Carney: Obama Governs Without Considering Politics!

by Keith Koffler on September 18, 2012, 3:32 pm

I’m sorry, I hope I didn’t make you spit out your coffee. Or your whiskey sour. I mean, it’s just about cocktail hour here on the East Coast.

But this is what White House Press Secretary Jay Carney tried to piously suggest today in response Mitt Romney’s assertion that he couldn’t reach 47 percent of voters who rely on some form of government handouts and were surely Obama supporters.

President Obama, Carney intoned, is “president of all the people” and does what’s best for them without focusing on one groups or another.

Of course, Carney had to be joking. But get this – the White House press corps was so rude – nobody laughed at all! I mean, they sat there stone faced as Carney delivered all his best lines.

When you’re president of the United States, you are president of all the people, and not just the people who voted for you” Carney said. You’ve heard the president say so many times, because he deeply believes it, that we’re in this together, all of us . . . What unites us as Americans is far greater than the things that divides us.

Carney was clearly making fun of Obama for the continuous stream of class warfare emanating from the president’s mouth. What unites us, of course, is resentment of those who don’t realize that they’ve reached the point where they’ve made enough money, as Obama once put it.

Carney was just warming up, but I thought I already had almost broken a rib, I was laughing so hard. Lucky I wasn’t in the briefing room, since it seems like I was the only reporter getting the joke.

Carney, whose monologue is going to be rebroadcast next week on Comedy Central, next delivered this:

You’ve heard this from the president It does not matter to him whether they’re Republican, Democratic or independent , because we’re all in this together.

OMG, I thought, you’re totally killing me! I mean, everyone remembers Obama’s admonition to Hispanics to “punish your enemies” at the polls. I was in a state of delirium, and then Carney laid this one on me:

When he fought to pass healthcare reform, he didn’t wonder whether 129 million American with pre-existing who would be helped by this reform . . . were likely to be with him or against hin in 2012 – that’s just not how he thinks.

Good one. I mean, let’s be honest here, how many Republicans don’t have health insurance?

I’d calmed down a bit but was still kind of giggling when I heard this:

He didn’t ask whether auto workers were supporters. He didn’t ask whether auto executives were supporters. He did what was right.

Stop, stop, stop, stop! This was the very same bailout that put Obama’s friends in the autoworker unions in front of GM’s creditors, a reversal of where they would have been had Obama just let the automakers go bankrupt and reemerge without such ruinous union contracts.

Asked about the President of All the People’s contention four years ago that a portion of All the People were bitterly clinging to their Bibles and guns, Carney seemed annoyed that someone would interrupt his act.

“That happened four years ago and was discussed in abundance at the time,” he complained.

Gosh, some reporters have no sense of humor at all.

{ 1 trackback }

Sadie September 18, 2012 at 3:42 pm

Best laugh I’ve had in ages. Thanks Keith. I always loved the Smothers Brothers. : )

rex September 18, 2012 at 3:45 pm

I did spit out my coffee…………

Michael September 18, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Spitting out coffee isn’t as bad as spitting coca cola through your nose! :)

Martha Trowbridge September 18, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Carney has pushed the limits of credulity far too many times. Loyalty to the agenda or not, the WH Press Corp aren’t THAT committed that they will indefinitely swallow the preposterous.

Langley Spook September 18, 2012 at 8:28 pm

The “WH press corps” asking REAL-Challenge questions to “Propaganda Sec.” Carney…? LMAO!

Not Nabob September 18, 2012 at 3:49 pm

He (Obama) doesn’t view Conservative Republicans as people, therefore he feels he is the President of the people (the rest of the bunch).

Jeff1000 September 18, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Carney is utterly delusional. He’s a very ill man who needs help fast. And that ain’t no laughing matter.

TimG September 18, 2012 at 3:58 pm

Well Jay If you’re going to tell a lie, wait I mean embellish the story, make it a wopper! Obummer has been one of the most devisive presidents I can recall.

Sadie September 18, 2012 at 5:18 pm

Sorry Tim, no ‘whoppers’ allowed – they’re not acceptable according to the food police. ; )

TimG September 19, 2012 at 6:10 am

ha ha yes it now appears that the food police have a more important mandate than the truth police.

lc southern September 18, 2012 at 3:59 pm

So much for the WH press secretary being non-partisan…

Julie Brueckheimer September 18, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Romney ought to make an ad out of the youtube headline up on Drudge where Obama admits that he believes in the redistribution of wealth.

Langley Spook September 18, 2012 at 8:23 pm

A hard hitting anti-Obama ad by Team Romney? Yeah, right…

pianogirl88 September 18, 2012 at 4:36 pm

Well, I didn’t spit out coffee, but I nearly choked on the sip of water I had in my mouth when I started to read this! They truly DO think people are stupid and that we are going to fall for all this BS.

Janna September 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

yup, they do

srdem65 September 18, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Can I point out that MrObama has talked before Black groups, Hispanic groups, women’s groups,Jewish groups, Muslim groups, college students, high school students, union workers, teachers, the gay groups, the military, and the glitteri of the entertainment world.
I have yet to hear that he will address the retired workers, the seniors who most likely will not fail to cast a vote in November.
Until he can find the courage to speak in front of an entire audience that considers him a ‘youngster’, he isn’t the President of all of us.

Star September 18, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I don’t consider him my president, so maybe it’s only fair…j

Cooper September 18, 2012 at 4:58 pm

Gag. What a toadstool of a lackey. He’ll say about anything, it doesn’t matter how big the lie or how much the facts get twisted or distorted. Carney can be counted on to, with an Opie like straight face, deliver the BS time and time again. How does this guy do it ? He seems to intelligent to believe all this garbage he spews, I guess he goes home and gulps down a few stiff belts to ease the shame he must feel having to cover Obama’s lies and negligence.

Rod September 18, 2012 at 5:11 pm

He must still think he’s on Letterman, trying to be funny.

desertdweller September 18, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Carney is related to Bagdad Bob, right?

RT Boogs September 18, 2012 at 5:55 pm

What do you expect from a Yale graduate with a minor in Russian. I mean, Time magazine, CNN, author, wife working for ABC. The deck is stacked against him from the start…

A.J. September 18, 2012 at 6:09 pm

Wonder what his wife thinks about him having a Russian minor?? Isn’t that illegal?

Star September 18, 2012 at 6:52 pm

…funny

Cooper September 18, 2012 at 9:27 pm

Ok, so he’s an Ivy League tool who can speak a little Russky and write lefty drivel in Time or for CNN. Big whoop. And I’m really impressed that Opie’s wife works for ABC, one of the many arms of the liberal media Part of that media elite who mindlessly support libtard causes and Obama.

A.J. September 18, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Nah!! Baghdad Bob’s delivery was much smoother. Maybe Saddam didn’t put as much pressure on him?

A.J. September 18, 2012 at 5:58 pm

I was drinking straight whiskey and spit it out through my NOSE!!! Painful AND wasteful!! In spite of all that, thanks Keith!!!!

DeniseVB September 18, 2012 at 6:08 pm

So Obama and Dave talked about Romney’s comments at the taping today.

BO said something like “if you want to be President you have to be President for all the people”.

Bet that got some yucks from Dave. No?

A.J. September 18, 2012 at 6:38 pm

Top 10 reasons Carney can’t/won’t tell the truth

10. Gets his information from Joe Biden

9 Hopes Michelle will let him help out in the WH veggie garden

8. Pituitary gland affected by watching too much Sesame Street

7. Holds a degree in Obfuscation from Eastern Dakota A&M

6. Finds the truth “boring and unimaginative”

5. Auditioning for a job with Xinhua

4. Waiting for Bill Clinton to define “truth”

3. Took a vow of deception while studying for the priesthood

2. He can’t HANDLE the truth!!

1. Actually believes what Obama says

(OK, that last one was just cruel!!)

Anonna September 18, 2012 at 6:40 pm

LOL!

Keith Koffler September 18, 2012 at 10:04 pm

It’s actually a Masters in obfuscation.

A.J. September 19, 2012 at 10:23 am

I stand corrected!

rulierose September 18, 2012 at 6:11 pm

just watched this briefing on the news. now admit it, Keith: don’t you all just want to yell “ENOUGH, CARNEY! TELL US THE TRUTH FOR A CHANGE!”

Star September 18, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I dunno…this is sort of grotesquely fascinating, watching this…

Lindy September 18, 2012 at 7:56 pm

He reminds me of the times my cats barf hairballs.

A.J. September 18, 2012 at 8:13 pm

That has GOT to be the finest, most accurate description of Carney I’ve ever read!!!!!! Grab the CatLax!!

BH September 18, 2012 at 9:27 pm

And that’s the way Stalin ruled Russia….SO, I ask you are we going to let this happen here with a “Closet Muslim” for another 4 years?…Probably, because most folks here are on the “tit”….fat and happy and also because we couldn’t find a Republican candidate who can stand up and “ROAR”

Susan September 18, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Thank you for the good laugh, Keith. Oh, that President Kardashian is such a selfless little demagogue.

He didn’t ask the GM secured bondholders if they were his supporters when he turned 100 years of bankruptcy laws on its head, fired their CEO, gypped them out of their life savings, and gave the company to the UAW, who ARE his supporters.

He didn’t ask Brian Terry or Jaime Zepata if they were supporters before he left them defenseless against Mexican drug gangs armed by his DOJ. Their thanks for serving their country and dying in the line of duty? Stonewalling the investigation into Fast and Furious to save Obama’s hide.

He didn’t ask the citizens of Arizona if they were his supporters before he sued them for trying to stem the flow of illegal aliens, who ARE his supporters.

He didn’t ask Americans if they were his supporters before he bypassed Congress and the rule of law by granting work permits to illegal aliens, aka dreamers or Obama supporters; thereby allowing them to compete with real Americans for the few jobs remaining in Obamaville.

He didn’t ask Americans if they were his supporters before he played venture capitalist with billions of our tax dollars invested in phony “green energy” companies run by his cronies and bundlers, who ARE his supporters.

He didn’t ask Americans if they were supporters when he lied straight to our face and told us if we liked our doctor, we could keep our doctor. He didn’t ask Americans if they were supporters when his corrupt Congress passed the takeover of America’s health care system in the dead of night on Christmas Eve.

I could go on but I’m getting too pissed. Anybody who votes for Obama over Romney deserves what he has in store for them. Sadly, they will be taking the rest of us down along with them.

Mr. T. September 18, 2012 at 10:48 pm

Excellent post, Susan. Would love to see a Romney ad mentioning each and every point.

TimG September 19, 2012 at 8:22 am

Oustanding Susan! Romney could use you in his campaign to shine a light onto this charade that is being played on us. I fear that the dimwits in our population will not learn a lesson until we are, well, Greece.

Tom Poole September 19, 2012 at 12:53 pm

Who will employ Carney when this is over?. He sure has blown all credibility as a journalist.