all out and not care, but that’s not the kind of person I am.

Julie Brueckheimer November 28, 2012 at 11:30 am

I take encouragement from two Winston Churchill sayings: If you’re going through hell, don’t stop, keep going until you’re through and Never. ever quit.

Car in November 28, 2012 at 11:41 am

I have a similar tic.

“He’s such an arsehole”.

w/o the r.

Girly1 November 28, 2012 at 12:12 am

After four years of demonizing big business and capitalism, I hope these ‘fat cats” arrive with ptichforks and torches tomorrow.

The Original November 28, 2012 at 2:58 am

Stop the presses . . . BO is having a Cabinet Meeting. Miracles still happen.

CAR November 28, 2012 at 6:47 am

This is one of my hobbies:

I’ve asked for BO to call me and I haven’t heard anything yet….

MichelleIndependent November 28, 2012 at 10:11 am

Fiscal cliff?

Obama will turn it into a lavish ski vacation for Mooch and the girls.

SnarkEsq. November 28, 2012 at 11:22 am

Feb 2011 – Moochelle’s girls’ ski weekend in Vail, CO.

Feb 2012 – Aspen, CO

Feb 2013 – Telluride, CO?

SnarkEsq. November 28, 2012 at 11:23 am
cindylu November 28, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Cabinet meeting? what’s that?

are you sure he and the mooch aren’t shopping for furniture?

:D

cindylu November 28, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I shouldnt be making jokes tho-cant believe there are 4 more years of this garbage

Sadie November 28, 2012 at 5:00 pm

cindy, actually you should be making jokes – we all should. It’s a good survival lesson.

Star November 28, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Cabinet meeting–hmmm–is that where each agency head comes up with 10% in cuts? Aw–I was just joshin’.