White House Dossier Fends Off Hurricane

by Keith Koffler on October 31, 2012, 8:07 am

Actually, I mostly sat and waited, and nothing bad happened. The lights even stayed on. I was almost disappointed.

I just wanted to thank everyone for their kind wishes and helpful advice. I was able to write throughout the storm. My sincere best wishes to any of you who were hit by the hurricane and were less fortunate.

Its seems the best way to help victims of the storm if you would like is to donate to the Red Cross.

Swedishlady October 31, 2012 at 9:36 am

I am happy to read that you were not affected by the hurricane, Keith.
I wonder what you think about Christies praise of Obama. To me it looks like a Judas-like behaviour. Will he now show up next to Obama and continue praising him ? Why is he doing it ?

lc southern October 31, 2012 at 9:56 am

You must be specific with the Red Cross that the money goes to Sandy disaster or they use the money or goods where they want to…

I think Christie is sucking up to get federal money…

Star October 31, 2012 at 12:23 pm

That one!

Susan October 31, 2012 at 10:10 am

Good to hear you weren’t affected by the storm, Keith. Stopped sending Red Cross money because they aren’t trustworthy, in my opinion. Texas is sending equipment and electrical crews as well as truckloads of disaster relief supplies to help the East Coast recover. At least I know that help will get to who it was meant for.

Shofar October 31, 2012 at 10:42 am

Keith,
Glad you guys survived in one piece. Hopefully the dog didn’t get to freaked out with all the wind, rain etc.

How ironic, you get through with no problems, and yet in my little part of “heaven” here in central Indiana, when the leading edge of the storm hit us we had power go out for a few minutes. Just goes to show that life is strange.

SaveUsGod October 31, 2012 at 11:57 am

No offense but donating to the Red Cross does not ensure the money will go to disaster relief for hurricane Sandy. You are better giving to the Salvation Army, Samaritan’s Purse, or places like that where you can specify the target. Make sure you check the percentage that goes directly to the relief effort. If it is less than 85%, try a different charity. Red Cross is infamous for putting money donated into the general pool.

GotFreedom October 31, 2012 at 12:59 pm

Give blood to the Red Cross, not your hard earned $$$. . .check out this story from the Japanese Tsunami. . .we are certain that there are many, many more worthwhile organizations to donate too who will give 100% of their $$$ raised to relief efforts and not to cover admin costs or saved for future expenditures–JMHO

Jennifer Masse November 1, 2012 at 2:48 am

Glad to hear you and your family are okay. Don’t know if you saw, but Michael Savage linked one of your posts on his website last week. He is #1 talk radio host on the Internet. I love him and listen to him regularly (daily if I can).

BTW — this is a good quote of the day today. Made me laugh. I feel like this administration is a circus under the big top — except there’s little talent and lots of freakish side shows.

Can’t wait to see what you post after election day!!!