Colin Powell Endorses Obama, Again

by Keith Koffler on October 25, 2012, 9:28 am

Former REPUBLICAN Secretary of State Colin Powell this morning endorsed President Obama for reelection, repeating the 2008 endorsement that helped give the callow candidate credibility.

Incredible that the man at one point viewed as the leading potential GOP challenger to Bill Clinton in 1996 is now again supporting the most liberal Democrat ever to hold the presidency.

I assume the fact that both Powell and Obama are black has something to do with it, which is a shame. I hate to bring that up, but I hate even more not to deal with reality.

If I caught myself thinking about supporting a candidate because they are Jewish, like I am, I hope I would put an end to it right away.

Here’s the video of Powell explaining his support.

KmB October 25, 2012 at 9:36 am

General Powell has fallen into obscurity these Obama years, until now I’ve forgotten that he was even a player in world affairs, politics or even commentary. There was once as Keith points out some hope from the General but he’s squandered his relevance.

Mr. T. October 25, 2012 at 10:10 am

Agreed…first word that popped into my head – irrelevant.

Just2old October 25, 2012 at 9:48 am

It’s hard to understand his reasoning. Does he still call himself a Republican?

Conservative61 October 25, 2012 at 11:52 am

The term “RINO” was coined just for Powell.

anneinarkansas October 25, 2012 at 9:57 am

In the entire ten minute interview, CBS did not ask Powell about Benghazi. Would he not be considered an expert on the subject?

Melvin October 25, 2012 at 10:06 am

why would they bring up anything that might embarrass the Pres (and Powell)

Melvin October 25, 2012 at 10:05 am

Keith

I wonder if Powell would have endorsed him if he had read this:

Please comment on this Keith.

Brenda A. October 25, 2012 at 10:09 am

He’s parroting talking points. I thought he could think for himself.

Who in the Bush administration p*ssed him off?

Or does he just have a book to sell?

OneOpinion October 25, 2012 at 10:10 am

Powell is irrelevant.

RickW October 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

When I saw this earlier online, it had a byline of “the highly sought after endorsement of…” I agree with Keith that its based on race but, lets be honest, I doubt General Powell is revered in the black community any longer. His endorsements of Obama plus his vacillations about running for political office have alienated Republicans so….Who is so enthralled with his endorsement? Oh right…..Obama’s cheerleading mass media.

srdem65 October 25, 2012 at 10:21 am

The General didn’t miss one Dem talking point, from praise for MrObama’s handling of the economy, to dismay at MrRomney’s proposed foreign policy.
His endorsement won’t mean diddly to serious voters, or to the majority of young people who have no idea that he once contemplated running for the presidency under the Repub banner.

He joins Cher, Eva Longstoseeya, Bill Mayer, the entire NBA player’s roster, the commie Hollywood B-list and every rapper who spouts obscenities as if it was poetry in supporting someone who isn’t qualified to be the POTUS.

Star October 25, 2012 at 11:51 am

I saw some actor from American Horror Story relieve himself of the opinion that Romney was reptilian and how could anyone think he won the third debate. You are the American Horror Story, bud–how much time do YOU spend delving into this? Powell is now about as credible.

Sara B October 25, 2012 at 10:33 am

Sad. This once great public servant can’t see the massive corruption he is aligning himself with unfolding before our very eyes both here and abroad. Obama will tarnish each soul who doesn’t recognize the difference between good and evil. Martin Luther King warned us that this happens when a man is judged but the color of his skin and not the content of his character. He must be weeping for his beloved country from heaven.

Lisa October 25, 2012 at 10:50 am

*yawn*

Susan October 25, 2012 at 11:05 am

You would think a former military man could see beyond the color of the man’s skin and realize he doesn’t have America’s best interest in his heart. Colin Powell put race ahead of qualifications back in 2008, so I’m not surprised he would do it again.

Thank you for your service to America, Colin Powell. Now please take some advice from the great Sam Adams – “Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”

Star October 25, 2012 at 11:48 am

Did he hold up a vial of white powder and say this is what he sniffs and I approve? I could not care less what this liar thinks.

Sadie October 25, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Twelve days out from the election Powell endorses, again – it’s lip service and probably a phone call from the DNC.

Christopher Taylor October 25, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Unfortunately for Powell and many blacks in America – perhaps most – the fact that President Obama is perceived as black is the trump card. I get the whole “yay one of us did well” thing, if some gamer geek Christian blogger got to be president I’d feel kinship and pride but that wouldn’t trump his policies or competence in my mind.

Otis Driftwood October 25, 2012 at 1:22 pm

have you also noticed it has been very quiet from the Rev Al and Rev Jessie camp? It’s kinda scary when either are this quiet.

Albeit October 25, 2012 at 6:11 pm

And to think there was a time I intended to vote for him had he chosen to run for the presidency; he impressed me in numerous ways. And all the while he was actually all about color. *face/palm*

rosenberg October 28, 2012 at 2:50 am

Lawrence Wilkerson, Former Colin Powell Aide, Blasts Sununu, GOP, As ‘Full Of Racists’ WHAT ABOUT THE ANTI-SEMITES AND TH0SE WHO THREATEND ME. ON THE DEMOCRATIC SIDE. SEE HUFFINGTON POST FOR RACIST REMARKS REGARDING ME. RABBI ROSENBERG