The Obama Morning News || November 1, 2012

by Keith Koffler on November 1, 2012, 8:06 am

Obama back on the campaign trail . . . Reuters
Obama endgame: Sell record, ridicule Romney . . . Washington Times
GOP sees hope in three blue states
. . . Washington Post
Cable warned attack would overwhelm consulate . . . Fox News
Obama leads in Iowa, NH, Wisconsin . . . Wall Street Journal
Obama campaign ad features Powell endorsement . . . Politico

lc southern November 1, 2012 at 9:20 am

Fox only one to have Benghazi front and center.

Girly1 November 1, 2012 at 9:29 am

Journalistic malpractice! Impeachment better be the order of the day on Jan 21.

Susan November 1, 2012 at 9:51 am

So true. Fox has done an excellent job keeping us better informed on what happened in Benghazi than our own government has. MSM has lost any semblance of impartiality – they are nothing more than Democrat operatives.

Sadie November 1, 2012 at 11:16 am

“….they are nothing more than Democrat operatives.”

You’re too kind. I have trouble separating the MSM/al Quieta from al Qaeda – they both seek to destroy dissent and democracy.

srdem65 November 1, 2012 at 11:29 am

To all the above comments, I agree.

But, what is their end game? If it’s true that the politicians want to restrict free speech or to control the news entirely, then how would that benefit anyone in the journalistic trade.

The press, as a whole, isn’t a kool-aid drinking, idol worshipping horde, and they know as well as we do that our country is in dire financial shape, that unemployment is rampant and our future is bleak if something isn’t done to turn everything around. They know that MrO and the other Dems have no plan, no agenda to actually do what has to be done, but rather to continue to push our nation into a disastorous death spiral.
They can’t be so dense as to assume that they will come out on top, while the rest of us sink to the bottom.
I don’t get their point, their interest in keeping an incompetent in office or their lack of integrity or their willingness to destroy someone who offers another view.
It’s a mystery to me.

Star November 1, 2012 at 11:53 am

A lot of press people have been fired, too–or bought out. Good point–how can they think this will help them. Or anyone. While all this has been going on–and on and on–I have been in the front row of the destruction of the newspaper industry, a huge change in our national life.. Still, it is fizzling to life here and there…I quit the AZ Republic when it went paywall with a bunch of unctuous announcements from the management–and now they called and got me back offering me the same price I was paying. Maybe we will have a “press” again…maybe with an admin that respects the power of the press, rather than the gullibility.

Star November 1, 2012 at 11:56 am

PS I read that in NY payphones are king now after Sandy. Some people don’t even know how to work them. Wonder if they will also notice those funny black and white pads of print called newspapers in the boxes…of course, it would be the NYT in some cases….oh, well, you can’t have everything.