Michelle Campaigning in Virginia

by Keith Koffler on September 13, 2012, 10:49 am

First Lady Michelle Obama today has two campaign events in Virginia and a fundraiser tomorrow in Washington.

Here’s her schedule for the rest of the week:

Thursday, September 13, 2012

1:45 pm || Speaks to grassroots supporters; Richmond, Virginia

4:45 pm || Speaks to grassroots supporters; Fredericksburg, Virginia

Friday, September 14, 2012

10:00 am || Hosts Olympians and Paralympians at the White House

1:35 pm || Attends a fundraiser; Washington

All times Eastern

FREE ROAMING FOR INTERNATIONAL CALLS!
Check out the best international Sim Cards and save up to 80% on your phone calls, go to roaming free sims and travelsim!

{ 1 trackback }

sportinlife10 September 13, 2012 at 11:03 am

Why let an international crisis, the murder of Americans and the violation of US embassies get in the way of campaigning?

Susan September 13, 2012 at 11:11 am

Mitt Romney is in Virginia today too…

Melvin September 13, 2012 at 11:12 am

Barry’s not going to win VA – they are wasting their time there which is probably why they sent Moochelle there.

Knothead September 13, 2012 at 5:59 pm

OCTOBER SURPRISE :
Biden dumped, Barry dropped to V.P. and Moochie takes the reins.

Girly1 September 13, 2012 at 11:12 am

This morning a true American hero is being remembered at the National Cathedral in D.C. while two anti-American interlopers are blazing the campaign trail – begging for another 4 years. In all likelihood they were not invited to attend the Memorial for Neil Armstrong, but their absence speaks volumes. Of all Obama’s dastardly deeds, cancelling the space shuttle and his ‘Muslim outreach’ ranks right up at the top! On Nov. 6, I am voting for the American!

srdem65 September 13, 2012 at 11:23 am

Our space program was a gift to the whole world and something we were all proud to underwrite with our taxdollars. The men and women who flew into space were both honored and envied.
How many children dreamt of being an astronaut when they grow up, of flying into the final frontier.
MrObama’s action to shut down our space program and to use it to promote a Muslim outreach wasn’t just wrong, it was crazy, illogical and un-American.
RIP, Rocketman, we’ll never forget.

Lizzy September 13, 2012 at 1:19 pm

My late father ways woke me up to see them blast off even into my
adult life fond memories but bittersweet.

sportinlife10 September 13, 2012 at 1:23 pm

Amen.

Star September 13, 2012 at 11:36 am

I was involved with the aerospace industry during most of this–I remember going to the conference room to watch the liftoffs–we were all proud, even though on the sidelines. I also remember the satellites going over the night sky–watching those, while lying in the grass. Kids today…well….

Just2old September 13, 2012 at 11:51 am

I remember we’d all troop into the shcool library to watch the liftoffs. It was quite a thrill. A few months ago when they flew Discovery into Dulles I drove out there to watch. There were people everywhere including rooftops. They flew over three times and it was both awesome and profoundly sad at the same time. Neil Armstrong rest in peace.

Susan September 13, 2012 at 12:06 pm

Fresh out of high school, my very first job was as a clerk for NASA at their White Sands Testing Facility. What a magical time in American history that was.

Russell September 13, 2012 at 12:02 pm

Keith, get a picture or the menu from her dinners. I’m sure we will see something other what she is preaching for us minions to live by.

AZ Granny September 13, 2012 at 12:23 pm

Michelle was on the Dr. Oz show yesterday and they discussed the #1 threat to our national security – obesity!

Star September 13, 2012 at 12:53 pm

I cannot stand Dr Oz…I have seen so many interviews with him trying to look down women’s blouses…ick.

AZ Granny September 13, 2012 at 1:29 pm

omg Star, I didn’t realize that! I rarely watch his show and see no need to now. sheesh…

Lizzy September 13, 2012 at 1:20 pm

I thought it was the fear of Sandra Fluke getting pregnant?

Lizzy September 13, 2012 at 1:17 pm

He should have his Quiling self back at the WH at least pretending to care about what’s going on he has American citizens at risk and dead now is not the time to party! He is responsible for all of them!

SnarkEsq. September 13, 2012 at 2:16 pm

Moochelle “speaks to grassroots supporters” at two events in Virginia today. It will be her standard speech to get them to register as many people as they can find. I’ve read it before, but just to give you all a look at what she usually says, check out her remarks to the African American Caucus at the DNC last week, the morning after her convention speech. They are DESPERATE:

Michelle Obama fires up African American caucus at Democratic Convention. Transcript

So we don’t have a single minute to waste — not a single minute. We are going to need all of you to get out there and work like you’ve never worked before. We need every single one of you out there every single day — really, listen to me: every single day — from now until November the 6th. (Applause.)

And I’ve been traveling around the country. I’ve been out there. I’m going to be out there. But let me tell you, we have got a first-rate campaign. We have got thousands of offices all over this country. We have millions of volunteers. Let me tell you, we’ve got folks out there, and so many ways for people to get involved. So if you’re wondering, how do I get involved in this? What do I do tomorrow when I leave here? Go to barackobama.com — that’s the first step. Go there; sign up to get involved if you’re not already involved. (Applause.)

And if you don’t live in a battleground state — because this election is about battleground victories. (Applause.) So if you don’t live in a battleground state, get to one. (Applause.) Right? Find the nearest battleground state and go spend some time there. You can even make calls from your home to battleground states through our campaign.

If you can afford it, write a check — and if you haven’t maxed out, max out. (Laughter and applause.)

But most importantly, make sure that every single person that you know that is within the sound of your voice, your touch, your breath, make sure you get to them — your friends, your neighbors, that nephew you haven’t seen for a while, that college roommate you haven’t spoken to in decades, your congregation member, the lady down the street, the person on the board. Anybody who is sitting around wondering, what am I going to do this election? Find them. Make sure every single one of them is registered and gets to the polls and casts their vote on November the 6th. (Applause.)

Because what we have to remember, like all elections — elections in this country are always close, but as Barack has said, this election is going to be even closer than the last one. And this is what — I try to put it in perspective to help people understand just how much power we have as individuals. In the end, this election could come down to just a few thousand votes in a single battleground state, all right?

So just think about what happened in 2008. We won, but let’s just look at some of the numbers. Back then, we won Florida by 236,000 votes. (Applause.) And understand — Florida! (Applause.) We’re going to do it again, Florida. But while that might sound like a lot, that’s just 36 votes per precinct. Understand — 36 votes!

And if you think that’s close, don’t forget that we won North Carolina — (applause) — by just 14,000 votes. Now, that’s just five votes per precinct. That’s right, five! Five people!

So starting the minute you get up from these seats, we need you to get out there and get your 36 people. Find your five votes. (Applause.) And then find five more, and five more after that, and don’t stop until the polls close on November the 6th.

Because what you do every day for the next 62 days will make the difference between waking up on November the 7th and asking yourself, “Could I have done more?”, or feeling the promise of four more years. (Applause.)

So never underestimate the power of what you can do as an individual. Because in the midst of all this sometimes we think, what can I do? What difference will my involvement make? Everybody in here knows five people who aren’t involved, aren’t registered to vote, not focused, a little confused about what the issues are. We all know those people. And we all have a moment [role] to play, and that’s where all of you come in.

So I have to know: Are you fired up? (Applause.) Are you ready to go? (Applause.) Let me tell you, I am so fired up. Can you tell? (Applause.) I am so ready to go, because this is about our future. This is about our sons and our daughters. And as I said last night, it’s about the world we want to leave for them long after we’re gone.

So we’re going to have to roll up our sleeves! Roll them up. Get it done. Sixty-two days is nothing. But if we have all of you and everyone you know, we will get this done. We will get this done and we’ll have four more years to move this country forward.

ImNoDhimmi September 13, 2012 at 6:02 pm

Imagine inciting people to max out their credit cards to donate to Barry’s campaign?It’s unconscionable.

cincycinco September 14, 2012 at 8:01 am

It’s OK, they’ll just default and leave responsible people with the bill. As Obama supporters tend to do with EVERY aspect of their lives.

Obama gets what he wants, his supporters get to feel good, and people who actually husband their money properly get to pick up the tab for the Obama campaign by default. Win/Win/Win from the O perspective.

His supporters will put in for new cards later on after that, and scream RACIST when the credit card companies ask about the last default. You know this song, we’ve been hearing it since the Johnson administration…

FLDemFem September 14, 2012 at 3:37 pm

She could mean the maximum donation amount rather than credit cards. But then again, who can afford to do that these days except the rich? How many rich AA’s in the audience, I wonder.

Susan September 13, 2012 at 7:40 pm

Sure are a lot of “so”s in that desperate, infantile diatribe.

Knothead September 13, 2012 at 8:50 pm

So. :-)

GotFreedom September 13, 2012 at 4:37 pm

There are some really nice Target’s down around Fredbrg. . .think she’ll have time to stop in to pick up a few items; help out the local economy with our tax dollars?

Will she be flying or driving. . .as if I95 traffic between DC/Richmond isn’t bad enough; don’t need her/posse creating even more of a traffic jam!

Girly1 September 13, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Looks like one Virginia school, Chesterfield, had the guts to slam the door in MOOchelle’s face. Too bad there isn’t a Federal law banning all politicians from school campuses.

Knothead September 13, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Michelle Obama is just another speck of dust just like us in this enormous universe. Her opinions and actions will make little difference when history is uncovered thousands of years from now. Lady Gaga will be more relevant.

PhilJourdan September 14, 2012 at 8:01 am

A Virginia school told her to take her show on the road.

Maybe there is hope for public education after all.