Rove: Romney 285, Obama 253

by Keith Koffler on November 6, 2012, 9:19 am

Political strategist Karl Rove, who is working to elect Gov. Mitt Romney through his SuperPac American Crossroads, gives Romney a narrow win in the Electoral College, 285-253.

His prediction actually resembles the one I put out Monday. We both give Romney Florida, Virginia, North Carolina, Iowa, Colorado, New Hampshire, and Ohio.

But I also forecast Romney wins in Nevada, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. Of these three states, Roves writes:

While I put them in Mr. Obama’s column, I still believe NV, WI, and PA are in play and very winnable for Mr. Romney.  If crowds at his recent stops in these states are any indication of his supporters’ enthusiasm, Mr. Romney will likely be able to claim victory in these states as well.

One note of caution with Rove. He is one of the most knowledgeable political observers in the country and helped elect George W. Bush twice. But I still remember, when covering the White House in 2006, that Rove was boisterously certain that Republicans would retain the House. Instead, Democrats swept back into control.

Nevertheless, as a veteran of two presidential campaigns who knows every county in the nation, and as something of a genius – he’ll probably admit this if pressed just a little bit – okay, maybe if not even pressed at all – Rove’s predictions should not be taken lightly.

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

Danceswithtruth November 6, 2012 at 9:35 am

Good morning fellow friends of WHD! Well……I did my small part to fix one of the problems in this country. Regardless of the outcome of today’s election, though I am confident of the outcome, our responsibility does not end today. We must remain vigilant concerning our representatives in DC. We have seen what can happen when we put our collective minds together, as happened with Chick-fil-A. That same determination and will must not falter. Hold their feet to the fire. If they refuse to represent the will of the people of their state, we must utilize the powers we have been granted to enforce our will or remove them.

We have a responsibility to send a very loud message to the media. Demand a difference or turn them off.

Today was but a small part of the work that is left ahead for us all. I look forward to the victory dance tonight and will wake tomorrow with a renewed sense of awareness, hope and determination to right some of the wrongs so my children and grandchildren are not hindered any more than absolutely necessary. God bless and may our paths continue to cross as we embrace the journey.

srdem65 November 6, 2012 at 10:55 am

Well said, friend.

Just2old November 6, 2012 at 9:41 am

Bottom line: as long as obama is defeated, we the people will have won.

Go Mitt!

ol gator November 6, 2012 at 9:52 am

Thank you “Dances”… so well said. Seems as though REAL change is coming & not soon enough. In the midst of a blatant media push toward their favored candidate. We all have a responsibility to disregard their
smug efforts & vote what is right for our exceptional America… battered as she is from a socialist/muslim sympathizer in the WH to the distorted fools in congress, together we can make this thing right !

Star November 6, 2012 at 10:00 am

I am half-sick this AM–but determined to see it through. But Dances is right–whoever wins, the WH will have to continue to be held accountable–or at least dissected and discussed ad infinitum, which is our specialty. We cannot falter!

joelc November 6, 2012 at 10:05 am

Greetings from central Pa. If the early voting is any indication….many are estimating that it could be a record turnout here. Maybe somewhere in the 75% range. (In comparison, last spring’s primaries turnout was 26%.) We need that to offset the Philly crowd.

blondie November 6, 2012 at 10:07 am

Why is it that the only people on my Facebook who insist in writing their political agenda after they vote,are my liberal friends? My conservative friends just vote and shut up. I may have less family and friends after today!
I must admit,if Romney wins today, one of the best parts will be to gloat. And if he loses,I can’t wait to tell them all to “F off” when the economy crumbles!

Star November 6, 2012 at 10:20 am

Delete the comments on your wall–that is what I did when I was on FB. Upper right next to the comment–a DELETE will appear if you smear your cursor around. Yes–the friend gap is kind of sad and horrible.

srdem65 November 6, 2012 at 11:03 am

Star, Blondie; something happened that isn’t apparent to us that for the first time a political choice comes between friends and family.
Their insistance that anyone who doesn’t support their political choice isn’t worthy of being a friend is just bizarre.
In the case of MrObama, their undying support of him despite his horrible record of promises broken and putting our country in peril or debt, isn’t sensible.

Star November 6, 2012 at 12:00 pm

That is how I feel, too–and it makes me respect my friends (former?) less–even though I know I am judging.

GotFreedom November 6, 2012 at 10:18 am

A couple of thoughts for today. . .

First, pray that America is given a second chance to no longer be complacent; to no longer take for granted the rights/liberties/freedoms that have been bestowed upon us.

Second, as you vote today, say a simple “thank you” to all our military, past/present who have defended our country and our constitution and our right to vote.

Third, thank you WHD for all you have done to educate America–we appreciate all your time and efforts and you have made a difference.

JustSaying12 November 6, 2012 at 11:10 am

I honestly just don’t see how this is going to happen. Unless Romney outperforms McCain from 2008, he is going to fall short.

Star November 6, 2012 at 12:01 pm

You have “just” said this all week–I hope you’re wrong…we shall see… See? There is still hope in play.

Brink November 6, 2012 at 12:09 pm

Well let me just say, I have been following this as close as I can which is likely closer than most. Enthusiasm counts for much in voting. And there is no doubt that is in Romney’s favor. In 2008 Obama was new and exciting for many so he carried it. That coupled with a tremendous ground game and the Super Pacs. The Reps are far better financed than ever before. Romney’s crowd sizes are many times larger in battleground states. Once that first debate took place everything changed 180 degrees. Romney’s is a much superior debater than McCain as well. There are so very many more aspects that point to Romney having a great chance. Ohio is the focus like a laser beam today, naturally as it has decided the outcome almost every time. However, watch Pennsylvania, it is very likely to provide a win for Romney and surprise everyone. So, I guarantee he will far out perform McCain. Romney has a good chance to win very big and not even needing Ohio. Love to see that.

cincycinco November 6, 2012 at 2:57 pm

Sorry, you won’t get Ohio results for 10 days, if then, because of the whole “provisional ballot” mess that Democrats have made here. They get at LEAST that long to decide if they can count them.

Nice to know we can hold up national elections for the very stupid, n’est-ce pas? Wouln’t want people who can’t even be LED to the correct polling place left out, now, would we?

Madame deFarge November 6, 2012 at 3:21 pm

For Heaven’s sake! He has out performed McCain from the start. I voted for McCain…1st time R voter…life-long Dem before the DNC selected the poseur. Romney is 1000+ better at everything than JMc.

Susan November 6, 2012 at 12:11 pm

You are spot on, Danceswithtruth. We must remain vigilant. Just got back from the little church that doubles as our polling place and voted straight Republican for the first time. There is no room for Democrats until they throw the communists out of their party.

TheAblePatriot November 6, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Karl Rove, being the “good conservative” that he is – is likely TOO conservative in his numbers. I think Romney will get over 300 electoral votes! Happy voting everyone!