Romney: Unemployment Rise a “Sad Reminder”

by Keith Koffler on November 2, 2012, 9:32 am

Romney is campaigning today in Wisconsin and then Ohio. He will be joined at an evening rally in West Chester, Ohio by vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan, Kid Rock and nearly 100 governors, senators, mayors.

From the statement on today’s jobs report:

The jobless rate is higher than it was when President Obama took office, and there are still 23 million Americans struggling for work. On Tuesday, America will make a choice between stagnation and prosperity. For four years, President Obama’s policies have crushed America’s middle class. For four years, President Obama has told us that things are getting better and that we’re making progress. For too many American families, those words ring hollow.

Ryan will campaign in Colorado and Iowa before joining Romney in Ohio.

In a statement, White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Alan Krueger said the employment report, which also showed a gain of 171,000 jobs, “provides further evidence that the U.S. economy is continuing to heal from the wounds inflicted by the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”

whtnationalist November 2, 2012 at 10:32 am

To make things even worse the Washington Times reports that 2 of 3 jobs went to immigrants. The study doesn’t address how many were illegal immigrants, but you can be sure many are here illegally.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

I wonder who is hiring all of these illegal immigrants! maybe they should stop it, pay livable wages and hire honest hard working Americans!

Doug November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I don’t think such a thing exists as “honest hard working Americans”…look at all the people on disability, on nearly two years unemployment benefits, Union thugs turning non-union people away coming to help the survivors of Sandy.
Just face it you want to sit on your mother’s couch and collect bennys.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:27 pm

I work 2 jobs.

higher ed administrator – advising
adjunct college professor – freshman creative writing and lit classes

LOL November 2, 2012 at 2:41 pm

Oh wow, that’s some serious irony: An English professor who doesn’t know the definition of “honest, hard work.”

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 3:41 pm

what makes you think I don’t know the definition of “honest, hard work”?

joey November 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Im a hard working American who can not find a good job for the life of me. All the lazy people I know work great jobs and do nothing when they are at work, yet I work 10x harder than any of them and cant find a job.

Mary B November 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

More mention should be made of the 14.3% unemployment among black Americans. This is a shameful and disgraceful number and yet the black community will continue to blindly support Obama who has done absolutely nothing to help them. Talk about plantation mentality.

BlogMagag November 2, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Blacks… It’s more like 20% and that is depression level. They don’t include folks who have given up looking for work.. why??? that is misleading. We have 10%+ real unemployment, people who would be working if there were jobs available. It is criminal that this man wants 4 more years, and we are in trouble if 50% of the population thinks he will do anything different in 4 more years. Think of the future… 2016, $20 trillion in debt, and no Romney to fix it. Who is going to fix $20 trillion? Biden or Clinton? Who? Some other career politician? We will hold the media accountable. The day will come when they try and play the innocent card, but we know they have pushed us down this path of bankruptcy. Notice to all liberal media, you will be held accountable just like the politicians you promote. You fail to tell the truth. Once amnesty is granted, the country will officially be gone, just like all of our money…. no jobs, no money. And when the gov’t checks stop flowing, riots and chaos with the media blaming Bush I suppose. If you don’t wake up now, I have no pity for you when the S.. hits the fan. I’m taking care of my own.

Kraven November 2, 2012 at 1:21 pm

I agree the media is the greatest cause of our current predicament than everything else together. Obama has been a horrible president the thing is he might have been Ok if the media would have gone after his wrong doings from the beginning instead of ignoring all of the bad things he has done. No President in history has gotten a pass from the media like Obama has and the media is enjoying its time in the spotlight. The thing the media hates the most is when the truth actually comes out like in Debate #1 when Obama was shown to be the imbecile with w teleprompter that he is

Just2old November 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

obama and his pack of liars and thieves have just about ruined this country. We have got to get rid of them next Tuesday!

Darren November 2, 2012 at 11:12 am

If obama wins, it is because of the storm and Romney’s loss of momentum. This is flippin crazy.

CiscoKid November 3, 2012 at 1:15 am

Remain calm and Romney on…volunteer, donate and VOTE.

Sadie November 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

Obama is the Trojan Horse.

beammeup November 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm

Oh yes he is. Full of antisemitism, antichristianity, socialism, racism, laziness, childishness, class warfare, and lies.

beammeup November 2, 2012 at 2:48 pm

…and fiscal irresponsibility

Rich Teraci November 2, 2012 at 10:56 am

Obama supporters chanting 4 more years! My office today is chanting 4 more days!

Darren November 2, 2012 at 11:13 am

Hope you’re right.

Susan November 2, 2012 at 11:21 am

Love it! They’re never going to know what hit ‘em…

Joe Doakes November 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

“To be, or not to be, that is the question . . .”

William Shakespeare

October 18, 2012

Dear Mr. Obama,

May I ask you a stupid question . . . :) . . . Did you ever start a business? Did you ever try to convince someone to buy a product, other than malarky? Did you ever go online and do those forms with regard to opening a business? Have to answer that really dumb question “Does this business manufacture or distribute, alcohol, tobacco, or firearms?

I wonder if Eric “Fast and Furious” Holder ever read that last part?

I know this line of questioning is stupid. Because Americans know the answers. The answer is no. You’ve done none of this, and it shows, other than gun running and to do that you had to become President! I have no such ambition. Guys like me, at this point in the “Obama Depression” just want to keep food on the table stay out of the clink and avoid people like you because all you do is make people broke or dead. That is a skill set I happily lack. So does Mr. Romney who the American people desperately want to elect to lead the “Romney Recovery!”

You see, the American people have a very refined dipstick for malarky. These debates have demonstrated that you, and the liberal media are full of it, Ms. Crowley should have just hopped up on the table with a set of cue cards and given you a gold star at the end of that debate at Hofstra. Further, that Mr. Romney possess the character, competence, and the raw capability to sit in a chair that had we left empty these last four years we all would have been better off.

While at times we have let our guard down and allowed citizens who share your perverted views on liberty, and the free market, to inhabit that office “We The People” are wide awake and raring to go now, just like we were in 2010. Why you ask are we so agitated? Because we innately sense that this is a point in history that will be looked back on as a “to be or not to be” moment in American history.

“We The People” have the rarest of opportunities to get the right citizen, into the most important job, at the right time.

We will.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 11:53 am

yeah, who knows, maybe in time Obama can be as revered as Ronnie Reagan.

Pouncekitty November 2, 2012 at 12:08 pm

How much higher can he go? Obama’s robots already consider him a God, their dopey Messiah, he claimed he’d lower the oceans and heal the planet. People faint at the very words off his teleprompter. But he will be remembered as a nasty and delusional snake-oil salesman who was fired as a total failure.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm

I think history will be kinder to Obama than many think. He has been anything but a “total failure”. And he also has had abject success, how everyone has been conditioned to be so extreme and black and white is the scariest fact that has come out of these past four years.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:19 pm

that was supposed to say “hasn’t has abject success”

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:23 pm

dang, i need coffee -”hasn’t had abject success”

BlogMagag November 2, 2012 at 12:33 pm

REAL unemployment is over 10%. Food stamps at a new record. No, the economy hasn’t been this bad in a long time. AFTER 4 years. Imagine after 8 ??? You deserve the misery that is coming your way if you give him 4 more years.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

now who holds the magical unicorn?

After 8 years, lets see, we could be on the brink of complete economic collapse! now when did i hear that before? oh yeah Nov 1, 2008.

Joe Doakes November 2, 2012 at 11:00 am

“I was even crying. And then finally—and I haven’t cried that hard since I found out that there is 23 million unemployed people in this country . . . Now that is something to cry for because that is a disgrace, a national disgrace, and we haven’t done enough, obviously—this administration hasn’t done enough to cure that. Whenever interest they have is not strong enough, and I think possibly now it may be time for somebody else to come along and solve the problem.”

Clint Eastwood addresses an empty chair . . .

September 19, 2012

Dear Mr. Obama,

One of the lessons I’ve learned about muslim terrorists is that their main aim is to get me to change my life and give up my freedom; fundamentally they have already lost, I will never change my life to suite their whims. Real Americans know this. Admittedly, they have to some degree in the short term. When I get on airplanes or got to baseball games (I’m a Yankee fan, but I do not know all I should about all sports so please don’t get that impression). A day after the Libyan embassy was attacked I did what millions of fathers and mothers did across this blessed land. I went to my kids soccer game. While I was there some kid had trouble with her hair bun and looked up at her father and asked him to fix it, “Daddy can you fix my hair?” Like most moments when you see children do those things they are not so unique, special, but blessedly the norm in this nation; but not to me, not this day, on this day that Dad was standing in a very special spot.

Please allow me to explain. Every time someone gives their life in defense of this nation I reflect on those left behind. The daughters. The sons. The mothers. I consider the tapestry of that family getting torn apart, and the courage that those who do not serve must demonstrate to gently mend that tear. Tears will be ever present, and anger, and then people like me will just wish it was me instead of them, because at some point a man realizes that it is those that serve without reservation are far better then those that stand around and do nothing. I try to do something because I know that you are the wrong guy to lead them, but screaming my head off in your direction only goes so far.

Luckily, we have an opportunity to try to at a minimum select a new citizen to take your place and give matters like war and peace, and our fiscal house as well as our national soul a fresh look. We have an option of getting a new set of minds into positions of leadership and asking them some very tough questions, as I’m quite certain the liberal media will do to a Romney administration. Because tough questions require solid answers, not a constant stream of flubs, and if we don’t get the correct ones. I’m going to have start writing Mr. Romney letters. Because it is one thing to talk to an empty chair about matters of national import, it is quite another to think that relying on one is going to make matters improve.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

Star November 2, 2012 at 11:07 am

Yes, we well could start writing Romney letters–we all know things like repealing 2000-page laws with umpty exec orders, exemptions, and regs already in place are not easy. But we think Romney will suit up, go to the office every day, enlist cooperation–and try! I keep thinking over the weekend, there will be a surge–people saying what the heck, let’s try the new guy.

Now, I see the CIA has cobbled up a story of valiant trying in Libya–it took over a month to “investigate” all these actions? I don’t even know what to think. If they did try to rescue our people, it failed.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 11:55 am

your absolutely right, a new war in Iran will do wonders for those left behind.

Pouncekitty November 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

Romney’s now a war-monger? How silly and hysterical. This is probably what we can expect from the defeated and hysterical Left for the next 8 years. Their celebrity president did a horrible job, Romney will have a lot more to clean up than Obama ever dreamt of!

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

first off, i voted for Gary Johnson. from Romney’s website,
” In fact, the progress of the program has sped up and today, Iran is on the cusp of nuclear weapons capability. Iran is enriching uranium at its fastest rate ever, has installed and is operating more spinning centrifuges than ever, and is nearing completion of its fortified underground enrichment facility in Fordow.” this is silly and hysterical if you ask me.

“U.S. policy toward Iran must begin with an understanding on Iran’s part that a military option to deal with their nuclear weapons program is very real and very credible. This message should not only be delivered through words, but through actions. The United States should restore the regular presence of aircraft carrier task forces in both the Eastern Mediterranean and the Persian Gulf region simultaneously. The United States should repair relations with Israel, increase military coordination and assistance, and enhance intelligence sharing to ensure that our allied capabilities are robust and ready to deal with Iran.”

be clear, they are all war mongers.

Susan November 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Keepin’ Austin Weird, right rob?

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm

you dig it the most!

Joan Lussier November 2, 2012 at 1:01 pm

How could you vote for Gary Johnson on Romney’s web site?
Just sayen!!

BTW …..Romney is not a war monger!!

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 3:42 pm

someone called me part of “hysterical left” I mentioned that I voted for Gary Johnson. then quoted from Romney’s website. sorry for the confusion

Star November 2, 2012 at 12:32 pm

But he won’t turn around and blame everything on Obama as if he, Romney, were somehow forced to take the job. He is volunteering to do this–like Obama did, but then forgot he did.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:44 pm

I assume you are talking about the economy and, you know, i just don’t see how stating historical facts is “blaming” anyone. The country was on the brink of the greatest “recession” since the depression and let’s be honest it was/is worst than a recession. we were involved in two unwinnable wars that was/is tanking our economy and unregulated banking industry did help create one of the biggest banking crises since the S&L scandals and for those a little more extreme the fiat currency isn’t helping anything but i don’t know much about that. Unemployment is slowly rising and more stable, housing starts and purchases are up, banks have more liquid than at any point in history (may be a bad thing and a big contributor to national debt), the stock markets are all time highs – we actually have come from seriously low levels that in truth were due to economic policy and process all ready in place when this current president took office. “This Obama delusion” and “Messiah” bs is a result of msm, both left and right have fed this monster and look where it has led; just read this message board, any internet message board. it is nothing but hate and vitriol for someone who may not hold the same opinion. yay democracy!

Star November 2, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Two things…this so-called message board is not all hate and vitriol–I would say doubt and lack of respect based on behavior and results. The blaming reference comes from the inherited thing–every president had someone before him, but this one says he never knew how bad it was–well why not–he was supposed to know–and he was not forced into office–he wanted the job.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm

Granted.

I am honestly surprised no one is giving Obama any credit for trying to work through this thing and if economic indicators are any…uh…indication, then things are moving generally in the right direction. i think he is correct in trying to remind people what was happening as he decided to volunteer for this job and put in proper context exactly what he has accomplished economically, because apparently everyone has forgot – or maybe they just aren’t doing that bad for themselves. idk

Does that mean he has been a complete success? no, there are still things we deserve answers for. Does that mean he has been a total failure? absolutely not we have, so far, avoided the greatest financial meltdown in history and have started to move in the right direction, ask noted republican, Colin Powell.

Star November 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

What has he accomplished economically? My personal situation is a thousand times worse–we are poor now, no savings, lost clients, blah blah, too depressing to go over. Supposedly he did this by preventing something worse–no way to prove that. The stimulus was not thought through–it was basically legislative pocket lint or a longstanding wish list of projects Pelosi and Reid had in the drawer–it did not do much because it was ill-conceived. He spent all his time and his two yrs of holding both houses and the White House on that health mishmash–which is crammed with expensive, theoretical BS that would hit everyone some way or another. He followed preplanned withdrawals from wars. He did not forbid the killing of Bin Laden, although he mulled it at great length. He zapped terrorists and his families from on high. In between, he flew around on the plane, partied every nite at the WH, and went on entertainment shows to bask and preen.

To address your last pt–because we don’t go into all this maddening stuff every day does not mean we are doing so well for ourselves we don’t need to. That’s just silly.

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 4:35 pm

I am sorry for your personal situation, hope things look up but if one takes an objective look at trending economic indicators (housing starts, purchases, foreclosures, stock market, consumer confidence, unemployment, private sector hiring and jobs etc) maybe not on a month to month basis but generally over the last three years they are trending up.

I don’t think Romeny is the friend to middle class he is presenting himself to be, that is all. I also did not vote for Obama this year.

Star November 2, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Thanks for the best wishes. This is AZ, very ghost-towny and the housing market was decimated. It has now supposedly gone up 18%–to those of us underwater (my sister $200K, me $40K) this means yrs until we could sell in anything but a short sale. Housing is now shelter, not an investment. My liberal brother, a physician in a multimillion home in Wash State, just wrote me today that housing was going in the right direction in Phoenix–sure, getting one eye poked out sure beats losing two. If people with jobs (you now need a ton of money to buy a house) had confidence maybe they would buy houses and in 15 yrs, this could be OK. Think?

The Original November 2, 2012 at 7:51 pm

Sorryu, but I give no credence to Colin Powell’s endorsement. He has been a real disappointment for me. I really thought he was a lot smarter than he has shown himself.

beammeup November 2, 2012 at 2:52 pm

“Romney will have a lot more to clean up than Obama ever dreamt of!”
-true dat

beammeup November 2, 2012 at 2:54 pm

If at the end of Romney’s first 4, if (God forbid) unemployment is higher than it is today, do you think the press will not mention that at all? Do you think they will constantly propogandize the awesome recovery?

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm

maybe you should check out a couple of studies. 1 by a non partisan committee that the GOP tried to suppress that concludes Romney’s tax plan and initiatives do not do anything to spur job growth, as published by Forbes

another from Reuters that shows future job growth expected to rise. Romeny must really be magical if he can make this happen and is not even sitting president.

Star November 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

Who knows what will pass Congress. Everything is a proposal. Then people from all parties will have to pull together to thrash out final language based on real numbers crunched by real authorities. No magic wands. Justr real hard staff work and political horsetrading. Obviously, a promise is not even an estimate–it’s a goal…then comes the work. But you don’t do–as Obama did–and wander off and let professional Congress creatures like Pelosi and Reid do the numbers, bribe the members to vote, etc. so we can find out what they did when they are done. All members of Congrress need to be involved–to care–to work.

The Original November 2, 2012 at 7:54 pm

I would trust someone who was top of his class with a 3.97 in Harvard when getting his MBA while simulataneously receiving his JD from Harvard than anything that Obama would propose. Let’s give a grown up a chance to make a difference.

Obama has done nothing but play around for 4 years. I can’t wait until he is safely esconsed in his retirement mansion in Hawaii.

Star November 3, 2012 at 11:58 am

Some prof at Columbia was quoted as saying his average there was 2.6. Who knows–grade pts fade as an indicator as one ages–then accomplishments tend to cut in–in his case, uh-oh.

JustSaying12 November 2, 2012 at 11:08 am

Both ABC and Rasmussen has Obama and Romney tied going into the final weekend. And I don’t expect any poll (outside of the NYT) will be outside the margin of error because there are so many variables to this thing that nobody knows really expect outside it should be close.

This jobs report is just another unseen variable. At first it looked like good news for Obama for the most part. Stock market soared at first but now has the onion gets peeled, its stalling.

Joe Doakes November 2, 2012 at 11:12 am

The storm will have a big effect on this election . . .

. . .

I love gasoline! President Obama hates gasoline!

February 24, 2012

Dear President Obama,

Some day soon if I’m running across the national mall shouting “Wolverines!” while carrying an empty gas can, looking for some of that “Obama Algae,” at least you cannot say you were not warned. This nations 15 Trillion dollar economy is entirely dependent on the creation, refining, distribution, and consumption of natural resources like coal, oil, and natural gas. Each one of these components intermingle in a dance of price, supply, quantity, and demand. Their existence and availability is constantly perturbed by people of your ideological ilk that threaten these companies with onerous taxation and nationalization; up to and including, through direct threats and/or intrusive regulation. A gallon of gasoline should be considered a national hero. It provides us freedom of movement, and the ability to move about a great nation with a level of convenience only known to modern humanity.

It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to understand that when a nation as vital as ours is to a stable and advancing world; lazily relies on a portion of the world wracked with insanity, like the middle east is and will always be, we are committing an act of insanity ourselves. We even set up a federal department to fix this situation, which of course, they have made far worse. We have all of the resources we need here to become self sufficient. We have the oil, we have the natural gas, we have the coal, we have nuclear power; but more then that, we have the can do American ingenuity, and positive spirit, that has been and will always be our greatest weapon in defeating any adversary or national challenge.

Your administration has squandered billions on chasing the unicorn of the liberal free lunch, often referred to as “renewable energy.” One only needs to watch “Mr. Wizards World” to realize the foolishness in this pursuit on a national scale. I could build you a solar powered car, with a rechargeable battery, and then if I could find a human the size of a Luke Skywalker action figure it would work just fine. Just so long as it never left the driveway. In reality, electric cars can’t work because of size and weight. If we abandoned the safety features of these cars they would work, and people buy motorcycles so why would they not buy those electric cars? I’ll tell you why. Because you look like a dork in one. On a motorcycle you look cool. But If you want an electric car it can be done, and somebody will buy it. But it can’t be done with crony capitalism, lawsuit city, and federal regulation, plus Ralph Nader in the passenger seat!

So you keep droning on about it’s not my fault. It’s not my fault we invaded Libya. It’s not my fault that we have destabilized Egypt who is in possession of M1 Abrams tanks and F-16’s. It’s not my fault that tax receipts are falling. It’s not my fault that good Americans can’t find work. It’s not my fault that I’ve not done what had to be done to get this economy moving. It’s not my fault that I’ve so mismanaged NASA that we can’t even launch a capsule with an American in it without paying a gangster like Putin the vig. It’s not my fault that guns have been given to the worst of the worst because my attorney general ok’d the dumbest idea since the Edsel. Its not my fault that this war for one side of the same muslim/arab coin is lining up for a mushroom cloud. Would you like me to continue? Because I’m ready willing and able to do so.

“We the People” have taken enough blame from the likes of you. In short order, we are going to drive to those polls and register our firm displeasure. Even if we can’t afford the gasoline to get there.

Respectfully,

Joe Doakes

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

the unicorn of renewable energy? because solar and wind power don’t exist? you talk a lot about caring for children and future generations so why would you want make them completely dependent on finite natural resources.

“It’s not my fault we invaded Libya. It’s not my fault that we have destabilized Egypt who is in possession of M1 Abrams tanks and F-16’s.” when did he say this?

“It’s not my fault that I’ve not done what had to be done to get this economy moving” the economy is moving in the right direction, unemployment is down and stable, housing starts and purchases are up, jobs are being created, the stock markets are all time highs

“It’s not my fault that I’ve so mismanaged NASA that we can’t even launch a capsule with an American in it without paying a gangster like Putin the vig” You really believe that because NASA shuttered it shuttle program a couple years after Obama took office he is the reason and that decades of mismanagement might not even be a consideration. Just like the economy tanked because Obama took office and not the years of mismanagement before that fateful day.

” It’s not my fault that guns have been given to the worst of the worst because my attorney general ok’d the dumbest idea since the Edsel.”
this is a systemic problem and Obama does need to answer for this, however I see congressional hearings with a lot “I do not recall” statements that were so popular during Iran Contra and IRAqi WMD’s testimonies.

JustSaying12 November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

I don’t think the storm will have an effect on Obama when it comes to this election. I guess the only good news is that won’t be a positive effect on him either.

Not Nabob November 2, 2012 at 11:21 am

White House Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Alan Kruege (another person who needs to be fired) says, ” wounds inflicted by the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”

That quote is like beating a dead horse for laying down.. You’ll get no results from continually repeating that now. It might have scared people in 2008 but this is 2012 and people want results not rhetoric.

Traidenis November 2, 2012 at 11:57 am

22% of the companies acquired by Bain went bankrupt. This is a mediocre performance at best. How could you possibly entrust this country to a mediocre manager? Why not the best!

Pouncekitty November 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Wrong and uninformed. your number is a lie. But you want more of the catastrophic Obama performance?? Really??? 43 million unemployed, foodstamps at their highest levels EVER, business in total fear, billions of OUR MONEY going for failed “green” energy frauds? Bain Capital was a BUSINESS! They were not 100% successful. Obama’s incompetent regime is a criminal enterprise.

Dan Marc November 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

Anyone who knows anything about business knows that a 78% business survival rate is phenomenal! – especially considering that many private equity firms like Bain have a large % of companies in their portfolios that they are trying to save from chapter 11, if not chapter 7 bankruptcy.

Bain has always been considered one of the top 5 private equity firms in America – primarily because of their phenomenal success rate. That’s why smart investors capitalize Bain.

Dan November 2, 2012 at 12:17 pm

22% failed that means 78% succeed – yes that’s not bad when compared to the number of failed solar companies

Susan November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Have you seen the number of “green energy” companies that went belly up over the past four years under the stewardship of the “mediocre manager” currently in office?

Jessem November 2, 2012 at 6:21 pm

You are completely missing the point…

Individuals and business invest = Individual risk/reward = Encourages more investment from individuals/businesses

Government investment = Socialist risk/reward = Discourages individual/business investment

When a government gets into the business of investing, they take very rapid steps into decline for a Capitalist society. Like it or hate it, we are a capitalist society and going away from that system would be going away from everything that has made this country exceptional for the last 200+ years.

Conservative61 November 2, 2012 at 11:59 am

Rick Santelli, the “father” of the Tea Party said this morning that adding up all BLS REVISED job numbers since January 2009 shows a net LOSS of 61,000 jobs during Obama’s regime. Just for giggles, I did the math, too, and -61,000 is right on the money. All the other reasons to vote Obama out notwithstanding, we simply can’t afford another four years of this charlatan. Another 61,000 jobs down the toilet, at best, and the depression will be in full swing.

Star November 3, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Of course, our Gannett paper, AZ Republic–headlined the jobs report as “slow steady growth….” It’s a NET loss! They never figure net!

Pouncekitty November 2, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Obama has crushed business. He doesn’t understand, nor like, business, industry, economic development, only likes government control and government spending. This is a recipe for disaster, yet millions of uninformed and mindless celebrity-worshippers will vote for this clown punk again. Astonishing!!

Harold Bish November 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm

The real question is who are these republican CEOs and businesses that are employing colored immigrants over white lazies, who want a pool because their neighbor has one. Whose only skill is hate.

Golfendude November 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm

The incompetence of this Administration has been on DISPLAY long enough for any thinking person to make the right decision on Nov 6th.

Randolph November 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

If Obama wins re-election , I will never tune into ABC,NBC,MSNBC or CBS
for any programing or allow any of these station in my house of 6 T.V’s

Doug November 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

It is no longer the head (Barack H. Obama) of the beast thats wrong with our country it is the hard core liberal leftists 30% who have convinced another 20% of mentally deficient citizens who VOTE for such a disgraceful liar and panderer.
It’s too late America. Where is John Galt?

rob-in-austin November 2, 2012 at 12:48 pm

It’s been fun kiddies, office hours over, gotta get back to work.

Milt November 2, 2012 at 1:22 pm

Do the right thing. Back up your rhetoric with a determination to vote the Obama Regime and his minions out of office on November 6th 2012. Tell your friends and family we need their vote to save America!

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

In the past I remember that job increases in the 350,000 range were considered good. The new normal is less is more-for the masses. For the politically connected elites, they get taxpayer funded stimulus $$$$ out the wazoo and all kinds of breaks.

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Let’s see, the last four years have wrought record high unemployment. Record high underemployment. Record high food stamp use. Record declines in the wealth of the middle class. Record high long-term unemployment and dependency especially among minorities and women. Record budget deficits where are children’s future is mortgaged away, yet somehow it is against our best interest to not accept this as the new normal. The rich and politically connected have done just fine under Obama and will continue to do so. The middle class has been crushed and will continue to be if Obama is re-elected. Nobody is saying that taxes are evil. That is a bogus argument. But taxation for the purpose of punishing success or redistribution of wealth is counterproductive and will not accomplish the goals of more federal revenue or reversing this economic malaise forced upon us.

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Voters don’t like the new normal. That is why Obama is going down on Tuesday.

What we have now is not what a real recovery looks like, if you can even call it a recovery.
From the latest jobs report:
“Unemployment for blacks showed the highest increase in the survey, surging to 14.3 percent from 13.4 percent.
Also, the average duration of unemployment climbed to a 2012 high of 40.2 weeks”

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Obama is a failed president. His presidency is a complete and utter failure. Unemployment and underemployment are at historic highs for historically long periods of time. Record numbers of people are on food stamps, welfare and other federal assistance. Millions have given up looking for work. Trillions was wasted on so-called stimulus spending which only benefited politically connected, rich friends of Obama. The deficit is at unsustainable levels, and the economy is stagnant.

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

The wealth of middle class Americans has plummeted. We are still waiting for a recovery. Across the world millions are showing what they think of Obama by sacking our embassies while he apologizes for our freedoms. The only thing Obama has to run on is negative attacks, aided and abetted by his media allies. Do we really want four more years of his divisiveness? For more years of his lack of leadership? Four more years of ever increasing poverty and an ever decreasing middle class?

Kristen November 2, 2012 at 1:48 pm

No voters believe that things will get any better if Obama is re-elected. In fact, most feel it will get worse. This includes most Democrats. No, not the paid protesting class or the rich democrat elites, but the average Democrat voter. Obama has been a divisive disaster. He is constantly pitting one group of citizens against another. For two years he got 100% of what he wanted and focused on the wrong thing. At the end of 2010 he ignored his own bipartisan deficit reform commission, extended the Bush tax cuts for a second time, saying the economy was too weak to raise ANY taxes, then spent the remaining time campaigning against them.

His last three budgets have been defeated by bipartisan lopsided majorities. In fact, they have not received one vote. The Democrat Senate has not even passed a budget in three years. If they were held to the same standards that they want to hold Wall Street and banks, they would be in jail for dereliction of duty. All Obama has managed to do is divert taxpayer dollars to his politically connected elites. Forget the union man. If you are not extremely wealth and willing to pay to play or on welfare, Obama does not care about you. At least with Romney/Ryan we can have an adult, serious discussion about the nations fiscal health and some bipartisan sanity will be restored to DC.

beammeup November 2, 2012 at 3:01 pm

Haha, Kristen, you are on a roll. As you should be.

Not Nabob November 2, 2012 at 11:20 pm

Fastest typist in the NorthEastWestSouth for sure.

Mr. T. November 2, 2012 at 3:59 pm

Wow…lots of new “names” posting today – they’re out in force. Must be meltdown mode.

Sadie November 2, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Mr T – at the top of the comments, you’ll see that the WHD was linked into two other sites.

Quintis Arrius November 2, 2012 at 4:37 pm

I’ve noticed the prezzy is sporting his leather aviator jacket. So ” I’m in charge” and speaks to the guy at the top dressing for the job so much more than the white shirt and tie with the rolled up sleeves. Like saying, “yeah, I got my sleeves rolled up under my jacket, but the Stormy Sandy is gonna make people Bat-shit crazy in a few days, and I have to look like I’m in charge when I have to call in riot-control assets like Spectre C-130Us.”

Otis Driftwood November 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm

All I can think of now is Blazing Saddles where Mel Brooks had “GOV” in big bold letters on the back of his suit jacket. Do you think Mr O has one with “PREZ” in his closet somewhere??

Star November 3, 2012 at 12:04 pm

PREEZY

jb80538 November 2, 2012 at 4:41 pm

Gee I don’t know. There will be lots of construction jobs created because of hurrucane Sandy. I’m sure barry will take credit for those jobs created.

bojosatchmo November 2, 2012 at 6:46 pm

…And all the while the president parties like a rock star in the White House with million dollar dinners (literally). Check out this satirical protest song called, “Talkin’ Obama No Change in my Pocket Blues”. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z9d5yO04KY

Walter Weidner November 2, 2012 at 6:51 pm

The upcoming election is real tight – according the the poles. This may very well be the last election which dould be based on reason. In my opinion the next election will no longer be a tight one. the parts of the population which will depend on Government assistance will increase. Since Democracy is the will of the majority, the odds are changing.

Mr. T. November 2, 2012 at 7:06 pm

You’re correct – if Obama wins, we won’t recognize our country four years from now. The dependent segment of the population you speak of will indeed be the majority and whoever hands out the most goodies will be in the catbird seat from then on.

George November 2, 2012 at 7:09 pm

Yes, the economy is at a standstill with this Presidents failed policies of the past of marxism or socialism. Such as trying to get govornment control of buisnesses and banks. Wanting to control our buisnesses and raise taxes on them to get them. Forcing a failed socialistic medicine sceme on us which raises taxes and gives shoddy health care and death panels to those the govornment thinks is expendible or not politically correct or religiously correct in their warped view. And collective farming and using the military on its people which wont be any gppd either as will lead to starvation and loss of freedoms under our Constitution. So pray God will bring them down and scatter them by his power and vote them out of office. Sincerely ;

charly November 2, 2012 at 8:01 pm

To quote this article: “In a statement released this morning, Gov. Mitt Romney called the increase in the unemployment rate from 7.8 to 7.9 percent “a sad reminder that the economy is at a virtual standstill.”
That is disingenuous at best. Romney as well as Obama, both know it’s not the economy that is causing high unemployment. To quote The Washington Times by Stephen Dinan 10/31/12,
“Researchers say legals and illegals are more mobile than natives in America.
Two-thirds of those who have found employment under President Obama are immigrants, both legal and illegal, according to an analysis that suggests immigration has soaked up a large portion of what little job growth there has been over the past three years.
The Center for Immigration Studies is releasing the study Thursday morning, a day ahead of the final Labor Department unemployment report of the campaign season, which is expected to show a sluggish job market more than three years into the economic recovery.
“It’s extraordinary that most of the employment growth in the last four years has gone to the foreign-born, but what’s even more extraordinary is the issue has not even come up during a presidential election that is so focused on jobs,” said Steven A. Camarota, the center’s research director, who wrote the report along with demographer Karen Zeigler.

Rick Roll November 3, 2012 at 5:58 am

Obama has no business even being president. Seriously… think about it, what has he done that even remotely qualifies this man to be at this level? That he even decided to run is in and of itself a sign of his hubris. What first term senator with only two years on the job would look in the mirror and say, “Yeah, I think I am ready to be president”???

He has never actually run anything nor has he ever seriously managed people. Every literary accounting of the man shows him to be socially inept and aloof. Charming in a controlled setting, but never able to actually create real human connections. How in the world did he EVER become our president?!? I mean, you can tell he does not even want it except for the prestige it provides him… And they have the gall to label Romney as an “evil” business man? Mitt Romney, while I do not agree with everything he stands for, has done about 100x more than BHO to qualify him to ascend to the presidency. How the media continues to coddle this regime is beyond me… they must want America to collapse.

mrunpc November 3, 2012 at 7:49 am

First President to apply for college aid as a foreign student, then deny he was a foreigner.
First President to have a social security number from a state he has never lived in..
First President to preside over a cut to the credit-rating of the United States
First President to violate the War Powers Act.
First President to be held in contempt of court for illegally obstructing oil drilling in the Gulf of Mexico.
First President to defy a Federal Judge’s court order to cease implementing the Health Care Reform Law.
First President to require all Americans to purchase a product from a third party.
First President to spend a trillion dollars on ‘shovel-ready’ jobs when there was no such thing as ‘shovel-ready’ jobs.
First President to abrogate bankruptcy law to turn over control of companies to his union supporters.
First President to by-pass Congress and implement the Dream Act through executive fiat.
First President to order a secret amnesty program that stopped the deportation of illegal immigrants across the U.S., including those with criminal convictions.
First President to demand a company hand-over $20 billion to one of his political appointees.
First President to terminate America’s ability to put a man in space.
First President to have a law signed by an auto-pen without being present.
First President to arbitrarily declare an existing law unconstitutional and refuse to enforce it.
First President to threaten insurance companies if they publicly spoke-out on the reasons for their rate increases.
First President to tell a major manufacturing company in which state it is allowed to locate a factory.
First President to file lawsuits against the states he swore an oath to protect (AZ, WI, OH, IN).
First President to withdraw an existing coal permit that had been properly issued years ago.
First President to fire an inspector general of Ameri-Corps for catching one of his friends in a corruption case.
First President to appoint 45 czars to replace elected officials in his office..
First President to golf 73 separate times in his first two and a half years in office, over 100 to date.
First President to hide his medical, educational and travel records.
First President to accept a Nobel Peace Prize for doing NOTHING to earn it
First President to go on multiple global ‘apology tours’.
First President to go on 17 lavish vacations, including date nights and Wednesday evening White House parties for his friends paid for by the taxpayer.
First President to have 22 personal servants (taxpayer funded) for his wife.
First President to keep a dog trainer on retainer for $102,000 a year at taxpayer expense.
First President to repeat the Holy Koran tells us the early morning call of the Azan (Islamic call to worship) is the most beautiful sound on earth.
First President to take 17 day vacations.
First President to deny a request for increased security for State Department embassy personnel resulting in the death of four Americans.

Greg Neubeck November 3, 2012 at 10:00 am

Obama’s recent imploring/pleading of his sycophants: “to seek revenge against his political opponents”, has once again revealed the ‘ManChild’ for the vile character that he actually is. Observing the odious countenance and hate filled eyes as Obama appeals to his High School audience to castigate his opponents is a sobering scene. So much for ‘likeability’. One is reminded of the petulant display in the WH Briefing Room when Obama uncontrollably kicked open the door after his proposals for tax increases were rejected by the Congress persons in attendance. No WH occupant in living memory has been more destructive of our National cohesion than Barack Obama. It’s time to recast him in his Community Agitator role in the Chicago political scene from whence he morphed. Greg Neubeck

Johann November 3, 2012 at 3:53 pm

I would vote for Obama’s reelection if he committed to resign immediately.

Steve November 3, 2012 at 6:04 pm
Play Online And Stay Young January 6, 2013 at 10:56 pm

hey there and thank you for your information – I have
certainly picked up anything new from right here. I did however expertise a
few technical issues using this website, as I experienced to reload the website
many times previous to I could get it to
load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK?
Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times
will very frequently affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if
ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I’m adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

online marketing April 9, 2013 at 10:22 am

I am intrigued along with enthusiastic about what you are covering here.