Ryan Takes Two Out of Three Post-Debate Polls

by Keith Koffler on October 12, 2012, 10:03 am

Republican vice presidential nominee Paul Ryan bested Vice President Biden in their debate Thursday evening, according to two out of three snap polls taken immediately after the contest.

CNN put Ryan ahead by 48-44 percent, while CNBC had 53 percent of respondents labeling Ryan the winner compared to 41 percent tfor Biden. But 50 percent of those surveyed by CBS News said Biden won, compared to 31 percent for Ryan.

H/T to Byron Tau at Politico.

William October 12, 2012 at 10:11 am

If I hadn’t already made up my mind, I don’t think that debate would have changed it. Biden was too over the top and Ryan was too under the table.

anneinarkansas October 12, 2012 at 10:15 am

If one watches CBS, he or she is already mind-numed.
Biden was a total buffoon, as usual.

anneinarkansas October 12, 2012 at 10:16 am

I meant to say numbed.

Girly1 October 12, 2012 at 10:16 am

It was surreal – theatre of the absurd.

Star October 12, 2012 at 10:42 am

I kept asking myself–is Biden “OK”? He seemed loony to me…that weird laughing, then the sputtering fury…

RickW October 12, 2012 at 12:04 pm

I suspect they were giving him electric shocks through his hair plugs. I wonder who REALLY did the debate prep, inmates at a mental institution?

Brenda A. October 12, 2012 at 10:50 pm

His debate prep involved sucking on helium balloons…

Terika October 12, 2012 at 10:48 am

Wow…I didn’t know they could get CBS in Venezuela!

Susan October 12, 2012 at 10:51 am

That debate didn’t change any minds in this neck of the woods. Hopefully, some reporter will follow up on Biden’s claim that it was the intelligence community (CIA) that gave them misleading information on the nature of the Benghazi terrorist attack. Also find it hard to believe that the administration had no idea the Benghazi embassy requested increased security, when it is a known fact that those decisions are made at the department level in Washington, D.C. If they didn’t know, it is because Obama hasn’t bothered to meet with his Cabinet, or attend security briefings on a regular basis. Noticed no security briefing on the schedule again today…

Playrighter October 12, 2012 at 11:08 am

Schedule? What schedule? Obama’s ENTIRE schedule for today is a dinner with contest winners at 6:30 PM. What does this guy do all day for $400 K per year? (plus about $100 million in expenses)…

BTW, the only things he’s done all week other than campaign events are two daily briefings and having lunch with Hillary at a time that prevented her from testifying before Congress on the Libya debacle. (That was his “activity” for Tuesday. Monday there was NOTHING on his schedule).

mo1 October 12, 2012 at 11:49 am

Susan, you are an extreme optomist if you think the MSM will question the Obama version of events in Libya.

Advocate Mom October 12, 2012 at 11:05 am

Biden’s behaviors, while often boorish, seemed to work for him. Paul Ryan held up against the onslaught of blatant lies Biden put forth as “fact,” as well as unfair challenges by Raddatz. The myriad of debate post-mortems will, I believe, fall on the side of Paul Ryan.

Just2old October 12, 2012 at 11:50 am

At this point, I believe no polls period.

D.V. October 12, 2012 at 1:58 pm

Just thought that I would add the comments of Barry Rubin to the AP comments on the debate.

aunty M October 12, 2012 at 7:29 pm

I kept wondering if Joe had had his teeth whitened. He showed them constantly. We watch for about an hour and left. Paul Ryan didn’t deserve
Biden. Ryan is so much better.

Scott October 12, 2012 at 8:59 pm

FYI, CBS poll showing Biden at 60% was an online poll, I believe. Not scientific.

gracepmc October 12, 2012 at 9:46 pm

And for the record, the RC Bishops called out Biden on his lie about religious freedom and the Catholic Church in particular. http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2012/10/the-bishops-speak-joe-you-lied.php Hope God has a special place for Catholic Dems like Biden, Pelosi and the Queen Bee Sebelius — I think most of the Kennedys are there.

Uncle Reggie October 13, 2012 at 12:19 pm

Now, how do you suppose that the CBS poll could be so wildly out of line with the other two? Hmm?

michele B October 15, 2012 at 5:42 pm

I just can’t help thinking of a recent movie I saw “…Dreams from my real father”. What does this all mean? if Obama is the son of Frank M. Davis? It certainly fits the current administration’s agenda on the economy and foreign policy. Very frightening prospect for the people of the US. After seeing Biden’s performance, why risk another term with this duo? A liar and an unstable VP who, just think of it, might be the next president of the US…if Obama is impeached, resigns or cannot finish out his next four years. Nightmare for the country.

turbo jam maximum results July 16, 2013 at 2:44 pm

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as though you
relied on the video to make your point. You obviously know what youre talking about, why
throw away your intelligence on just posting videos to your
blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

Kourtney October 23, 2013 at 6:32 am

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I truly appreciate yiur efforts and I am waiting for your
next post thank you once again.

elite review weight December 26, 2013 at 1:36 am

Caosu herb is simply among them. \\* Valerian, Parrot’s beak, Willow, Oak, Oregon Grape Root, Catnip, St.
In addition, these homeowners have comprehended the numerous
health and wellness advantages of this fruit.

kurtxixq.bravejournal.com January 26, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I think this is one of the so much significant info for me.
And i am happy studying your article. However want to
remark on few general issues, The web site
style is wonderful, the articles is truly excellent : D.
Excellent process, cheers

Lorrine August 20, 2014 at 10:48 am

I’m no longer sure the place you’re getting
your information, however great topic. I needs to spend some time studying much more or working out more.
Thank you for fantastic information I used to be on the lookout for this info for my mission.